How many here on the Farang Pub hope to die in Thailand?

Dear Folks,

If you are like me, then you will have probably given this question much thought in recent years.

Where do you hope to die?

For me, it's a no-brainer....Thailand is where I hope to die.

I am not saying that I often think of dying.

I am only saying that I love Thailand so much that I hope to die here.

Also, I am not so young that I want to travel around the world, just looking for some other place to die.

Thailand, after over a decade of non-stop life here, without leaving, is still the place to die....for me.

There are very few better places to die.

And, dying here has the potential to provide reincarnation, as well.

Here in Thailand, we can enjoy a much more laid-back dying experience.

Death, here in Thailand, is far less to be feared, unlike some places, where they try to keep you alive....until...

The very bitter end, which is always a bitter experience, or so I have been told.

I think that guys like me are lucky to be in Thailand, waiting to die here, when the time is ripe.

I will not be sorry to never return to my home country, or to....  The Main Line......

Death on the Main Line would be far less cheerful, IMHO.

Here in Thailand, I find the prospect of dying far less distasteful.....

What about you?

Are you, as I, equally hopeful of dying in Thailand?

No.

I am not saying that this must happen tomorrow.

And, I expect to die here in Thailand.....maybe.....

In the year 2062....

A year, I predict, will be 1.5 degrees C...hotter than now.

Any good thoughts about dying?

Best regards,

Gamma

• Sad 1

Back home in the US. And people don't reincarnate, no matter where you die. You get one chance to make things right. Life isn't as precious here as in the west, so fear doesn't come into play as much.

If I just die, I do not care, and hopefully I die with my boots on.

I want to die the place where it is less complications, and that will be my orign country, not Thailand.

My ashes can be spread in the sea

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Thailand, after over a decade of non-stop life here, without leaving, is still the place to die....for me.

Thought you disappeared to Japan for a stint? Anyway, one minute you're talking about buying made-in-Japan air-cons, the next dying. Make up your mind, dude!

It may sound easier here--certainly not for loved ones where temple affairs can go on for days--but they do also try to keep people alive you know. What is perceived to be easier here is the general Buddhist outlook on life, that there will be others until one gets it right and/or one reaches nirvana. However, is that all based on fact or opinion? Best to do one's best in this one methinks in case this is your only shot.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

If I just die, I do not care, and hopefully I die with my boots on.

I want to die the place where it is less complications, and that will be my orign country, not Thailand.

My ashes can be spread in the sea

I thought you lived in Thailand,

are you planning on getting your body sent back to your origin Country?

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

I thought you lived in Thailand,

are you planning on getting your body sent back to your origin Country?

I moved back this April, now only visiting. I have not cut my ties to my home country, so I can choose, and we will make a new base back home so my wife get her dual citizenship and retirement. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

want to die the place where it is less complications, and that will be my orign country, not Thailand.

How can you be sure of that?

Edited by KannikaP

17 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

How can you be sure of that?

I believe is maybe a better word, you do not know for sure, but still maybe 30 - 40 years away if I reach the family standard. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's a given, as I have no intention of leaving, or sitting on a plane internationally.   Unless I take the Orient Express to somewhere, I'm crappin' out here.

Actually saw it buzz by the park one day.  Since running late, as scheduled to pass by at night time.