Game over

stoner

28 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Praise the <deleted> Lord.

So all the hysterics when the pandemic broke out, all the mask fanatics...they were all wrong.

Those of us who said it is another respiratory disease, we were all right.

And the governments that locked down, all wrong.

Better safe then sorry.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

its classed as a cold to most now,  times to come out from behind that sofa and remove your mask, get some fresh air.

I still like wearing my mask on public transit, it just feels healthier. Plus, I don't like people staring at me in crowds so it helps with that as well. Also, my cloth mask it's comfortable going in & out of heavily air conditioned buildings, I don't like the temperature change.

I don't talk to people much though, so having my mask on is not that big of a deal. I have a comfortable cotton mask though, not cheap, so maybe you just need a better mask.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, get a nice hat also. Protects from the sun which can cause skin cancer. Standing in the sun is also sweaty and uncomfortable.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1

When I see people wearing masks I am reminded of the horror of this pandemic, people who wear masks, about which senior doctors at the height of the pandemic said they confer no tangible benefit, should really be dragged into a public square and humiliated by the public by the throwing of rotten eggs and vegetables. These smug mask wearing fools.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I still like wearing my mask on public transit, it just feels healthier. Plus, I don't like people staring at me in crowds so it helps with that as well. Also, my cloth mask it's comfortable going in & out of heavily air conditioned buildings, I don't like the temperature change.

I don't talk to people much though, so having my mask on is not that big of a deal. I have a comfortable cotton mask though, not cheap, so maybe you just need a better mask.

you are welcome to do whatever you like. as is ev

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Dr. Yong is entitled to his opinion. But the facts tell a different story.

June292024.jpg.630982a321a23c7d01454e13d693b9e3.jpg

why do your charts not so recoveries? t

from the info above, there were 3256 cases, 709+336+16=1045 are accounted for, what happened to the other 2195?  did they just test positive and told to go home?

There are others in the Thai public health establishment who have a more realistic, objective assessment than Dr. Yong of what's going on here with COVID.

For example, from back in this year's post Song Kran COVID surge period:

Doctor warns of surge in Covid infections, over 18,000 cases daily

21 May 2024

As the number of Covid-19 patients admitted to hospitals with lung infections continues to climb, an expert in preventive medicine, and a doctor from Chulalongkorn University issued a stark warning, predicting that daily infections in Thailand could surpass 18,000 individuals.

Associate Professor Doctor Thira Woratanarat, a faculty member at Chulalongkorn University’s Faculty of Medicine, expressed his concerns in a recent Facebook post, urging schools to remain vigilant in the face of this escalating threat.

Dr Thira based his projections on data released by the Public Health Ministry for the previous week (May 12 to 18), estimating that the virus may currently be infecting between 13,443 and 18,671 individuals daily.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/doctor-warns-schools-to-anticipate-a-surge-in-covid-infections

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Hysterics.....?

The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the COVID-19 pandemic caused approximately 7 million confirmed deaths as of late 2023. However, the WHO also acknowledges that the actual global death toll could be much higher, potentially reaching 15 million or more, when accounting for excess mortality.

Yes, hysterics. 

Mankind has lived through countless pandemics before. Nothing special about this one.

The flu pandemic killed 100 million. We're still here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There are others in the Thai public health establishment who have a more realistic, objective assessment than Dr. Yong of what's going on here with COVID.

For example, from back in this year's post Song Kran COVID surge period:

Doctor warns of surge in Covid infections, over 18,000 cases daily

21 May 2024

As the number of Covid-19 patients admitted to hospitals with lung infections continues to climb, an expert in preventive medicine, and a doctor from Chulalongkorn University issued a stark warning, predicting that daily infections in Thailand could surpass 18,000 individuals.

Associate Professor Doctor Thira Woratanarat, a faculty member at Chulalongkorn University’s Faculty of Medicine, expressed his concerns in a recent Facebook post, urging schools to remain vigilant in the face of this escalating threat.

Dr Thira based his projections on data released by the Public Health Ministry for the previous week (May 12 to 18), estimating that the virus may currently be infecting between 13,443 and 18,671 individuals daily.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/doctor-warns-schools-to-anticipate-a-surge-in-covid-infections

Let's hear this dr THIRA's current views on COVID, instead of recycling a 4-month old article. 

And for the record > I distinctly remember that dr YONG was lauded as Thailand's Top-virologist on this Forum during the pandemic, with him constantly emphasizing the need for getting jabbed (he even recommended jabbing all +6 month old children).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

When I see people wearing masks I am reminded of the horror of this pandemic, people who wear masks, about which senior doctors at the height of the pandemic said they confer no tangible benefit, should really be dragged into a public square and humiliated by the public by the throwing of rotten eggs and vegetables. These smug mask wearing fools.

