List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Italy Ging, I grew up in the Italian neighborhood of San Francisco and dined as some of the best over the years.

Rosovivo is pretty good! In the Fisherman Way Business Garden near to Wine Lovers (not so good) Their pastas a fresh and good cream sauces. The pizza's are a great with with the girls at my favorite Pubs. I'm there twice a week.

I was born in Little Italy in San Francisco so I know a bit about Italiano Ging. I really like Rossovivo in the Fisherman Way Business Garden. ) Next to the Rawai Makro) The prices a better and the pasta fresh with great sauces. Pizzas are a hit with the girls at my favorite pub. Of course most suffer from the "No Veal" I had a pork loin Saltimboca which was good etc. I think that this place is better off on good food rather than frills etc.

Edited by angiud
fixed formatting

Was not at all impressed with Rossovivo especially in comparison with M&M's,Modena, Cosa Nostra notch below all three I believe.

Was impressed with the Catalina Burger at Catalina Cookery. As mentioned from a previous poster we ate there and when they dropped this burger in front of me I about fell out of my chair. So massive, I thought it was one of those "you are able to eat this in 5 minutes it's free" situations as it's ginormous. Super tasty too.

Any recommendations in Kathu or Phuket Town? Saw a few on here and will check them out come August.

Grumpyoldman has some good Mexican suggestions! Will have to check those out. Our tastes are very varied though so up for everything but will be living and working in the Phuket Town/Kathu area so wanted some good ones nearby or in areas close by like Boat Lagoon etc. Thanks.

Any recommendations in Kathu or Phuket Town? Saw a few on here and will check them out come August.

Grumpyoldman has some good Mexican suggestions! Will have to check those out. Our tastes are very varied though so up for everything but will be living and working in the Phuket Town/Kathu area so wanted some good ones nearby or in areas close by like Boat Lagoon etc. Thanks.

Thong Dee in Kathu is a bit higher priced but pretty good for a special occasion.

• Like 1

On the corner accross the road from the index mall is a new group of resturaunts all new and clean. We tried the somtam resturaunt (name starts with a T, but hard to pronounce) was very good we had a table full of thai food all top knotch kind of a funky trendy place place very nice may i reccomend the ice latte and homade honey toast with vanilla ice cream was fantastic give it a try

Sent from my SGP311 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

On the corner accross the road from the index mall is a new group of resturaunts all new and clean. We tried the somtam resturaunt (name starts with a T, but hard to pronounce) was very good we had a table full of thai food all top knotch kind of a funky trendy place place very nice may i reccomend the ice latte and homade honey toast with vanilla ice cream was fantastic give it a try

Sent from my SGP311 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

new? like 1-2 years old but good food!

Dibuk is good. Also the Vietnamese place in the older bus station, easy parking there.

Haven't been to the Metropole buffet in a long time but about four years ago or so took some friends and they enjoyed checking out the different food from different parts of the country there. Anybody been lately? It used to be really reasonably priced.

In Phuket Town, as somebody else suggested Je'Taime (Vietnamese, though menu is half Viet/half Thai) near the old Bus Station is good, as is their sister restaurant, Mamtrio, in Kathu. Mamtrio is a bit more upmarket than Je'Taime, but they keep their prices pretty much equal, and Mamtrio has a reasonable selection of Western food also.

In Phuket Town, for a lunch of good food, inexpensive pricing, and quick service, it's pretty hard to beat Uptown, not far from Robinsons/fresh market.

Not been there for a while, but 'The Winch' in Boat Lagoon Marina itself was very good bistro style food by it's French owners.

Again, in that Koh Kaew area, 'Talaytong', a Thai seafood place is good, with nice open sea views across to Koh Yao Yai. Going from Toyota Pearl junction towards Phuket Town, just after the Shell gas station as you approach Laem Hin hill, there's a small soi on the left with a sign 'Thalaytong'. Carry on down the soi for about 800 metres.

Check yer geography mate

My apologies, I was confusing it with Indigo Pearl, another renowned 'brunch' venue. Twin Palms is of course at Surin Beach, part of Thalang district, but still in the northern half of the island. Indigo Pearl is at Nai Yang beach (I cycle a couple of times a week around that area, and pass the sign posts at Nai Yang).

I went there like 10 years ago. Even back then, you had to make a reservation. And Hagen Daaz ice cream, all you can eat. biggrin.png . Food was excellent. Now? I have no idea.

this place used to be a classy place but food is still good but they should add a dress code, it's even better now since they upgraded the selection of seafood and occasionally you see some issan girls looking for their somtum but nowhere to be found..

Edited by falkan

Twinpalms

http://twinpalms-phuket.com/phuket-restaurant.html

1,390 baht buffet only, 1,690 baht with 1/2 bottle wine.

Any members tried it - comments please. Might give it a try this Sunday lunch.

Twin Palms Buffet is highly recommended but you do need to book in advance. Banyan Tree is also very good and you could probably get in without booking. (Banyan tree offers all you can eat grilled or steamed Canadian and African lobsters)

However what I was looking for was recommendations in the south of the island as I am making a rare trip south of Patong/Central festival and thought I would see what was on offer in terms of brunches. Might just go to the Irish Times for Sunday lunch as its pretty good.

