New Pickup Truck From Tata

Tata Group will launch the brand new Tata Xenon 1-ton pickup at the 29th Bangkok International Motor Show. Production of the Tata Xenon with a Dicor engine using common-rail diesel technology began earlier this year. The Tata Dicor 2956cc common-rail diesel engine is capable to produce 114 horsepower and a 300nm torque. The first model introduced will be equipped with 5-speed manual gearbox.

Source and Picture: Tata Xenon

Edited by Richard-BKK

It's ugly and the power the engine produces is a joke!!

If its cheap , it will sell in bucket loads.

Cheers

Totally agree with that. For the population that buys motorcycles because they cannot afford cars, if cheap enough they will upgrade to something with four wheels. Hey if that cuts down the motorcycle population a bit I'm down with that. :o hehe

For the engine, it is stronger then some other competitors. If compared to the Toyota 3 liter Turbo-Diesel which produces a 158 horsepower, with a maximum torque of 241nm is this youngest Thai build pickup not that bad.

And people, please not forget that all pickups in Thailand are Thai build and mostly designed (only the name on the sticker is Japanese).

And people told me that it probably comes with 3-years warranty ......

For the people who see Tata as just a second grade car manufacturer, think again before you drive away in your Jaguar and Land Rover as this is also Tata (They bought Jaguar and Land Rover factories and brand names 2 days ago).

For the people who see Tata as just a second grade car manufacturer, think again before you drive away in your Jaguar and Land Rover as this is also Tata (They bought Jaguar and Land Rover factories and brand names 2 days ago).

I'll never buy another Jag or LR again (not that I did anyway), remember Proton buying Lotus :o

Thie Indian built Tata vehicles are total carp, hopefully the Thai built units will be more acceptable.

For the engine, it is stronger then some other competitors. If compared to the Toyota 3 liter Turbo-Diesel which produces a 158 horsepower, with a maximum torque of 241nm is this youngest Thai build pickup not that bad.

And people, please not forget that all pickups in Thailand are Thai build and mostly designed (only the name on the sticker is Japanese).

And people told me that it probably comes with 3-years warranty ......

The 3.0d4d produces 163 hp with a maximum torque of 360nm :o

A Toyota is a Toyota.. Who cares where it is designed..

It's designed by TOYOTA designers.

I'll never buy another Jag or LR again (not that I did anyway), remember Proton buying Lotus :o

Thie Indian built Tata vehicles are total carp, hopefully the Thai built units will be more acceptable.

How many Tata's have YOU driven as of yet?

Don't make statements about something you don't know. Tata is like the russian "Lada" - everyone says "they're crap" even tough nobody ever sat in one. My father drove them for quite some time (the 4x4 Niva) and he REALLY did off-roading - a must when you're a forester and hunter! The car was unbreakable, robust and sturdy like no other and got thru terrain where even army offroad vehicles got stuck. I was in the car when we did a roll-over sideways into the woods when the car slipped off the track in Winter (there was ice there under the snow from a frozen creek), after there was not even a DENT in it. Built like a tank, just sturdier :D

And that Tata pickup looks certainly better than that funny Mitsubishi Triton (which is a good truck despite it's looks - "looks" are a matter of each person's taste).

How many HP do you need in a truck? Those are Diesel-horsepower, don't forget that. Those "Cyclone" pickups have a sticker in the back stating "High Power 89 HP". Does the job, no? And that old Benz that my stepfather had, 2 liter Diesel with 53 (!) HP, almost two tons car. A million kilometers on the first engine and still going strong.

Go, Tata! Good luck in this highly competitive market!

Best regards.....

Thanh

Some more, and good, info here:

http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/ta...l-sprint-xenon/

http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fSecti...ticleId=4220647

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/worldhotne...newsid=30067405

Interestingly, the Thai one will get the small engine (2.2) only while in other places it's available with 3.0. Let's see how long until the "big-engine-crazy" folks in Thailand demand that engine.

Best regards....

Thanh

How many Tata's have YOU driven as of yet?

Actually only DRIVEN two, a Safari [EDIT actually a Sumo, sorry for the confusion] which was a rattle trap, the mid size saloon (dont remember the name [indigo?], didn't actually drive this one) which was an ok ride but falling apart after only 50,000 km and the tiny Indica which was actually fine and seemed well put together a bit gutless on CNG though.

So yes, I've driven them, and yes they are (at least the consumer vehicles), if not carp, then not the best quality.

I DO agree that their commercial vehicles are well built and tough, but we're not talking about big trucks here are we?

Edited by Crossy

I bought for my company over the years different brands, from Mitsubishi, Toyota, Isuzu and Nissan. Lets make clear we use this cars to do one thing transport, and we have 7 drivers, 8 cars, and until now (the Nissan who everybody told me not to buy) are the pickups with the lowest maintenance.

With 7 drivers, and 8 cars, we have not much pickups surviving the 3 years warranty which Tata Car is offering us, being a bully, and knowing that people told me to never buy a Nissan if you serious about buying company pickups....

P.S. I never drive a Tata pickup (or any car) but you need to keep a open mind, saving huge on buying get 3 year service (contract) is not something I can just ignore.... Can you as manager/owner?

If I by administration I have to make a make a top 3, of the most expensive pickups, the Mitsubishi is 1, Toyota 2 and Isuzu closes the top 3........... Just actual company service administration, open for anybody to study..... Tata cannot do worse then the figures we now have, we going to sign a contract.

By the way, if this pickup looks bad...hahaha you need to slowdown and look again about the Mitsubishi Triton and loading capabilities ....then you probably cannot stop laughing.......

Edited by Richard-BKK

Good posts - Richard-BKK, you appear to know your onions!. Do not listen to the farang buying comments too much. If it does not have Toyota/Isuzu badge on the front they are not interested.

I was involved with fleet buying for my own business in Uk several years back, I would never touch a GM product again, do your sums/research. I unfortunately relied upon to much advice from the friends! down the golf club/pub.

Considering that General Motors pickups are build by Isuzu it doesn't wonder me a bit.....

Tata easy payment, 3 year warranty (and not by word of salesmen mouth, but by signed one-to-one contract) yes sure I going to buy a 200k more expensive car (being the cheapest option).

Yet the new Lotus cars are fantastic. The Exige S2 are great little cars. Still built in England and use Toyota engines. Does it really matter who owns them?

Not at all. Actually I'm not even sure if Proton are still involved, all happened a long time ago.

The LR and Jag brand will only improve with the injection of cash :D