Thai Food Cheat Sheet!

junkofdavid2

Please list your favorite dishes with English translation. Please use Western alphabet for those of us who can't read Thai.

I'll start with mine:

Moo Krob Kratiyem - Crispy Fried Pork stir fried with garlic

Kapow Moo Krob - Crispy Fried Pork stir fried with garlic, basil, and some kinda sauce.

Kana Moo Krob - Some kind of thick crunchy green vegetable stir fried with crispy pork, chili, and a little garlic.

Gkung Kratiyem - Prawns stir fried in garlic

Kaw Pad Pla Kem - Fried rice with salted fish

Koi Dai - Clams stir fried in chili, ginger, and some kind of slightly sweet sauce

Het Sot - Mushrooms stir fried

Gai Thod - Fried chicken (in some places, it's dam_n good and tasty, must be the Thai marinade or the overly re-used oil!)

:o

Edited by junkofdavid2

Please list your favorite dishes with English translation. Please use Western alphabet for those of us who can't read Thai.

I'll start with mine:

Moo Krob Kratiyem - Crispy Fried Pork stir fried with garlic

Kapow Moo Krob - Crispy Fried Pork stir fried with garlic, basil, and some kinda sauce.

Kana Moo Krob - Some kind of thick crunchy green vegetable stir fried with crispy pork, chili, and a little garlic.

Gkung Kratiyem - Prawns stir fried in garlic

Kaw Pad Pla Kem - Fried rice with salted fish

Koi Dai - Clams stir fried in chili, ginger, and some kind of slightly sweet sauce

Het Sot - Mushrooms stir fried

Gai Thod - Fried chicken (in some places, it's dam_n good and tasty, must be the Thai marinade or the overly re-used oil!)

:o

Oops, Sorry!!

Meant to say: my personal favourite is KAENG MATSAMAN NEUA, beef matsaman - similar to good old "English Curry", contains onion, potato, peanuts, coconut milk and has a much thicker sauce than a green or red curry! You can substitute pork or chicken for the beef.

If anyone is interested I have a cookery book for Thai food where the left hand page is Thai and the right hand is English so my wife and I can both easily read it. It was very useful in England when my wife was shopping for Thai ingredients.

Details are: ISBN 9747160-72-2, Authentic Thai Food, published by Sangdad Publishing Co. Ltd. We paid 295 baht for it - a snip!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Problem is now I'm hungry and in Australia so will have to wait to try it out :o

shouldnt be a problem really. australia...especially Sydney...has LOTSSSSSS of thai restuarants. and some are really really good. PM me to ask for suggestions if u are in Sydney :D