Be warned about Lazada's new silly rule

CallumWK

3 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

These are not new rules! Obviously you are one of those optimists who ignores the small print in the terms and conditions. Don't blame Lazada for that.:coffee1:

You mean 18 September 2024 was years ago? NEXT

image.png.1d1c7254a83c93164624c0164bd438d9.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I noticed one seller selling for B23K no soundbar but no option for delivery by seller own fleet

for delicate items I prefer using seller own fleet

My new order is 23,290 with delivery seller own fleet.  Seller S.Electric.

This TV is sitting atop a credenza in the kitchen with HiFi speakers either side of it, the headphone jack will plug into the amplifier Aux input so the last thing I want is another soundbar.  I have an LG soundbar in the cupboard for the last 5 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amazing actually how many members with a chip on their shoulder, who are here to argue and ridicule the OP and some others, who actually only apply with Lazada's OWN terms and conditions, and now have WARNED about a significant change.

image.png.b795646784b2c66fc8912203d85f7033.pngimage.png.30f02a9bdf0a4c0c77f1ec1bc5331cbe.png

23 hours ago, CallumWK said:

I placed an order on Lazada, and just minutes later I found the same item cheaper elsewhere. So since it only a few minutes had passed and the order obviously hadn't been processed yet, I decided to cancel.

Strange enough, the cancel tab was greyed out.

I clicked on the cancellation policy link, and that clearly said that if the order isn't packed yet, which is the case, it can be cancelled.

image.png.66be9af86d5f95502bf39cf2bd8f6a7e.png

https://helpcenter.lazada.co.th/s/faq/knowledge?&language=en-US&m_station=BuyerHelp&questionId=1000138733&hybrid=1&categoryId=1000027159

image.png.fa741a5c6b46b35330fbef326df1d286.png

So I decided to contact support, and then I got this, which actually means no orders at all can be cancelled anymore, because with every order a promotion of some kind is applied, even if it is only 1 baht discount.

image.png.f0c595adcc07d001f0d2a8d349a19721.png

I also spoke with support, and in their email response they made clear they were unwilling to cancel the UNPACKED order, which leaves me the only option which is to reject the delivery.

All fine and well, but of course rejection of COD orders will be noted on your profile, and they may remove the COD option for you in the future because of this.

I hadn't ordered anything from Lazada for over 8 months because of their silly rules and policies, and switched to Shopee because they are not only cheaper on most products I'm interested in, but they are also easier to deal with.

Result is that I now also will reject the other 3 others I placed with this seller, and which are shipped already, and Lazada now definitely will see the backside of me.

Good luck with them forcing themselves on customers.

Well, it's your decision. Try Temu, if you're looking for the cheapest items or buy in a local shop. I can't see any problems here

I suspect if farang keep messing up orders on theses sites they will become more stringent for everyone.

Could it be that we'll see no cancellation options in the future because of these costs incurred due to expats changing their mind on items. ?   so we'll all be penalized. 

12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I suspect if farang keep messing up orders on theses sites they will become more stringent for everyone.

Could it be that we'll see no cancellation options in the future because of these costs incurred due to expats changing their mind on items. ?   so we'll all be penalized. 

Nobody is messing things up, it is in their own terms and conditions, and make a wild guess why it is in there.

Short answer, because it is the LAW

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I think foreigners are in the huge minority. It won’t be us causing changing policy.

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If you have Netflix you'll be happy to hear Google TV allows you to search and watch Netflix using voice commands. For example, OK Google play Aliens, will play the movie right away.

Same with my Amazon Firestick.

22 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Obviously others don't think the same, as can be seen in @JBChiangRai post. You gonna tell him also he f*cked up?

I wanted to cancel an order I made just SECONDS earlier, because I found it cheaper elsewhere, not because I made a mistake.

so, you still haven't said how much lower the price was for you to decide to be a spiteful arse to the seller.

my guessing is 200THB

23 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

Ok , never looked that far.

Just thought it was one more thread about bashing Lazada.

Lazada deserve all the bashing they get as they seem to have no control over their crooked sellers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

so, you still haven't said how much lower the price was for you to decide to be a spiteful arse to the seller.

my guessing is 200THB

My guess it is none of your business, and the point of the OP was to warn others about the change in the terms and conditions

• Love It 1

I've used Lazada for year and always managed to refunded what I wanted to refund. It was mostly fakes. I know now how to not buy fakes.

Anyways, this is what I always do:

1. If I need to refund, do it before it's packed.

2. Buy with credit card, in case I get a fake and Lazada refuses to take a return, I can use the bank to dispute it (I never did with Lazada, but it's easy to do so if ever needed)

3. Search on Lazada is so bad, so I usually search while logged out, so that they dont shove their "tailored" search to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CallumWK said:

I wonder which part of Lazada's own terms and conditions you don't agree with

image.png.67f7183af233ab33124412a4ba98802b.png

I agree with all of it, your point is?

though I do wonder what part of my post you are answering? 