Twinpalms

http://twinpalms-phuket.com/phuket-restaurant.html

1,390 baht buffet only, 1,690 baht with 1/2 bottle wine.

Any members tried it - comments please. Might give it a try this Sunday lunch.

Twin Palms Buffet is highly recommended but you do need to book in advance. Banyan Tree is also very good and you could probably get in without booking. (Banyan tree offers all you can eat grilled or steamed Canadian and African lobsters)

However what I was looking for was recommendations in the south of the island as I am making a rare trip south of Patong/Central festival and thought I would see what was on offer in terms of brunches. Might just go to the Irish Times for Sunday lunch as its pretty good.

Have not been but I hear the brunch at Regent Panwa is pretty good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i went to a new organic food restaurant in phuket town called Flavor ... located on yaowarat rd close to the intersection of thalang rd ( up the hill 100m on rhs) ..Eric the owner/chef is the ex chef from Brasserie also in Phuket town ...Eric hails from Belgium and is a career chef , he loves fresh produce and searches Phuket for the finest ingredients ... i ordered the french onion soup and the grilled chicken which came with home made pasta ...both incredible flavor .... the setting is small but very clean and aircond ... Eric and his wife are great hosts and i will go back to sample more of the menu ...price was excellent given the quality of the food !!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, yes yes! Very interested.

Will make a bee-line to it when I get home in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Val. Will post on my experience.

Went to the Catalina Restaurant and ordered the Chicken Shwarma.

Not bad at all. Better than Adams kebab as the chicken was cut fresh from the grill rather than re-heated. The garlic sauce is very good. The chilli sauce I found too mild, so they made up some that was "Thai hot".

At 120 Bt, good value.

Went again and this time tried the burgers. I had a 200g cheese-burger that was 165 Bt. Choices are 150g, or 200g with the Catalina Burger weighing in at 400g with a double patty. You would have to be very hungry to do justice to that.

The meat is 100% NZ or Australian beef.

The burger comes with either french-fries or fried potato. I asked for fries. Was a bit disappointed as they were shoe-string cut and not really enough of them

The burger was very good indeed. Large patty with a tasty bun and salad. They have proper condiment with Heinz ketchup and proper grind your own black pepper.

Service was great and the food came quickly.

Good selection of drinks. I went with the mango smoothy and the good thing is they don't add any sweetener.

Definitely worth a visit.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2

i went to a new organic food restaurant in phuket town called Flavor ... located on yaowarat rd close to the intersection of thalang rd ( up the hill 100m on rhs) ..Eric the owner/chef is the ex chef from Brasserie also in Phuket town ...Eric hails from Belgium and is a career chef , he loves fresh produce and searches Phuket for the finest ingredients ... i ordered the french onion soup and the grilled chicken which came with home made pasta ...both incredible flavor .... the setting is small but very clean and aircond ... Eric and his wife are great hosts and i will go back to sample more of the menu ...price was excellent given the quality of the food !!

yepp that place is really good!

• Like 1

Back to brunch in rawai, the vijjitt was good in the past. Haven't been in a few years though. I registered for the naiharn rawai business card on the day and rec'd a 20%? Discount.

Considering how overpriced that place is, you're still getting hosed 20%.

• Like 1

Back to brunch in rawai, the vijjitt was good in the past. Haven't been in a few years though. I registered for the naiharn rawai business card on the day and rec'd a 20%? Discount.

Considering how overpriced that place is, you're still getting hosed 20%.

price?

Tried La Butcher steakhouse in Chalong the other day...
Good Steak Not Thai beef...
reasonable price 650 and 750 thb for two different cuts...rib cut and sirloin cut...
was not cooked enough I ate mine she had little bit and we recooked it at home via a doggy bag/box..
Im sure they mixed up the cuts of meat as her small sirloin came on my plate had to trade it around..
and Two things on menu we wanted (béarnaise sauce and caramel cream dessert)
was NO HAB as seems to be the norm in Most Restaurants here in Phuket No Hab most of the menu as offered...
My steak was ok tasty meat and not way overpriced for foreign meat will try this place again for sure
worth a try if in the mood for some good tasting steak

• 2 weeks later...

Revisited Gallery Cafe in Phuket Town yesterday for a very nice eggs benedict. IMO this is a wee gem of a place. Food can be a bit slow in coming if they are busy but unless you are in a hurry it does not matter as it is pretty relaxing with a nice outdoor area besides inside with air con.

• Like 1

Tried out the Catalina Cookery in Nai Harn on Saturday, and had a pretty good burger. I ordered the 150 gram cheeseburger with fries, and asked for it well done. Although it wasn't well done, it was still tasty just a bit bloody for my liking. The wait staff were nice, but my only complaint is that the service was exceptionally slow. However, I will go back again and try out some other menu items.

Also enjoyed Sunday Brunch at the Regent Phuket Cape Panwa - nice setting and quality food. I chose the free flow soft drinks option, and the bill was 1800THB. A bit spendy, I realize, but the variety of buffet food was extensive as well as what you could order from the brunch menu. I'd recommend this brunch to anyone on the island who enjoys a bit of a Sunday feast.