Rising Wave of Anti-Semitism Sparks Fears of a Dark Future for Jewish Communities

Social Media

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Rightwing talking heads with millions of online followers platforming Nazi apologist Holocaust deniers might be doing their bit to promote this hatred

Ā 

Any links for these right wing online fanatics?, it's actually mostly your far left chums that are the Jew haters

• Haha 2

I will never support Hamas or any other terrorist group. I do not agree withĀ 

Isreal allowing their people to occupy any part of the WEest Bank area.

Ā  Since Gaza is being controlled by Hamas, and they hide among the other

people in Gaza, when I hear of the deaths, and the media does not seperate

how many Hamas members are included in this number, I am tired of the media

coverage of this war against Hamas and the other terror groups that are fighting with

Isreal.Ā  Iran is not a great country, in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

The days when you thought you can do whatever you want and hide behind playing the poor victim are officially over! You will not get away with it any longer!Ā 

Ā 

Ā  Ā I don't know .

Hamas committed atrocities and now they are playing the victim and they are quite good at doing that .

Ā  Ā Carry out an attack and then publicly cry when Israel retaliates and many people sympathise with crying Hamas .

Ā  Israel were indeed the victims of a terror attack , they were not playing at being the victimsĀ 

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Bible:

2 Chronicles 15:12-13Ā ESV

And they entered into a covenant to seek theĀ Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek theĀ Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

Ā 

The difference is that Judaism allows for and encourages discussion and challenging of the faith. It is how Judaism evolved and why there are enlightened versions of it today. The same holds for Christianity. At one time the Church of Rome claimed to be the only interpretation. Centuries of corruption gave rise to a non christian faith. The Reformation through its own clergy brought the faith back to its roots. Christianity like Judaism has since evolved.Ā 

• Like 2

US could stop it within weeks >>> just bring Peace Corps and establish the buffer zones. Seems that this war [mass slaughter, genocide] is more profitable ... Sick, right?

Officers knows how to do it, it is not a "rocket science", Pentagon has a know-how about this "operation". Why wouldn't they do it almost a year ago?

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

US could stop it within weeks >>> just bring Peace Corps and establish the buffer zones. Seems that this war [mass slaughter, genocide] is more profitable ... Sick, right?

Officers knows how to do it, it is not a "rocket science", Pentagon has a know-how about this "operation". Why wouldn't they do it almost a year ago?

Ā 

Ā  Ā Then Hamas would attack the USA forces and the USA would be stuck once again in a never ending war , like in Afghanistan and Iraq

18 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Ā 

Ā  Ā ^ Needs to be put in contextĀ  :

Ā 

Ā 

I think you are referencing 2 Chronicles 15:12-13. It means that those who refuse to carry out the covenant they make to worship the True God and who refused to desist in practicing their gross idolatry was to be put to death.

It helps to read 2 Chronicles chapter 14 and then follow that up with chapter 15 in their entirety. Asa was the third king of the southern kingdom of Judah with its capital in Jerusalem. The entire nation of Israel was dedicated to the true God by their own choice. But the kingdom was permeated with rank idolatry and apostasy. There were even male prostitutes at the temple of God. Asaā€™s own grandmother Maacah had made horrible idols in her position as sort of queen mother. Both she and the idols were removed. Asa cleared out the idolatry and apostasy. Asaā€™s zeal for true worship ā€“ pure worship ā€“ was blessed by the true God Jehovah. But yes, it meant death. Apostasy and idolatry were capital offenses, punishable by death.

Ā 

Thanks for the context Nick but I was just responding to koolkarl's assertion that there didn't appear to be such doctrine in other religions.Ā 

On 9/8/2024 at 4:30 PM, Social Media said:

"We have seen a tsunami of anti-Semitism really rolling across Europe and the globe," stated Katharina von Schnurbein, the European Commission's coordinator on combating anti-Semitism and fostering Jewish life.

Ā 

Von Schnurbein isn't talking aboutĀ  protests against Israeli government policies.Ā  She's referring to attacks on individual Jews and their places of worship.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The EU Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) discovered in a recent survey that of the 8,000 surveyed, "37% say they were harassed because they are Jewish in the year before the survey. Most of them experienced harassment multiple times. Antisemitic harassment and violence mostly take place in streets, parks, or shops."Ā Ā https://fra.europa.eu/en/news/2024/jews-europe-still-face-high-levels-antisemitism

Ā 

The situaation is much the same in the U.S.Ā Ā https://www.ajc.org/AntisemitismReport2023

Ā 

Ā 

20 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Ā 

Ā  Ā I don't know .

Hamas committed atrocities and now they are playing the victim and they are quite good at doing that .

Ā  Ā Carry out an attack and then publicly cry when Israel retaliates and many people sympathise with crying Hamas .

