Fatal Dog Attacks in Thailand Prompt Legal Reevaluation

There is a very simple solution to this problem a dog attacks a human being and causes significant injury or death, and he gets put down within 24 hours, without the possibility of any type of appeal. And the owner of the animal is responsible for paying a one million baht fine, to the injured party. 

aggressive-dog-barking-with-bared-teeth-png.png

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kinok Farang said:

No such thing as a bad dog,just bad owners.

I have had a pitbull since he was a pup and he's only bitten me 5 or 6 times.Each time it was my fault.

I agree with your first sentence 

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

Laws on this issue can be made stricter but, as with all laws in Thailand, and many other countries, will not be enforced. 

6 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Drive me around in the back of a pickup with a 12 gauge. And I'll take care of the dog problem

Edited by Thingamabob
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Drive me around in the back of a pickup with a 12 gauge. And I'll take care of the dog problem.

I'll think about it. Thanks for the offer.

Edited by watchcat
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Now I understand why there are thousands of them.

Millions of them you mean, if they can't even have dogs that have killed put down what can they do? They collected strays off out estate a few years ago. When I asked what they did with them they answer was they took them a few kilometers down the road- and released them! 

44 minutes ago, steven100 said:

what laws     ... dogs free to roam around chasing kids and biting people.  Owners having savage dogs outside attacking others with a dog on a leash.  

they do nothing about it .... their thinking is illogical, uneducated and downright stupid. They really are backward ...    

Idiots compassion 

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Drive me around in the back of a pickup with a 12 gauge. And I'll take care of the dog problem.

You'd be crying in a ditch somewhere within an hour, tough guy. 😃

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

These recent tragedies underscore the urgent need for stricter enforcement of existing laws and possibly new regulations to enhance public safety. While Thailand’s legal landscape provides a framework for addressing dog attacks, effective implementation and increased public awareness are crucial for preventing further incidents.

It's a no brainer.

1) Stray dogs, collect and destroy, pests.

2) Dog attacks, collect and destroy, if owner identified, sue for damages

3) Chip each and every dog

4) Each and every dog must be registered with local council, recording owners details.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

All dogs need to be supervised properly and taken care of properly, irrespective of breed.

A wandering soi mutt can cause a car to swerve into an oncoming family on a motorbike, just as a "PitBull" can. 

The problem is not the breed, it is irresponsible owners letting dogs roam free. 

The nanny state types can forget about this problem disappearing though. If they want that type of thing they are better off moving back to the West than coming here and complaining about Thailand. 

To all the dog haters, here's a pic of my Pibble to brighten your day. He sends his love. :emot-kiss:

image.png.deb4d3a7991da892b6503cf13381e21d.png 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So what? You just admitted you pitbull has bitten 5 or 6 times. Proof that he bites.

I think you missed the "joke".

He's a PitBull hater pretending to be an owner. In other words, he is trolling.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1