Do you drink drive?

MalcolmB

Do you drink drive?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems to me that most people I know drink drive to some extent. Bars are full of people and nobody is ordering taxis. 

After having a couple I always follow all the road rules and drive slowly, which is probably a lot safer than getting in a speeding taxi with a driver who ignores the road rules and is on his phone.

• Haha 1

I think most of us know if we had a few drinks, are medium drunk, or are totally drunk.

If I had a few drinks, let's say maybe 3 glasses of wine for lunch, I will drive the 2km back home.

A long time ago I also drove when I was medium drunk. Like, I knew I was not able to drive on full capacity, but I still could handle low traffic low risks streets. In those cases, I made sure I don't drive fast, and I didn't take any risks.

I never drove totally drunk. That is certainly a bad idea.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

After having a couple I always follow all the road rules and drive slowly, which is probably a lot safer than getting in a speeding taxi with a driver who ignores the road rules and is on his phone.

Yet if you get in an accident and hurt someone then you’re in a heap of trouble. The wise thing to do is leave the problem to someone else or walk.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

It seems to me that most people I know drink drive to some extent.

It depends who you know. Alcohol can affect people differently based on several factors, including their age, metabolism, body weight, gender, and other individual differences. The legal limit for blood alcohol concentration is based on a general estimate of the level at which alcohol impairs most people's ability to drive safely.

• Agree 1

Didn't leave many options in the poll.   In the past yes.  Actually now, rare that I sip at all, let alone out of the house, or even more than one.  So technically, still drink & drive, 

When I was a weekend or monthly warrior, here in Thailand, I'd simply get a hotel, when living in Udon Thani, as most of my sipping days were there.

Local forum even had monthly meet ups, and a pub crawl/drive at times, and I'd hire a private tuk tuk driver to 'limo' my butt to each bar :cheesy:  When single, then later the GF/wife would simply drive, if we didn't get a hotel.   Hotel was the usual route, until later, when the meeting weren't 'alcohol fueled'.  After a few, just give the GF/wife the keys.

Days past in USA, can't say I was as responsible, and thankfully never had an oops or hurt anyone.  One reason I liked happy hours in Philly, as took the train to/from, living walking distance to the train in suburbia.  Couldn't get any more convenient than that.

40 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

It seems to me that most people I know drink drive to some extent. Bars are full of people and nobody is ordering taxis. 

Following all of the road rules also means not driving while under the influence.

Did you start this topic to look for sympathy or support?

• Agree 1

When you wake up in the morning, feeling as low as shark sh*t - you look outside and see your car in the driveway, but you don't remember coming home....

Does that count?? 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, G Rex said:

When you wake up in the morning, feeling as low as shark sh*t - you look outside and see your car in the driveway, but you don't remember coming home....

Does that count?? 

Yes.

worse still when your car isn’t there and you can’t remember where you left it. 

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Did you start this topic to look for sympathy or support?

Just to see if it is as common as I think it is amongst expats.

Thousands do it everyday but the amount of incidents is very low.

It might be something to do with we are generally a bit older.

Young drivers, drunk with friends in the car tend to show off which leads to accidents caused by drink driving.

Most of us older drivers just want to get home safely and are capable of driving safely after having a few, don’t act recklessly.

• Thumbs Up 1