Rapid Greening of Antarctica: Scientists Alarmed by Climate Change Impact

Social Media

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Looking at the WaPo data, and understanding the woefully compacted timescale reminds me of a ScAm article I read on a flight to China in the early 2000's.  Their research at the time indicated that the earth was headed into another ice age before agriculture turned that around 2500 years ago.  Seems like global warming kept us out of an ice age.

Looking at the WaPo graph, it's obvious that climate has changed many times before industrialization.  And blaming it on CO2 from industry is just a temporal correlation.  The very CO2 that makes modern life possible.  Otherwise, billions of us would be freezing in the dark.

BTW, ScAm is my new name for Scientific American, since they (for the first time in their 175 year history) came out and endorsed a candidate.  That was basement candidate Biden.  So much for their scientific powers of deduction, and their credibility.

You read no such thing in the 2000's. Unless you were reading from papers published in the 70's. Back then, there were a few papers published by climatologists, which was a new science then, that postulated the earth might be cooling. But even back then. the majority of papers favored warming.

THE MYTH OF THE 1970s GLOBAL COOLING SCIENTIFIC CONSENSUS

An enduring popular myth suggests that in the 1970s the climate science community was predicting “global cooling” and an “imminent” ice age, an observation frequently used by those who would undermine what climate scientists say today about the prospect of global warming. A review of the literature suggests that, on the contrary, greenhouse warming even then dominated scientists' thinking as being one of the most important forces shaping Earth's climate on human time scales. More importantly than showing the falsehood of the myth, this review describes how scientists of the time built the foundation on which the cohesive enterprise of modern climate science now rests.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/journals/bams/89/9/2008bams2370_1.xml

If you're looking for a scam, try looking closer to home.

9 hours ago, impulse said:

Are you claiming that strawberries and apples are a bad thing?

Meanwhile WaPo said the quiet part out loud:

WaPoClimateHoax.jpg.d10e2c58112ca7cf51c39348d078b15f.jpg

Climate change has been going on for billions of years, long before industry.  So I hope you don't mind if I object to fraudsters asking for my money to fix the billion year old process.

Brilliantly researched!

A post with an altered quote into another language has been removed, please don't do that as it is against forum rules.

@Adam Tomaszewski

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.