Too much rain?

GypsyT

9 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

I've been checking and looks like it's been raining all the time! Unusual to me.

Last year we got only a week light rain during October/November on Jomtien.

I use the best (Norwegian) source:

It's hardly rained at all this wet season. Maybe 1-2 days a week for a few hours and that's it.

47 minutes ago, pomchop said:

I just can't quite wrap my head around how such a totally incompetent government has managed to accomplish this miracle of all miracles and how so many previously semi sane people believe it.

Did they?

Why can't they shoot down these?

Mystery Drones Swarmed a U.S. Military Base for 17 Days. ...

They should enlist Hill Billies from Atlanta, Georgia.

1996 Olympics they got half of pigeons on first group shot...

5 hours ago, johng said:

This year is simply returning to more "normality"...not the new normal they would have liked to impose on everything/one 😋

Seems pretty normal to me, slightly delayed if anything.

I've been here long enough to remember some really wet Novembers as well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, GypsyT said:

I've been checking and looks like it's been raining all the time! Unusual to me.

I use the best (Norwegian) source;

https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-1614295/Thailand/Chon Buri/Bang Lamung/Pattaya

I have been in Thailand quite a number of years and this amount of rain is how I remember it always was many years ago.....less rain being more a thing in recent years. Not ridden my motorcycle with my feet up for a while!

• Like 2

On 10/16/2024 at 8:52 AM, GypsyT said:

https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-1614295/Thailand/Chon Buri/Bang Lamung/Pattaya

Lol! I am Norwegian and had no idea this one had weather forecast from Thailand! Thanks! 😄😆

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have been in Thailand quite a number of years and this amount of rain is how I remember it always was many years ago.....less rain being more a thing in recent years. Not ridden my motorcycle with my feet up for a while!

LOL! Remember 2011? I was on a  MC trip to Krabi and Koh Samui from Nakhon Ratchasima. I did not know it could rain that much. I was sure the bike would "drown" at times! 

Ended up nearly a month on Koh Samui waiting for the water levels to drop so I could pass Bangkok on my way north! I went through areas where only the road was above water and I could see the top of houses and trees sticking out of the "ocean" around me! Twisted and bent roads due to water damages. I will never again go touring in the monsoon season!!! 😆😆But that year it was really special. 

• Agree 2

I keep getting “ heavy rain” warnings from the Thai meteorology service which here in Samut Prakan seem pretty much to never materialize. There has been enough to not have to water our ornamentals very often, but nothing needing warnings.

We have seen footage of local flooding in Bkk, but pretty much avoid the city these days.

1 hour ago, harryviking said:

Lol! I am Norwegian and had no idea this one had weather forecast from Thailand! Thanks! 😄😆

They have. Part of ECMWF:

https://www.ecmwf.int/

(best forecast from my experience)

Go through:

https://meteologix.com/th

Today weather forecast is about who runs the biggest supercomputer.

Who has the most dense network of weather stations.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 10/16/2024 at 1:52 PM, GypsyT said:

Yesd and if you recall, most of the dams and reservoirs plus some rivers dried up entirely due to "drought" conditions which reversed itself even more so this rainy season.  I recall the Thai weather bureau predicting that early on this rainy season, rains would be very light (turned out false) but during Aug heavier rains could be expected (correct for sure) and it has continued since then.  I note on a daily basis for the past couple of weeks, the predictions for rain to stop and temps to drop are extended on a daily basis to the next day.  But if one looks around the world, every day are more videos of extended and historic flooding with heavy rainfall.

On 10/16/2024 at 2:28 PM, pomchop said:

Have't you heard?  The government controls the weather and can direct storms at those areas they don't like.  They can shoot space lasers and cause hurricanes, tornados, tidal waves, earthquakes, floods and droughts.

How do I know all this?  Why it was on the internet so it must be true. 

I just can't quite wrap my head around how such a totally incompetent government has managed to accomplish this miracle of all miracles and how so many previously semi sane people believe it.

Now let's watch for the results of the solar maximum events resulting is screwing up the GPS and other electronic communications ... then the accusation that this too is being controlled by, "the enemies within".

We've been getting plenty of rain in my area of the Darkside--especially late afternoons and several in the middle of the night.  Nice to get to skip watering the garden on the days it rains.

50 minutes ago, newnative said:

We've been getting plenty of rain in my area of the Darkside--especially late afternoons and several in the middle of the night.  Nice to get to skip watering the garden on the days it rains.

Reckon you'll be happy again today, seems to be some heading your way now...

image.png.972288fc3d95c66f157aa166af970831.png