Poll: One-Third of Thais ‘Very Angry’ if Handout is Cancelled

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The handout, aimed at boosting economic activity, is set to deliver 10,000 baht in digital money to eligible participants. However, the uncertainty surrounding its continuation has stirred mixed emotions among the public.

Well, the politicians pasted that vote-buying gimmick on all of their road-side campaign posters.
"Vote For Me And My Party And If We Win We'll Give You Lotsa Money Directly From The Thai Treasury."

Now, lying is part and parcel of being a politician so the commoners fully expect to be rewarded for their votes.  And should the Shinawatra's and their friends renege on those promises - well?  That ploy will never work again and they can probably expect to be kicked out of power in the next election - well - unless the Army decides to run the country for awhile again.

• Like 2

I think the bigger issue is that this was changed dozens of times.

Who gets money?

How?

For what?

When?

If this would be a real thing, then all these questions would have been answered before this was approved.

Now, as far as I know, the money is already budgeted, but they still don't know who will get it when and how.

To me, this looks like an untransparent scam - Thaksin style.

I hope people will stay angry until the next election.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a little angry as if given to some, give to us all. 

I'm not surprised. 

BTW, the PM was a student when I helped start the English Program at St Joseph's Convent in 1996/7. Her English has improved a lot! 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'm a little angry as if given to some, give to us all. 

I'm not surprised. 

BTW, the PM was a student when I helped start the English Program at St Joseph's Convent in 1996/7. Her English has improved a lot! 

Do you recall Sister Erlinda?

22 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So, in the Poll of 2000 people, 56.9% were eligible = 1138, of which 41.5% were angry = 473.

Where does the one third come from?

read the post  revealed that more than a third  and do you expect news  articles to be 100% in Thailand think you are dreaming

Edited by MikeandDow

28 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

read the post  revealed that more than a third  and do you expect news  articles to be 100% in Thailand think you are dreaming

Poll: One-Third of Thais ‘Very Angry’ if Handout is Cancelled