90 Day Reporting In On Retirement Visa

I needed to report in by october 14 on 90 day....I assumed I could do this at BKK airport when I applied for my re-entry permit....but immigration officer would not deal with 90 day report form...so I needed leave without reporting in....but ...I departed before the 90 days were up so , in my thinking, i do not need to report staying over 90 days because I left thailand before 90 days are up and obtained a re=entry permit.

As other times, Thai immigration has confused my understanding of their requirements, I do not want to return in november and have problems about this dam reporting in form.....my questions are......" did I need to report in if I left before the 90 days elapsed" or "did obtaining the re-entry permit suffice and fill all required of me upon my departure and the 90 days begin again when I return since i departed before 90 days were up and therefore not need to report in for I did not stay over 90 days and form not required.....I hope I stated my concerns clearly here...lol

Tom

There was a post here abut an officer in another immigration office, not Bangkok, having acted funny about the 90-day address report but nothing came of it. The rule is clear: new entry restarts the 90-day clock .

--

Maestro