Change from 800,000 in bank to using income and money in bank

What procedure must I use to change from 800,000 in bank to using money in bank and income .

My income does not reach the 65000 a month requirement .

I would need to have enough money in the bank to cover a 15000 baht a month shortfall.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Just now, itsari said:

What procedure must I use to change from 800,000 in bank to using money in bank and income .

My income does not reach the 65000 a month requirement .

I would need to have enough money in the bank to cover a 15000 baht a month shortfall.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Technically it should be 200K in the bank + 50K pm income but It would help if you share which Immigration Office you use as not all are “Friendly” to using the Combination method. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

Technically it should be 200K in the bank + 50K pm income but It would help if you share which Immigration Office you use as not all are “Friendly” to using the Combination method. 

I use Chiang Mai

18 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

My present extension is not up for renewal until March 25

1 minute ago, Rob Browder said:

I recall some wanting a minimum of 400K for the "combination method" - when/if they accept combo - but maybe someone using this method from CM can provide office-specific info.

Thank you for your contribution. 

It will be helpful if there is a person out there using Chiang Mai for a combination method to advise of there experience.

Just to mention that you may first need to show immigration that you have complied with the terms of the previous approval (ie 800k in the bank etc). You must also evidence the 50k pm of income for 12 months........................a sort of double whammy.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

Just to mention that you may first need to show immigration that you have complied with the terms of the previous approval (ie 800k in the bank etc). You must also evidence the 50k p,  im of income for 12 months........................a sort of double whammy.

Ok  I see your point .

I will not be allowing the account to go lower than 800,000 until the application for an extension using the combination method is accepted.

The 50,000 is not difficult to be documented as it is a regular monthly state pension .

Of course one needs to think about fluctuations in the value with exchange rates considered I imagine.

Just now, itsari said:

Ok  I see your point .

I will not be allowing the account to go lower than 800,000 until the application for an extension using the combination method is accepted.

The 50,000 is not difficult to be documented as it is a regular monthly state pension .

Of course one needs to think about fluctuations in the value with exchange rates considered I imagine.

I can't speak for Chiang Mai but you are likely to need 12 months bank statements showing the DWP payment going into a Thai bank account.

You can take the account down to 400k (if you wished) until 2 months before you apply for your next extension.

• Like 1

Just now, hotandsticky said:

I can't speak for Chiang Mai but you are likely to need 12 months bank statements showing the DWP payment going into a Thai bank account.

You can take the account down to 400k (if you wished) until 2 months before you apply for your next extension.

Thank you for your help.

I can organise to show the monthly payments without too much of a problem except the pension money does go into a separate account than the fixed interest account with the same bank.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, itsari said:

Thank you for your help.

I can organise to show the monthly payments without too much of a problem except the pension money does go into a separate account than the fixed interest account with the same bank.

It can be any account, they just want to see it going in every month. 

Just now, hotandsticky said:

It can be any account, they just want to see it going in every month. 

Thank you again.

I think it would be positive for me that I am able to use the money in the way I want than what Thai immigration wants even if I still have to leave say 200,000 baht for them.

18 minutes ago, itsari said:

Ok  I see your point .

You need to contact Imm office directly and ask them so you know exact what they expect and will accept. Anyones advice on here is helpful but may be completely different than your experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Just to mention that you may first need to show immigration that you have complied with the terms of the previous approval (ie 800k in the bank etc). You must also evidence the 50k pm of income for 12 months........................a sort of double whammy.

Not really a double whammy as you need money every month regardless of the method you choose to live on. Only drawback is waiting to get the 800k back from the bank.

23 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not really a double whammy as you need money every month regardless of the method you choose to live on. Only drawback is waiting to get the 800k back from the bank.

Correct , the money arrives each month except not always the same amount received in baht.

28 minutes ago, Dan O said:

You need to contact Imm office directly and ask them so you know exact what they expect and will accept. Anyones advice on here is helpful but may be completely different than your experience.

I appreciate your advice on speaking with the  Chiang Mai immigration yet all the same it is good to learn from other people's experience and have as much understanding of how they operate on the subject of combination extensions.

Thank you for your reply 

1 hour ago, Rob Browder said:

I recall some wanting a minimum of 400K for the "combination method" - when/if they accept combo - but maybe someone using this method from CM can provide office-specific info.

Now I think about it I’m pretty sure you’re correct & you need at least 400K in the Bank & at least 37.5K pm income.