John Mark Karr's Fiancee

qualtrough

For those who missed it, John Mark Karr is the guy who said he molested and killed Jon Benet Ramsey, and the placed a black mark on Thailand by teaching here. God knows what else he has done, but he clearly has a thing for young girls and is one strange guy by any accoun. Somehow he apparently escaped without any charges (??) and now is back in the USA where he is hiding out, ashamed for what he did, and knowing that he will never be accepted in society....not quite:

His 23 year old fiancee:

post-11211-1194099978_thumb.jpg

Karr and his fiancee share a happy moment:

post-11211-1194099964_thumb.jpg

What's his secret?

He escaped without charges because he wasn't guilty of any crime except seeking attention. It was patently obvious he had nothing to do with the Ramsey murder. As for placing a black mark on teachers in Thailand - I suggest that the string of high profile arrests of 'teachers' in the last 2-3 weeks has done considerably more damage.

And what's all this about his 'thing' for young girls. His fiancee is 23. He is 42. That's hardly an age difference to get worried about is it?

Furthermore, as the pictures in the OP seem to come from a television show, it's hard to see how he is 'hiding out'.

Edited by bendix

He escaped without charges because he wasn't guilty of any crime except seeking attention. It was patently obvious he had nothing to do with the Ramsey murder.

Then in that case is this thread not defamatory, slanderous and libellous and thus a violation of the forum rules?

He escaped without charges because he wasn't guilty of any crime except seeking attention. It was patently obvious he had nothing to do with the Ramsey murder.

Then in that case is this thread not defamatory, slanderous and libellous and thus a violation of the forum rules?

Would you have posted it if it was?

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

But then again there does seem to be an alarming amount of interest in either real or imagined sex offenders on the forum.

Remember when Gary Glitter was arrested and imprisoned in Vietnam? The forum beat itself up into a frenzy of moral indignation in numerous threads and when it was pointed out the story had nothing to do with Thailand, we made ourselves feel better by discovering he was arrested boarding a flight to Bangkok. :-)

Why let the truth get in the way of some prurient innuendoes about paedophilia in our midst?

Edited by bendix

He escaped without charges because he wasn't guilty of any crime except seeking attention. It was patently obvious he had nothing to do with the Ramsey murder. As for placing a black mark on teachers in Thailand - I suggest that the string of high profile arrests of 'teachers' in the last 2-3 weeks has done considerably more damage.

And what's all this about his 'thing' for young girls. His fiancee is 23. He is 42. That's hardly an age difference to get worried about is it?

Furthermore, as the pictures in the OP seem to come from a television show, it's hard to see how he is 'hiding out'.

Bendix

1. My comment about his 'thing' for young girls relates to the facts that were revealed when details of his life became available and were widely published. Nothing at all to do with the age difference between him and his fiancee.

2. 'Hiding Out': Sarcasm, Bendix, sarcasm. Here is one Web definition:

The use of verbal irony in which a person appears to be praising something but is actually insulting it: eg, “She’sa real winner!”

Do you get it now?

Edited by qualtrough

Would you have posted it if it was?

What has that got to do with anything? I'm simply asking a question as i'm not clear on how these rules are viewed. So can anyone tell me?

What has that got to do with anything? I'm simply asking a question as i'm not clear on how these rules are viewed. So can anyone tell me?

So this post is testing the waters or the line in the sand, so to speak?

Edit: Oops, got my wires crossed. You're not the OP! :o

Edited by soundman

Bendix

1. My comment about his 'thing' for young girls relates to the facts that were revealed when details of his life became available and were widely published. Nothing at all to do with the age difference between him and his fiancee.

2. 'Hiding Out': Sarcasm, Bendix, sarcasm. Here is one Web definition:

The use of verbal irony in which a person appears to be praising something but is actually insulting it: eg, “She’sa real winner!”

Do you get it now?

I do, now that you've explained it so eloquently. Mea Culpa.

:o

I am not a lawyer, but see nothing defamatory, slanderous, or libelous about this thread. It is a fact that he admitted (at least at one point) to being with Jon Benet on the night she died, and he has also made some statements and displayed some behavior that indicated an unhealthy interest in very young girls. His engagement is a fact. His arrest here and extradition did indeed bring unwanted attention to Thailand, and may have been behind some immigration crackdowns on teachers.

