Sick and tired

still kicking

42 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Correct, I just watched a podcast from Mark Faber, it appears that neither Trump or Harris consider the US debt to be a problem, they know it is but there is nothing, from a political standpoint, that they can do. Who would vote for a party that says taxes have to be raised, social programs have to be reduced, pensions for government employees have to be reduced by 30%. Far better to just keep printing knowing that the BRICS hammer will smash the dollar in 3 to 5 years. Already Asian countries are storing massive amounts of gold and selling dollar debt because they know that it's unsustainable for the US to pay a trillion dollar interest on its debt per year, payments which require even more printing, this stops any effort to rejuvenate the failing infrastructure. I had to laugh when he described the two candidates as the dumb one and the communist without naming names. It doesn't matter who wins, the West is f***ed.

Nobody trusts gold from China. It's all fake tungsten filled bars. They're selling themselves fake gold.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, still kicking said:

I am getting sick and tired about all topics about the USA election. Every second topic on AN is about that. Why talk about a country who is bankrupt? Hate Trump hate Harries who cares? not every body lives in the US only 340 million out of 8 billion. Sorry about my American friends but I am getting pinched off. How many posts do we get about the coming Australian election ? None What about New Zealand or Italy India none, 

don't sweat it ..  only 17 more days until the election

then you can watch the total <removed> meltdown from the left when they lose big time .... starting at about 10pm Nov 5th

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, RayC said:

The West may be in decline and the 21st century may (eventually) prove to be the 'Asian century', but the chances of the Real, Ruble, Rupee, Yuan or Rand - or the 'Brics' - supplanting  the dollar as the world's reserve currency in 3 - 5 years is about as likely as Mikel Areta asking me if I fancy a game of football for Arsenal this evening. 

Brics already have a Brics pay card, circumventing SWIFT. Thailand has applied to join Brics, I dread to think what this will mean for our western currency exchange rates in a few years time.

14 hours ago, still kicking said:

I am getting sick and tired about all topics about the USA election. Every second topic on AN is about that. Why talk about a country who is bankrupt? Hate Trump hate Harries who cares? not every body lives in the US only 340 million out of 8 billion. Sorry about my American friends but I am getting pinched off. How many posts do we get about the coming Australian election ? None What about New Zealand or Italy India none, 

Agree and I am an American. My Absentee Ballot mailed. Up to the my fellow voting citizens. I am done.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Brics already have a Brics pay card, circumventing SWIFT. Thailand has applied to join Brics, I dread to think what this will mean for our western currency exchange rates in a few years time.

Unless the world's leading banks decide to jettison SWIFT, then any BRICS initiative will have virtually zero effect on the world's banking transactions: Incidentally the Bank of China is a member of the Board of Directors of SWIFT.

On a global scale Thailand joining BRICS is meaningless.

With the exception of China, the US economy dwarfs all others. Perhaps, China (and India?) may one day overtake the US in terms of economic power but - barring an economic catastrophe - that day will probably be well into the second half of this century, and it certainly won't be in a few years time.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, JoeRan said:

You just proved my point and no one listens to the likes of you. Oh and btw, good luck with the your countries looming bankruptcy. That’s why most of the world is moving away from the USD.

Most of the world. To what, Bitcoin? Just hush and wait for us to tell you to jump

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Unless the world's leading banks decide to jettison SWIFT, then any BRICS initiative will have virtually zero effect on the world's banking transactions: Incidentally the Bank of China is a member of the Board of Directors of SWIFT.

On a global scale Thailand joining BRICS is meaningless.

With the exception of China, the US economy dwarfs all others. Perhaps, China (and India?) may one day overtake the US in terms of economic power but - barring an economic catastrophe - that day will probably be well into the second half of this century, and it certainly won't be in a few years time.

The dollar is now used in only 54% of international trade invoices. Sometimes decades of progress are made in only a few years. The US economy is built on unsustainable debt, that isn't a strong foundation for the future.