Ā  Israel were indeed the victims of a terror attack , they were not playing at being the victimsĀ 

I'm definitely not saying that Hamas is innocent, BUT Israel is equally as much to blame for what's going on down there and the world isn't ignoring it anymore as they used to. Israel is intentionally targeting kindergartens, schools and hospitals. That's genocide in my book. Israel is also VERY good at provoking the other side into attacking them because as long as Hamas commits these atrocities, Israel won't have to give up any of the land and Hamas is stupid enough to fall for it over and over again. Israel has literally become what Hitler was. The Gaza Strip is a concentration camp, minus the gas chambers and the crematoriums.Ā Ā 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/9/2024 at 12:56 PM, Brian Hull said:

The wave of Anti Semitism internationally is directly caused by the neo-Nazi Israel government's appalling treatment of the Palestinians over many decades, and by Netanyahu and his thugs in particular .

The Israeli government, bad as it is, is Nazi according to you?

Dude, that's a disgusting TROLL move to go there and you flippin' know it.

21 hours ago, proton said:

Ā 

Any links for these right wing online fanatics?, it's actually mostly your far left chums that are the Jew haters

It's coming from multiple sides. Anyone that says it's only coming from one side is either lying or very badly misinformed.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

I'm definitely not saying that Hamas is innocent, BUT Israel is equally as much to blame for what's going on down there and the world isn't ignoring it anymore as they used to. Israel is intentionally targeting kindergartens, schools and hospitals. That's genocide in my book..Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā  That just isn't true .Ā 

Israel did not target kindergartens,Ā  schools and hospitals , the targets were Hamas terrorists who were hiding in said buildingsĀ  .

Ā  Ā AnyĀ kindergartens,Ā  schools and hospitals that got hit in Gaza is because Hamas used them as Human shields and hid behind them, its Hamas fault those building's got hitĀ 

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Ā 

Don't be so ridiculous .Ā 

You Anti Semites do enjoy referencing Nazi and Hitler and Gas Chambers , You and the Palestians will not be allowed to get Hitlers job done , Jews will fight back this time .

Ā  Ā Never again is NOW

Ā 

Ā 

Don't be so ridiculous .Ā 

You Anti Semites do enjoy referencing Nazi and Hitler and Gas Chambers , You and the Palestians will not be allowed to get Hitlers job done , Jews will fight back this time .

Ā  Ā Never again is NOW

Typical! As soon as someone is critical of Israel you wave the anti-Semite flag. Newsflash: Iā€™m an atheist. I donā€™t give one flying Ā F about their religion or any other religion for that matter. They can believe in pink elephants for all I care. I have nothing against them because of their religious belief. I have something against their actions and the way they behave. Thatā€™s the one and only reason and therefore Iā€™m not an anti-Semite!Ā 
Ā 

Having said that, you can keep your head in the sand and believe what you want, but thereā€™s a reason why numerous countries, amongst them Spain, which is not an Islamic country and therefore doesnā€™t have an agenda against Israel like most of the Islamic countries do, Ā have filed an official complaint with the International Court of Justice in The Hague for crimes of war committed by Israel! So thereā€™s thatā€¦.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

The Gaza Strip is a concentration camp, minus the gas chambers and the crematoriums.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā  Ā The six Israeli Jews who were being held hostage in Gaza and who were recently murdered , killed by Hamas with bullet to the back of the head, would agree with youĀ  .Ā 

Ā 

member-mobile-killing-units-Einsatzgruppen-Nazis-edge.jpg?w=300

Ā Ā 

Ā  Ā Auschwitz or Gaza ?

Ā 

11 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

s, amongst them Spain, which is not an Islamic country and therefore doesnā€™t have an agenda against Israel like most of the Islamic countries do, Ā have filed an official complaint with the International Court of Justice in The Hague for crimes of war committed by Israel! So thereā€™s thatā€¦.

Ā 

Ā  South Africa who made the claim to the ICJ were given nine months to provide evidence to the ICJ , their evidence that there is genocide /war crime happening in Gaza .

Ā  Ā That nine months' expires on October 28 th 2024 .

South Arica have had eight months to provide their evidence and they still haven't yet done so .

Ā  Ā South Africa have now asked for the deadline to be extendedĀ  as they haven't got any evidence of genocide/war crimes by Israel in Gaza

Ā 

https://www.jns.org/south-africa-trying-to-delay-icj-genocide-case-for-lack-of-evidence/

Ā 

South Africa trying to delay ICJ genocide case for lack of evidence

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/9/2024 at 8:17 AM, koolkarl said:

Again the airheads are targeting the wrong group.Ā  In the Koran itĀ  states that if you are not a believer in Islam, you are an infidel and must be eliminated.Ā  Don't know of any other group with such a doctrine.Ā  A rock would understand this better.

It doesn't say that though, does it?

Ā 

It says "idolaters". It doesn't refer to non believing "Islam".Ā 

Ā 

The history of the verse in the Quran isĀ  when Prophet Muhammad began preaching the unity of God he was persecuted for 13 years, much as Prophets Abraham and Jesus were.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1

Does the horrific 74-year occupation of Palestine and genocide in Gaza have anything to do with it.?

