Violent Brawl Between Drunk Australian Tourists Shocks Pattaya

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Officers struggled for over 30 minutes to control the belligerent tourists, showcasing ...

... their ineptitude to take swift control.

These police don't belong on the street until they can effectively handle public unarmed belligerence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olsworth said:

I thought Pattaya was supposed to be a family destination where I can bring my children?

Family is right! Yes, this is a family. While dad and mom were already drunk sleeping in their urine, their two sons were playing a little KingFuFighting on the road...

• Love It 1

Is Pattaya becoming the New Bali with hordes of drunk Aussies? Anyone who can't handle their liquor shouldn't drink. Some people get a little drunk and their true nature comes out, which is not a pretty thing to witness. Lock them up. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1

I thought it was a bit strange that the two policemen trying to break up the fight used only one arm each while the other held their radios ? Eben the girl in the white dress kept hold of her phone in one hand. Perhaps "Stun Gunns" would be more useful in the hand than the radio ?

4 hours ago, LisuLover said:

95% of party people would have been upset and disturbed by unpleasant, violent fighting in public.

And, the rest of us who aren't 'party people' aren't 'upset and disturbed' at all.  At least I am not.  And, I doubt '95%' of the 'party people' are, either.   This is a nothing story, blown up because there's not a lot of other news to report.   It's the same thing with the hyped 'tourist gets gold necklace stolen' stories.  Yawn.  Gotta fill the space with something.   If it was even reported at all in western cities and newspapers, it would warrant a one or two sentence blurb under a "Police Beat' column.  Two drunk guys get into a fight at a bar in a tourist city.  Stop the presses!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Is Pattaya becoming the New Bali with hordes of drunk Aussies? Anyone who can't handle their liquor shouldn't drink. Some people get a little drunk and their true nature comes out, which is not a pretty thing to witness. Lock them up. 

They were likely fighting over whose turn it was on a bargirl.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Pattaya must be on a different time zone to where I live.

Looking at the shadows and the daylight in the photo and the video, that would be in the afternoon here.

Just saying.  :whistling:

This comment is a good example why it is important to learn the local language so you do not spend your life here confused.

The Thai word for evening is dton yen ตอนเย็น

Literally translates as “cool time”

And 4 pm is considered the start of dton yen as the sun loses its intense heat.

I am glad I could clear that up for you.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Olsworth said:

I thought Pattaya was supposed to be a family destination where I can bring my children? 

What I saw on that video is nothing compared to the drunken violence I saw in the small town where I worked before leaving the UK. At least here the police intervened whereas back there they sat in their vans watching.

5 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Some alcoholics experience radical Jekyll/Hyde personality changes when they drink. 

Not just alcoholics, also those who are not but just their personality & brain functioning. If I consume alcohol I begin to smile, laugh, get sleepy then fall asleep if drunk.  But drink so little now, that happens on 1 beer 😆🤣

• Agree 1