Hua Hin Airport To Hua Hin Central

dsfbrit

I am planning to fly down to Hua Hin next week using Nok Air (previously SGA?) from Bangkok Suwanaboom airport. Hua Hin airport seems to be about 3 miles outside Hua Hin. Nice and close, so could someone please tell me the best way to get to the centre without geting ripped off. I have not booked a hotel yet, so maybe the hotel would arrange a taxi transfer for me. Thanks for you help.

I'm planning to go in the New Year.

Is it any quicker flying than getting a van/taxi from a central Bkk (Sukhumvit 11) location?

By the time you get a taxi to the airport, check-in, wait for the flight...do you actually save any time?

RAZZ

RAZZ,

frankly I wouldn't fly.

As you said the airport bs these days is a time waster for any flight under about 5 hours. Add in the cost and taxes and I think its a non-starter.

Get the van (every 20 minutes) from Victory Monument skytrain stop. Just exit to your right as you come down the stairs from the train platform.

DON'T exit left towards the elevated walkway. You will see a shopping mall on your left at the bottom of the stairs.

The van station is in a parking area immediately beside the mall. 200 baht now.

Trip will take 2.5-3 hours depending on weather and traffic and a fuel/peepee stop on the way. If you have large luggage you will have to buy a seat for it as cargo capacity is limited.

RAZZ,

frankly I wouldn't fly.

As you said the airport bs these days is a time waster for any flight under about 5 hours. Add in the cost and taxes and I think its a non-starter.

Get the van (every 20 minutes) from Victory Monument skytrain stop. Just exit to your right as you come down the stairs from the train platform.

DON'T exit left towards the elevated walkway. You will see a shopping mall on your left at the bottom of the stairs.

The van station is in a parking area immediately beside the mall. 200 baht now.

Trip will take 2.5-3 hours depending on weather and traffic and a fuel/peepee stop on the way. If you have large luggage you will have to buy a seat for it as cargo capacity is limited.

How much to hire a van, 2-3k?

I'm gonna have a laptop and other stuff and would rather stretch out.

RAZZ

I am planning to fly down to Hua Hin next week using Nok Air (previously SGA?) from Bangkok Suwanaboom airport. Hua Hin airport.

The airport is inside Hua Hin (soi 2 I believe) and the centre is about 5 km away I think.

The thing with flying there is that with checking in/out getting a taxi etc. you will probably we a lot faster driving to Hua Hin with a taxi.

The taxi will take you to the desired location in Hua Hin straightly and will be about 2.000 Baht.

This takes maximum about 3 hours. Unless you get coughed in traffic of Bangkok of course.

Just pick the right time of departure and you will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
I am planning to fly down to Hua Hin next week using Nok Air (previously SGA?) from Bangkok Suwanaboom airport. Hua Hin airport.

Just out of curiosity, how did you get from the airport to Hua Hin? I was there for the first time last week to pick up some friends who flew in and I did not see any form of public transport there after the plane landed. There were only a few private cars picking up friends and relatives (only about seven people on the flight!)