Edit: Removed unnecessary poke at Bendix.

Edited by qualtrough

His arrest here and extradition did indeed bring unwanted attention to Thailand, and may have been behind some immigration crackdowns on teachers.

. . . . . and for that we should be eternally grateful to him. You see? There is good in everyone if you look hard enough.

It's a pretty boring subject, and who really cares who he's seeing, but why has no one spotted that this photo is so obviously a fake...she's not sitting next to him.

post-34982-1194105610_thumb.jpg

I took the screen captures from a video that I believe was from the US show Prime Time. I would say there is about zero possibility that they would spend the time and effort to make it look like his fiancee was sitting next to him when she really wasn't. Google it and you can read and see for yourself.

It's a pretty boring subject, and who really cares who he's seeing, but why has no one spotted that this photo is so obviously a fake...she's not sitting next to him.

post-34982-1194105610_thumb.jpg

I took the screen captures from a video that I believe was from the US show Prime Time. I would say there is about zero possibility that they would spend the time and effort to make it look like his fiancee was sitting next to him when she really wasn't. Google it and you can read and see for yourself.

I agree since even the closeup looks real to me as it looks just like her shoulder is pressing into his arm causing his shirt to wrinkle. Even though John Mark Carr is not guilty of the crime to which he confessed, he is guilty of being a very psychologically sick individual as is shown by several of his past actions. It is unfortunate that his infamy is rewarded by continued coverage in the media.

My apologies. I've seen the video here and it's looks genuine.

He was arrested, charged and found guilty of an offence like that many years ago. He served his time and as such paid his dues. He is on a sex offender registry.

Since then he has been charged with several things, none of which have resulted in formal proceedings or any guilty verdict. Sure, he's a strange guy and not one I would want to spend a pleasant evening but applies to most of the world's population, frankly.

What I find equally bizarre, though, is the prurient interest in him, Gary Glitter etc on this forum. I'm sure there's a non-sinister reason, but I can't think of it right now.

For those who missed it, John Mark Karr is the guy who said he molested and killed Jon Benet Ramsey, and the placed a black mark on Thailand by teaching here. God knows what else he has done, but he clearly has a thing for young girls and is one strange guy by any accoun. Somehow he apparently escaped without any charges (??) and now is back in the USA where he is hiding out, ashamed for what he did, and knowing that he will never be accepted in society....not quite:

So, he is 42 and she is 23. Oh, what a sicko! Clearly, he has undesirable tastes in women - i mean he likes them real young. None of the members here at TV would be seen dead with a lass 19 years old his younger!

As for that bit about John Karr hiding out in the US because he is ashamed! Geez... more like he is there cause of all the beloved attention he gets. There is even a John Mark Karr Fan Club, i can't remember the domain though, so if someone could find the link!

Edited by Stephen Cleary

None of the members here at TV would be seen dead with a lass 19 years old his younger!

Does this mean I should divorce my wife since she is 22 years younger or is it OK if we stay married? Just curious to know if I'm upsetting your idea of the natural balance of things.

Actually, I am ok, my wife is 18 years younger than me, therefore, makes the 19-year rule by one year. :o

I always thought that for a relationship to "endure the years" needed a little more than physical attraction, thinks like trust, respect, shared life goals and of course mutual love. But then, maybe I am old fashioned.

So, he is 42 and she is 23. Oh, what a sicko! Clearly, he has undesirable tastes in women - i mean he likes them real young. None of the members here at TV would be seen dead with a lass 19 years old his younger!

Oh my! My girl is 20 and I'm 48. Does that make me a double sicko? :o:D

Edited by tropo

Oh my! My girl is 20 and I'm 48. Does that make me a double sicko? :o:D

No, that would make you about 1.5 sicko, as 48 (your age) -19 = 29. Then 29 - 20 (your partners age) = 9 which is about 1/2 of the 19 originally quoted.

So you can rest assured that you are only 1.5 times sicko.