Masking is not that big of a deal. It's just like a scarf. 

Anti-maskers are people who are afraid of the barrier put up between people because they need the social interaction. Or, they have attached some conspiracy theory to the mask wearing. Similar to the Jewish star during WWII.

If masking still bothers you it's well to look at why. You are fearful of government control (which is much worse in other areas then masking), or are fearful the there was a virus issue and you don't want to be reminded that it's a risk.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, JimTripper said:

Masking is not that big of a deal. It's just like a scarf. 

Anti-maskers are people who are afraid of the barrier put up between people because they need the social interaction. Or, they have attached some conspiracy theory to the mask wearing. Similar to the Jewish star during WWII.

If masking still bothers you it's well to look at why. You are fearful of government control (which is much worse in other areas then masking), or are fearful the there was a virus issue and you don't want to be reminded that it's a risk.

That's a good question. I think masks bother me so much for a variety of reasons:

1) They are worn by fools, because at the height of the pandemic top medical advisers said there is no evidence for masks providing protection

2) It is absolutely abhorrent to look at, it's like those Burqa wearing people (and I have no issue if they want to do that at home), it's sinister actually.

3) You cannot see people's facial expression or how good looking they are, so understandably ugly people love wearing masks.

4) People throw their masks all over the place and it's pointless garbage.

5) Last but not least there is that totalitarian dictatorship experience we all went through with the pandemic, of which the mask is a symbol

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Regarding the role of the Thai government relating to COVID, what's more telling, by way of example, is what happened during former PM Srettha Thavisin's tenure as PM from August 2023 to August 2024.

During that year period, which included this year's post Song Kran COVID surge shown above that resulted in many thousands of Thais being hospitalized with COVID, I don't remember Thavisin or his Public Health Minister ever making any public statements about the public health issues of COVID during that time.

Likewise, even while countries around the world typically continue mounting at least seasonal COVID vaccination campaigns aimed at at least protecting their elderly and most COVID vulnerable populations, Thailand seems to have abdicated on that entire front, doing nothing for the past year.

Instead, what Thailand gets is dueling Chula Univ. medical professors posting to Facebook their views of what's going on.... while the government's leaders remained silent. 

Thavisin was interesting in promoting tourism, not talking about the public health impacts of COVID in Thailand.

About the only time Thavisin made news relating to COVID was when he himself got infected with COVID earlier this year and had to be off work for a period of time.

PM Srettha off sick with Covid-19

PUBLISHED : 17 Jun 2024 at 13:58

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2812420/pm-srettha-off-sick-with-covid-19

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

10 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Sorry to break it to you, but action by government saved 0 lives, maybe you'd like to provide the evidence that 100 million would have died?. The lockdowns came much too late and were a giant mistake. As for your previous point, in the words of that greatest of thinkers, the unequalled Jonathan Sumption, former Supreme Court judge in the UK:

"Human beings have lived with epidemic disease from the beginning of time. Covid-19 is a relatively serious epidemic, but historically it is well within the range of health risks which are inseparable from ordinary existence, risks which human beings have always had to live with. In Europe, bubonic plague, smallpox, cholera and tuberculosis were all worse in their time. Worldwide, the list of comparable or worse epidemics is substantially longer, even if they did not happen to strike Europe or North America."

https://www.robertmenziesinstitute.org.au/institute-news/lord-sumption-a-state-of-fear

.....and?

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Meta-analyses and Reviews: A meta-analysis published in The Lancet in June 2020 reviewed 172 observational studies across 16 countries and found that mask-wearing was associated with a significant reduction in the risk of COVID-19 infection

There are other studies suggesting that they had no effect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

That's a good question. I think masks bother me so much for a variety of reasons:

1) They are worn by fools, because at the height of the pandemic top medical advisers said there is no evidence for masks providing protection

2) It is absolutely abhorrent to look at, it's like those Burqa wearing people (and I have no issue if they want to do that at home), it's sinister actually.

3) You cannot see people's facial expression or how good looking they are, so understandably ugly people love wearing masks.

4) People throw their masks all over the place and it's pointless garbage.

5) Last but not least there is that totalitarian dictatorship experience we all went through with the pandemic, of which the mask is a symbol

You forgot to mention the two most important things:

IMG_0685.jpeg

IMG_0686.jpeg

• Haha 1