Pit Bull Attacks & Kills 67-Year-Old Woman Cycling in Pathum Thani

Georgealbert

45 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

What always amazes me too is the fact that the people in the neighbourhood know about this problem, yet do nothing about it. Again, the way here of not creating a fuss in case of someone losing face.

So tell, what are you doing about this problem?

Or are you not going to make a fuss?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

IMG_5982.jpeg

Picture from responders.

In a heartbreaking incident in Pathum Thani, a 67-year-old woman was fatally attacked by a Pit Bull while cycling near her home in Chiang Rak Noi, Sam Khok District. The woman, identified as Daeng Thamtanta, was found with severe bite wounds over most of her body. Despite efforts by emergency responders to revive her, she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police and rescue teams responded to the incident at 16:30, following a report from the Sam Khok Police Station. The aggressive dog, named Poikae, reportedly belonged to a nearby resident, Mrs. Kiatkanok Taenla, who kept it with six other dogs. 

Witnesses said they heard the attack and rushed to help. Mrs. Pratheuang Nakpradit, a 76-year-old neighbour , described hearing the sound of dogs fighting and rushed to find Daeng being mauled. Despite attempts to call off the dog, the situation turned tragic.

Mrs. Kiatkanok, the dog's owner, admitted that this was not the first incident involving Poikae, as the Pit Bull had recently bitten other family members, including her 17-year-old daughter. Mrs. Kiatkanok expressed her distress, stating that she could no longer manage the aggressive dog and wished to hand it over to an animal protection group.

Local residents reported that Poikae had attacked several others before, raising concerns about the safety of the neighbourhood.

Authorities are investigating the incident, and the body of the deceased has been sent to the Forensic Science Institute.

IMG_5989.jpeg

Picture courtesy of ThaiRath of the dog that attacked the woman.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-24

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

This Country never ever learn anything from History....More similar Death is coming..No worries....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, watchcat said:

Ah, now you're a dog owner in Thailand, since when?

When I settle into a place I want to breed pit bulls x mastiffs. 
Great dogs, I  think they will be a hit over here.

As well as the bulldogs x <deleted>zus.

Sell  them as Bull<deleted>z. 

1 hour ago, Jerry777 said:

They are illegal in Canada

Canada has some great rules,

It is illegal to pretend to practice witchcraft in Canada.

It is illegal to challenge or accept a challenge to a duel in Canada.

It is illegal to scare the King in Canada.

13 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

When I settle into a place I want to breed pit bulls x mastiffs. 
Great dogs, I  think they will be a hit over here.

As well as the bulldogs x <deleted>zus.

Sell  them as Bull<deleted>z. 

You sound like a sick person, if your not jesting.

12 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Mrs. Kiatkanok, the dog's owner, admitted that this was not the first incident involving Poikae, as the Pit Bull had recently bitten other family members, including her 17-year-old daughter. Mrs. Kiatkanok expressed her distress, stating that she could no longer manage the aggressive dog and wished to hand it over to an animal protection group.

And there we have it.

Poor ownership. Totally incapable of managing or training a dog. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Nice looking dog. I hope they are able to relocate it to a nice home. 

Indeed an innocent and nice looking dog.

However, should be relocated to the 'other world' where it will not harm anyone.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, 2long said:

I tend to disagree.

Soi dogs have their own hierarchy and are not caged and mistreated. They can expend the energy that every dog needs to.

Soi dogs are easy to deal with, by walkers, joggers and cyclists... it can't just be me or my area where this is no problem if you show the right body language. A pitbull is just another dog, and would behave so in a gang of soi dogs. I hope!

As for this sad incident, even as a dog lover and defender, this one needs to be destroyed. The 'owner' needs to be charged with manslaughter and her whole family banned from having dogs in the future. 

I agree, if you walk confidently like you own the place but respecting their boundaries and they leave you alone. Show any sign of fear or "shadiness" they can perceive that.

I used to walk around no problem until my German Shepperd (Big boy maybe 55-60 Kg) got out to walk with me... then every dog would try to challenge him and he would put them in their place  (He's so much bigger and stronger I'm not worried about him). Is impossible to walk with him because all the other dogs come at him aggressively and although he stays with me if you get to close he will bite. But now the Soi dogs associate me with him, so they bark or challenge me, guilty by association.  

There is a huge soi dog problem in Thailand. No owners, pack mentality, and the locals don't care. Introduce dangerous breeds to the pack and accidents are bound to happen.

blame the dog

TBH i blame the wingbut that turned this dog into a weapon, dogs are great family pets but teach them the wrong things early they will lean that way - it can be a loving pet or a lethal monster, it is all about how you deveope the dog, I had a pitbull from a puppy - tried to lick me to death constantly, go figure, 

staffy before that, another gem(socalled dangerous ?the bottom line --) , you can train dogs to  be killers - get them early and you can teach bad habits to any dog, or .................................good

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

BS

Yes, of course, just as there is no such thing as a bad AK47 or weapon of war in the hand of the public... only deranged users.
Sure there are, but try doing the same harm with a Chiwawa, or a related weapon, a bamboo stick....

40 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Are you volunteering?

Any volunteer should commit to exercising a pit bull, and several other breeds, over a 3 mile stretch at least three times a day. Otherwise, don't even think about it.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:
1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Are you volunteering?

I'd like to, but I live nowhere near this area. I live in the mountains of Phetchabun Province. We already have 12 dogs, all strays we've rescued. Also, I don't have the facilities necessary to properly keep this dog.

1 hour ago, rwill said:

Pitbulls were specifically bred for fighting over the years.

Right. 

Different breeds have been bred for different purposes. I have a Malinois, bred for protection, not fighting. She has attacked a few people, but with restraining intent rather than fighting, sometimes intentionally, sometimes accidentally. (She grabs the arm like in many Malinois training videos.)  Although not lethal, she is dangerous and all visitors (I have dozens passing through) must follow a strict introduction protocol.

I never take her outside. The house and front yard are her universe.

Dangerous breeds need to be handled with special care. They should never be released into public places.

As for fighting breeds, they should be banned. 

48 minutes ago, kwak250 said:
1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Are you wanting it?

I would like to own it, but I already have 12 dogs, all strays we've rescued, and I don't have the facilities necessary to keep a dog like this.