Non-O Extension Thai Wife, 8th year - feedback 24/09/24 @Chaengwattana immigration BKK.....

Good morning forum, 

few points from my experience yesterday at Chaengwattana immigration BKK...…

1.      Made an online appointment for 10.30am but since we arrived around 9.40am and the officer was free she took us straightaway. It took 12 minutes from checking everything until getting the consideration stamp from the big boss. It was the quickest ever 😉, all submitted documents were same as previous years. No mention of a home visit( btw I never had one).

2.      Usually, my consideration stamp to return is on the 31 October every year which is the last day of my visa extension, BUT this time I was given the consideration stamp to return on the 16 October (3 weeks and 1 day. Officer confirmed that they have made the one-month consideration period now shorter (no explanation given as to why) ……but my visa extension will still be like other years expiring 31 October.

3.      Parking – as they are now  building a new building “C” the usual parking outside of building “B” in now inaccessible.  Therefore, we parked at the Centara Life Government Complex Hotel, levels 3,4,5 are available for visitors, and then you navigate through to the hotel’s lobby then cross the road before entering building “B” where Chaengwattana immigration BKK is.

Hopefully my post might help others......

Edited by walailak
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for report. Helpful.

Regarding the docs you provided....

Apart from the usual did you provide

TM30 

TM47 

Also what method are you using for the financials money in bank or income method. What did they request for evidence. 

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report. Helpful.

Regarding the docs you provided....

Apart from the usual did you provide

TM30 

TM47 

Also what method are you using for the financials money in bank or income method. What did they request for evidence. 

TM30 was in my documents bundle, as for the TM47 is always staple at the back of my passport, she just took a glance but didn't remove it. 

As for the 400,000 thb, I use the money in the bank method. For the second consecutive year I use my SCB EZ Savings Account which hasn't got a physical bankbook but SCB provides the letter and a 3 months statement for a service fee of 200 baht. Since there isn't a SCB branch at Chaengwattana anymore I get it at another branch on the way. 

Need to go back on the 16 October to get the full one year stamp ✌️

Edited by walailak
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, walailak said:

3.      Parking – as they are now  building a new building “C” the usual parking outside of building “B” in now inaccessible.  Therefore, we parked at the Centara Life Government Complex Hotel, levels 3,4,5 are available for visitors, and then you navigate through to the hotel’s lobby then cross the road before entering building “B” where Chaengwattana immigration BKK is.

Hopefully my post might help others......

Damn, a day late, that would have been useful car parking advice. I am at CW now for a 90 day report (my online one was rejected as first one needs to be in person). Had a nightmare parking, the multistory near building B was jammed. I ended up parking in the (near empty) multistory next to building A and took a motorbike to building B.

Got my Q ticket at 9.40am, 114 people in front of me.

Now 12.30pm, waiting for their lunch to finish and there are still 20 people in front of me.  So it is going to be at least a four hour exercise just to tell them I haven't moved house in the last 90 days. Oh well. I think if I have to do this again I'll just come in the afternoon.

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Thank you. I didn't realise you could do this for 90 day reports, very useful!

Free tip: if you ever need a COR (for which you cannot make an appointment) ....if your window is open for 90 report then make an appointment for that and same io same desk will process your COR application.