2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

my guessing is 200THB

I'm guessing he didn't buy on the monthly sale day, so the price would be 38kbht instead of 23kbht.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, sungod said:

I agree with all of it, your point is?

though I do wonder what part of my post you are answering? 

If you don't know what you are posting, then maybe it's time to take a rest.

image.png.f1a68c562eceb46be9aa631ec839bfbc.png

Lazada gives the option to their customers to cancel an order, even if it is for changing their mind, so what is your problem with me just exercising the option Lazada offers me?

Does Banana IT offers the same option?

image.png.d8c2161a989b89f731b7bb168cb511af.png

Edited by CallumWK

Just now, BritManToo said:

Banana IT sells on Lazada so the answer is yes (if ordered via Lazada).

I believe the poster had in mind buying in the brick and mortars shop of Banana, and to be clear, it was just his chip on his shoulder itching that made him post that silly comment

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

If you don't know what you are posting, then maybe it's time to take a rest.

image.png.f1a68c562eceb46be9aa631ec839bfbc.png

Lazada gives the option to their customers to cancel an order, even if it is for changing their mind, so what is your problem with me just exercising the option Lazada offers me?

Does Banana IT offers the same option?

image.png.d8c2161a989b89f731b7bb168cb511af.png

stop being petulant and getting your knickers in a twist

Edited by sungod

3 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

I believe the poster had in mind buying in the brick and mortars shop of Banana, and to be clear, it was just his chip on his shoulder itching that made him post that silly comment

No chip on my shoulder, I never messed up.

Stop crying, no one is buying it.

3 minutes ago, sungod said:

Everyone has said you screwed up for not doing proper research and now you want the vendor to correct your wrong.

Take it on the chin, learn from it and above all stop being petulant.

I didn't mess up anything, I just changed my mind, something Lazada allows me.

And maybe it's just you that thinks I screwed up, because the chip on your shoulder, because I don't see everyone agreeing with your silly comment.

image.png.ec026f32880454490b29330d6f0c2d5b.png

• Sad 1

I had something similar with HomePro - ordered something for home delivery, then realised we were going to be away.... So wanted to change delivery options from 'home delivery' to in-store pickup.

I was unable to change delivery options so was forced to cancel the order, then re-order exactly the same item with in-store pickup. 

... my point here, is sometimes we are 'digitally' locked in which counters common sense.

Im your case of the Op (CallumWK), you have seen the item elsewhere and it makes sense that you should be able to cancel the order within a certain 'reasonable' time-frame...    But, there is no digital recourse for that - thats not your fault. 

Also, others are suggesting its your own fault for ordering - but people should be able to cancel their order for any reason they want (within a reasonable time frame) - so those who are blaming you are doing so with a significant step away from a 'customer service perspective'.... 

The option below proposed by KannikaP is the obvious and most simple solution - accept delivery, then instigate a return. 

On 10/17/2024 at 1:21 PM, KannikaP said:

Why not accept the order, and immediately apply for a refund because it does not suit you or whatever, and they come pick it up. COD goes to your Wallet, card payment goes back to your card. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Im your case of the Op (CallumWK), you have seen the item elsewhere and it makes sense that you should be able to cancel the order within a certain 'reasonable' time-frame...    But, there is no digital recourse for that - thats not your fault. 

Also, others are suggesting its your own fault for ordering - but people should be able to cancel their order for any reason they want (within a reasonable time frame) - so those who are blaming you are doing so with a significant step away from a 'customer service perspective'.... 

Thanks, I ordered after midnight, and canceled just a few minutes later, so in fact the seller most likely wasn't even aware of the order, much less had packed it yet.

In fact the order only got packed about 48 hours after I placed, and tried to cancel, the order.

3 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

because I don't see everyone agreeing with your silly comment.

Turning it into a popularity contest now are we?

I'll play the same game then- Go back to page 1.  Plenty have made the same comment.

• Like 1

The ONLY order that CAN NOT be canceled before its packed that I know of is if your ordering through one of their Bundle discount deals.......

I just canceled 2 orders yesterday before they were packed.......So I know you can still cancel with no problem....

12 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The ONLY order that CAN NOT be canceled before its packed that I know of is if your ordering through one of their Bundle discount deals.......

The reason why my order couldn't be cancelled , although it wasn't packed yet, was explained in the OP

image.png.94aa40285a3b93873344ac23cf3ebd5c.png

12 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I just canceled 2 orders yesterday before they were packed.

Now just wait for the holier than thou to slag you off for canceling an order, for which you of course were fully within your rights

Edited by CallumWK
  • Agree 1