All the hotel apps fleecing

georgegeorgia

I have worked out despite spending hours on the Agoda and trip and booking apps etc today to book a hotel for tonight that at the end of the day they are all the same price 

Some don't add the taxes to the end so you think your 300 baht cheaper in Agoda only to find it's the same price as booking . Com

but Trip .com does a price match ,terms & conditions you must notify them the DAY BEFORE to get your price difference in their reward coins not the day you found the price difference!!!

I really can't see any reason to sit on these apps for hours and please in reality may I ask a "hotel expert" if they can score lower prices on these apps ?

Airbnb let's talk about this ,all seem to be the same price as a hotel unless your booking long term.

I need a hotel in Pattaya that has a good gym and under 2k a night 

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I have worked out despite spending hours on the Agoda and trip and booking apps etc today to book a hotel for tonight that at the end of the day they are all the same price 

Some don't add the taxes to the end so you think your 300 baht cheaper in Agoda only to find it's the same price as booking . Com

but Trip .com does a price match ,terms & conditions you must notify them the DAY BEFORE to get your price difference in their reward coins not the day you found the price difference!!!

I really can't see any reason to sit on these apps for hours and please in reality may I ask a "hotel expert" if they can score lower prices on these apps ?

Airbnb let's talk about this ,all seem to be the same price as a hotel unless your booking long term.

Phone the hotels direct and see what they offer......we always do.....quite often it is cheaper.

I guess many apps just use the fact that many people can't multiply and add a few numbers or are too lazy to do it - because the computer of the supplier did that already.

Unfortunately, it seems they get away with this.

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Unfortunately I was detained for 6 weeks last visit in the View talay 2B 

Stop telling porkies!  You booked that condo sight unseen and then prepaid your stay. Upon arrival you did not like it but were too cheap to move. Sounds like the same thing is going on now. Oh tell us again how your PAL business class flight turned out. 🙃

Edited by marin
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, marin said:

Stop telling porkies!  You booked that condo sight unseen and then prepaid your stay. Upon arrival you did not like it but were too cheap to move. Sounds like the same thing is going on now. On tell us again how your PAL business class flight turned out. 🙃

It actually turned out well because I got a lie down seat by the window,mind you I paid double than an economy 

Th e only negative was the stop over in Manila for 2 hours 

Can I stay at your house in Pattaya Marin ????? 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Even though you are on ignore, I'll help you out on this occasion. 

Try PRS Hotel & Fitness club. You may find for under 1000 baht.

17 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Even though you are on ignore, I'll help you out on this occasion. 

Try PRS Hotel & Fitness club. You may find for under 1000 baht.

Try the local park bench club. You may find for next to nothing. 

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

Try the local park bench club. You may find for next to nothing. 

Why are you quoting me? Have you not mastered replying to the person whom you wish to address?

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Ouch! That will be really hard. Can´t understand why you go out and ask such outrageous things. Everyone knows that you have to pay minimum 4k per night. 

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

I was told that Agoda and Booking.com are basically the same company - part of the same group?

Just more choices on Booking.com

And booking.com is part of Expedia.

17 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I am currently staying in a 4 star hotel for 420 Baht a night 

I stayed at '5 Star' Hotel in Istanbul once - what a shyite hole... 

Airline bumped me... a lot of messing around, ultimately bussed to a hotel. 

Lots of out right lying from the Turkish Airlines staff - bare face lies - I accused him to his face of lying...

When I asked what standard of hotel we are going to be put into - his response was very clear... 

"Five Star Hotel".....  If only I'd have known.

Tired and exhausted through all the BS'ing and messing about... the bus pulled up at 5am at a hotel called '5 Star Hotel'....    it was a 2 start at best... 

3 minutes ago, proton said:

Quick 15 booked in the last hour 8 looking now only one room left at this price, rarely seen rate. Lying bastards, we always phone the Hotel

I stayed in a hotel just after Covid and booked it   online on a booking website and they also said only 2 rooms left , book now , 8 people looking at this advertetc .

When I arrived at the hotel they asked which room I wanted and that I could choose any room that I like as I was the only person staying in the hotel .