Foreign pickup driver flees after crashing into Thai woman in Phuket

snoop1130

13 hours ago, terryq said:

Not something I would be caught out doing.

When I see somebody indicating a left turn I expect them to move to the right before executing the turn as I assume that they are making the turning radius larger.

The pickup driver was in the wrong (IMHO) but she should have hung back or given more space on the right.

Correct, that is why even In Thailand education/training 

One can not over or undertake 100-150M. from a intersection.

15 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Thailand, populated by many foreign-hating racists and covering up an inferiority complex over anything foreign, higher or better than .... the holy land! 

Would you expect positive comments about how wonderful we are when it is a story about a hit and run where the foreigner left her for dead? 
You must be woke.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Some posters are complicating this. If you hit another vehicle, you stop and take responsibility or at least find out what exactly happened and who was in the wrong. But you don't do a runner. When you die and have your life review, you will discover the effect this had on the person hit and on your soul. (Atheists, ignore this last sentence.)

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

I do agree with the thais to a certain extend. The nmax, tmax and other max's we see a lot of these days are driving like idiots and are mainly driven by farang.

And most probably with a license, stop at any light and thais on bikes cut across you to either U-turn or turn right and then read their phone and miss the change and wonder why I blast them, I want one of those machine gun sounding horns

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, terryq said:

Not something I would be caught out doing.

When I see somebody indicating a left turn I expect them to move to the right before executing the turn as I assume that they are making the turning radius larger.

The pickup driver was in the wrong (IMHO) but she should have hung back or given more space on the right.

I do that, if I am driving a Load loader or long Tail Trailer... otherwise, no reason to sway right before a left Turn...

• Agree 2