Attack on USS liberty in 1967.?

Involvement in 9-11.?

...asking for a friend ...

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, papa al said:

Does the horrific 74-year occupation of Palestine and genocide in Gaza have anything to do with it.?

Attack on USS liberty in 1967.?

Involvement in 9-11.?

...asking for a friend ...

Ā 

Ā  Ā Palestine hasn't been occupied and there's no genocide in Gaza .

Ā  Ā USS Liberty and 9-11 are off topic and verging on conspiracy theories , so, best not go thereĀ 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Ā 

Ā  No, you made Anti-Semitic remarks .

You wasn't critical of Israel .

Deny the Holocaust or downplaying what occurred in the Holocaust are regarded as being Anti Semitic .

Ā  Ā And that is what you did .

Typical, you make Anti-Semitic remarks then just make the usual claim "I was only criticising Israel"

Ā  Ā No you wasn't , you made Anti-Semitic remarks and that is why I pointed them outĀ Ā 

Whatever gets you through the night.Ā  I'm through with you!Ā 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ā 

Ā  I don't think that I did .Ā 

Your point was easy to understand .Ā 

*Your posts are like Shakespeare , just minus the words* šŸ™‚Ā Ā 

You absolutely did. It's also useless to appeal to your sense of logic and therefore I'm done wasting my time on a zionist fan boy like you. Believe whatever you want. I don't give a <deleted>.Ā 

10 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

You absolutely did. It's also useless to appeal to your sense of logic and therefore I'm done wasting my time on a zionist fan boy like you. Believe whatever you want. I don't give a <deleted>.Ā 

Ā 

Ā  Ā OK, I will hear you out .

What was the point that I missed ?

What point was you making ?

Ā 

On 9/9/2024 at 1:56 AM, Brian Hull said:

The wave of Anti Semitism internationally is directly caused by the neo-Nazi Israel government's appalling treatment of the Palestinians over many decades, and by Netanyahu and his thugs in particular .

Ā 

On 9/9/2024 at 3:47 AM, RamblingOn said:

Criticizing Israel for killing more than 40000 Palestinians is not Anti-Semitism.

Ā 

Ā 

On 9/9/2024 at 4:31 AM, frank83628 said:

just because someone disagrees withĀ  Israel government re Gaza, doesn't mean they are all antisemitic, sound like the bully crying they're being picked on!

Ā 

Why are you talking about Israel vs Hamas or criticism of the Israeli government?Ā Katharina von Schnurbein of the European Commission is referring to physicalĀ  attacks and harassment of Jews in Europe and elsewhere.Ā Ā "We have seen a tsunami of anti-Semitism really rolling across Europe and the globe,"Ā  she said.

Ā 

On 9/8/2024 at 4:30 PM, Social Media said:

She described a disturbing wave of anti-Semitic actions, including firebomb attacks on synagogues, Stars of David being spray-painted on Jewish homes, and Jewish students facing violence on university campuses.

Ā 

GP4XWZvW4AAIWy2.jpg.0eb5ecd145bb65fb99b77f3fd5ef96f9.jpg

Ā 

The anti-Semitic attacks are occuring not only in Europe but also in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Latin America, etc.Ā  It's very bad in the US right now, with daily incidents and many cases itargetingĀ  Jewish students from the elementary through university level.Ā  Does anyone think it is justifiable to harassĀ  or physically abuse residents of New York, Paris or London for what someone with the same religion did in another country on a different continent?

Ā 

Blaming all Jews for the real or imagined actions of some Jews is one of the hallmarks of classic anti-Semitism.Ā  Jews were hated in medieval times because they were supposedly the descendants of the killers of Christ.Ā  Nowadays anti-Semites substitute "Zionists" forĀ  "killers of Christ."Ā  The words have changed a little, but the message is the same.

Edited by Evil Penevil

On 9/9/2024 at 2:17 PM, koolkarl said:

Again the airheads are targeting the wrong group.Ā  In the Koran itĀ  states that if you are not a believer in Islam, you are an infidel and must be eliminated.Ā  Don't know of any other group with such a doctrine.Ā  A rock would understand this better.

Ā Muslims ruled the mideast for over a millenia and in many regions Jews and Christians not only survived but thrived. Even in parts where they were treated poorly, they weren't put to death for not being Muslims. In fact Jews under Islam fared better than Jews in Christian Europe.

Ā 

Christians and Jews in the Balkans weren't persecuted by the Turks. In fact, under the Turks, Jews were allowed to own land and to farm. This had been denied them when Orthodox Christian kings and czars war in power. The populations in the Balkans remained majority Christian orthodox

Ā 

In areas where the Mughals ruled India,for most of their time in power, they were tolerant of Hindus even though Hindus are polytheists.