Paradise, anyone?

swissie

After a rather unpleasant life on earth (for most people, especially having lived in a third world country), major Religions offer a better life after death. Commonly known as "paradise".

What should "paradise" be, according to your wishes, so that you would really feel unconditionally good in paradise? What would make "paradise" better than your life on earth?
Hamburgers for free? Free lodging? 72 female virgins awaiting your arrival? Talking to God over a cup of coffee?

Come on, what should paradise look like according to your wishes and hopes?

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

No women over 45.

No old people generally. No ugly people whatsoever.

Orgies all over the place, 24-7

Everybody speaks Korean.

I am certain that more input will be forthcoming, as this concerns everybody including my Gold-Hamster. I am sure, more spritual "insights" must follow.

If not: Where do I sighn up considering your vision of "paradise"? Quite tempting!

Especially as I speak Korean fluently.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Afraid that this would turn into a "afterlife" discussion. Please not.

The question remains: "What sort of paradise would suit you best"?

A serious question, as the 2 main religions promess a "paradise" after death.

In what sort of paradise would you like to end up?

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, swissie said:

a place where peace reigns. 

2 hours ago, Keeps said:

Was there life before we were born into this life? Does anyone remember anything of their time before being born? No.

It will be exactly the same when we die. Nothing. 

This is not a dress rehearsal for another life. This is it. So enjoy it while you can and give it your best shot. 

Nothing to say on topic then?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Cameroni said:

No women over 45.

No old people generally. No ugly people whatsoever.

Orgies all over the place, 24-7

Everybody speaks Korean.

45?

It's a wish list so why not 25?

I forgot to add to my list that marriage would be banned.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

can see my knees without bending over, and weigh the same as I did in 1997.

don't laugh but 

i graduated high school only a few years before that....and i still wear the same size pants. :)

• Haha 1

No pain, sorrow, depression or narcissism. Being able to eat whatever you want. We are supposed to be given a young body, so there will be no bad talk about others. We will all have a mansion, so jealousy will be gone, as well as greed. Being able to fish and hunt within walking distance of my mansion. All the animals I had back again. Being able to be around all of my family and friends. Talking to God about all of what came before. All the music you would want, of course no violent or sexual lyrics, as sex wouldn't be a part of it, procreation not necessary. Everyone, including past wives and girlfriends, all friends without jealousy from the sexual part.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some people inherit good genes. I inherited my mother's genes. She was from a family of fatties.

Genetics don't make you fat. They only predispose you for that possibility, as do those with a fast metabolism that end up fat. It's all about what you eat.My dad was in good shape into his 40's, then started to get fatter, and ended up with a belly. I've never had much excess fat all my life because I've always eaten healthy and exercised , and was ripped from age 18 to 60. Now I have a litttle extra but still abs because I haven't been able to work out as much with weights, gym far away.

Edited by fredwiggy

4 hours ago, Keeps said:

Was there life before we were born into this life? Does anyone remember anything of their time before being born? No.

It will be exactly the same when we die. Nothing. 

This is not a dress rehearsal for another life. This is it. So enjoy it while you can and give it your best shot. 

Just because you dont remember it doesn't mean it doesnt exist. 

The theories of karma suggest there is something before and after. 

4 hours ago, swissie said:

Happiness would be reuniting with every cat and dog that was a part of my life, with them being able to communicate with me. We would then carry on in happiness.  A return to my peak intellectual and physical era and being able to enjoy it all over again with my friends would be nice too.

Unfortunately, none of this will occur. Instead, my body will be placed deep in the ground  where it will soon rot and decay to be transformed into organic material. As that occurs, the world will have forgotten me as a human being just as the great statesmen of centuries past are forgotten today.

I don't know, and it is difficult.

It seems being rich and having everything doesn't make us happy.

Just hanging around eating and drinking and fu$#$# might be exiting for some time. But all the time year after year?

It seems we humans need challenges. And when we "work hard" and have smart ideas and we have good results, that makes us happy. And if we fail and try again that also helps.

I guess if we all could have our individual paradise, which we can change anytime if we feel like it, that could be interesting.

But if it would be a shared paradise with the same people, how would that work? No jealousy anymore? How about if we like one of the wives of the neighbor? Will he tell us, go ahead, do what you want, and bring her back tomorrow morning? Or is it possible that he wouldn't like our idea and be angry?

charlie-sheen-lil-pump32.jpg?quality=75&

@steven100

Can't remember, stayed a few days every now and then some 30 years ago. One time with my family around Yulefest, the local mascot/drunk, "Bo", came to our table to give a gift to my little Vietnamese girl. The sense of community, and welcome, was almost overwhelming.

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about if we like one of the wives of the neighbor? Will he tell us, go ahead, do what you want, and bring her back tomorrow morning? Or is it possible that he wouldn't like our idea and be angry?

Of course, and if your neighbour's wife likes you she comes over for a spot of rogering. It's only sex, not true love.

It's paradise, no one gets angry.

Of course in my paradise no one gets married. Dumb idea.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

t seems being rich and having everything doesn't make us happy.

Just hanging around eating and drinking and fu$#$# might be exiting for some time. But all the time year after year?

We all have a billion $ in the bank.

Humans need work, or a challenge in life, so we all work, but work is what we want to do, not some boring factory job just to make money. I'd be a photographer and a writer.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We all have a billion $ in the bank.

Humans need work, or a challenge in life, so we all work, but work is what we want to do, not some boring factory job just to make money. I'd be a photographer and a writer.

I've never liked work ...... and I always had the most desirable employment.

Just don't want to answer to anyone, or have to do anything in a given time.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Genetics don't make you fat. They only predispose you for that possibility, as do those with a fast metabolism that end up fat. It's all about what you eat.My dad was in good shape into his 40's, then started to get fatter, and ended up with a belly. I've never had much excess fat all my life because I've always eaten healthy and exercised , and was ripped from age 18 to 60. Now I have a litttle extra but still abs because I haven't been able to work out as much with weights, gym far away.

I eat whatever I want, mostly junk food, currently 73kg & 6' tall.

Wish I weighed a bit more, but impossible.

Just now, BritManToo said:

I eat whatever I want, mostly junk food, currently 73kg & 6' tall.

Wish I weighed a bit more, but impossible.

Some can get away with eating like this and not gain weight, although the health might be affected. Genetics saves quite a few from diseases but not always forever. Gaining weight is only possible through weight training if eating all you want doesn't do it. Most people that eat a lot of junk food will get fat.