Room with View or Quiet Room: Your priority is?

How important would it be for you to have either a Quiet Room or a Room With a View, if you had to choose between having one or the other?

In my VIEW (get it?), I would always choose to have at LEAST one quiet room, always available, where I might escape anytime, and every time, a rooster began crowing, or someone began mowing.

Thailand is not only one of the noisiest of countries, but the type of noise one hears here is among the most annoying that I have ever experienced, in any country, except maybe.....(actually, there are no exceptions that I have found).

You name the noise, and Thailand has plenty of almost any type.

This is why having a Quiet room is so essential to one's piece of mind, not to mention one's utter sanity.

I would liken much of Thailand noise to listening to a two-year-old screaming infant, day after day, for intolerability. 

Even doctors recommend new mothers to escape their screaming infants, once in a while, by escaping to the bathroom, turning on the shower, and plugging their ears....just to avoid going NUTZO.....and with good reason.

Similarly, this is why everyone living in Thailand should consider having one room in the house to escape to when the noise outside the house becomes utterly intolerable.

In most cases, it's possible to build one of these Quiet Rooms for not much investment.

In areas with severe noise, then one might need to dig a cellar, which could double as a wine cellar.

But, normally, there is no need to go to these lengths.

Are you one of these people who demand a Quiet Room, and prefer a Quiet Room...over a Room With a View?

Because, I certainly am this type of person.

I have often dreamed about having just one room in my house that is almost completely quiet, no matter what is going on outside.

And, fortunately, I now have one.

Or, I will have one, once I put up some heavier drapes.

Fortunately, the room, as it is, is already quite quiet, and I hear almost no noise from outside after about 8:00PM.

Once I add heavy drapes, then all will be quiet as a mouse....or hopefully quieter....Some rats are rather noisy, as you know.

So here is an example of both a Quiet Room and also a Room With a View....

Which is best for you?

image.png.2d0b9a77e6924798c6ed5441ed8601da.png

image.png.9a2cab9325a7cc9ad25a79d6c236878a.png

Listen, Guys...Please Listen!

Protect your Sanity!

Prioritize a Quiet Room, please.

How much is Sanity really worth to you, anyway???

Best regards,

Gamma