Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Social Media

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

First step towards cutting off social security for expats.

I wouldn't object to that. It would also pave the way to make it so you cant vote if you 'don't  live in the USA. As you no longer face taxation without representation. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

First step towards cutting off social security for expats.

There are a lot of people who would gladly forego social security in favor of a self-directed investment.  Remember that SS takes 15% of your pay for your entire career (with limits if you make a bundle).  Disciplined investors could do a lot better in the market if they invested that 15% themselves.  The key word there being "disciplined".

He won't take SS away from anyone who has contributed.  That's a different bucket from income taxes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mdr224 said:

Kamala will announce this as her policy too next week

Harris has been very clear on this. In fact she couldn't have been more clear.

When asked she replied "well let me start by saying that when I was child, living in my little middle class neighbourhood, my parents also paid tax". 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Tug said:

Ahhh trump PROMISE that’s worth a fart in the wind…..might get some of the Uber wealthy excited skip on there taxes leaving the burden on regular folks.

I know.  Harris's promise of higher taxes is about the only promise she will keep, along with limiting free speech, take away our guns, telling us what kind of car we must buy.  You know all the Marxist things.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Indian, black or caucasian?

Mixed race I guess would be the designation. That bother you also? Hopefully Kamala's Presidency will lead America to a kinder and gentler place even before the racist boomers die off. 

The guy is getting desperate. First off the presidents job is not to write laws. Second, it would never pass the house nor senate. In typical Trump fashion, he doesn’t care about the future nor the national debt. He will lie about anything to get his angry mob excited and then revert back to helping rich people and trade US connections in office to get more Trump hotels and golf courses built overseas. When he looses he will just sell more Trump bibles, watches and sneakers. Typical snake oil salesman. 

Edited by Taco
  • Agree 2