Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Has anyone found any gripes with this bike yet? Things they would like changed? I havent seen any on the market for sale? I guess most are pleased with their decision to buy. :o

Wicked fun bike, tough as nails, dirt cheap, easy to mod, very well suited to Thai roads. Only thing it needs is a decent looking screen. Amazing that no one has come up with one yet. The Puig, Ermax and Givi screens are all hideous...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm trying to work out the carrying capacity for my bike. Does anyone know the gross vehicle weight restriction (GVWR) and the wet weight of the er6n?

Wet weight is 200Kg

GVWR.... Hmmm, I dunno that one- just load her up till she bottoms out or you blow the tires? :D:D:o

Seriously though- how much stuff are you thinking of carrying? Less is more!

Happy Trails!

Tony

I'm trying to work out the carrying capacity for my bike. Does anyone know the gross vehicle weight restriction (GVWR) and the wet weight of the er6n?

Wet weight is 200Kg

GVWR.... Hmmm, I dunno that one- just load her up till she bottoms out or you blow the tires? :D:D:o

Seriously though- how much stuff are you thinking of carrying? Less is more!

Happy Trails!

Tony

The GVWR was written on the underside of the seat on both of my U.S. purchased bikes, but not on this bike, maybe it's just a U.S. thing. Usually you subtract the wet weight from the GVWR and that gives you the maximum weight you can safely load on the bike including passengers. I'm curious because my old Honda Nighthawk had a carrying capacity of about 300-400 something pounds, I don't remember how much anymore, but I can't imagine this bike having any more than that. I'm pushing 200 pounds now and the GF is about 100, so that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room for luggage.

I'd like to load the bike up and take some trips with the girl, but this bike isn't really designed for that. Just curious how much stuff I can thow on the back without stressing the bike.

You'll find it in the manual, that's where I found it on my FZ6.

Anyway let me make it easy for you, and if you understand German language it's all here http://www.moto-resort.de/index.php?mrMain...set=&mrMax=

If you don't understand German language it state that the maximum load is 180 kg or 396 pounds, the dry weight is 174 kg, wet weight 204 kg and max total weight is 384 kg for the 2009 model.

Cheers Bard

You'll find it in the manual, that's where I found it on my FZ6.

Anyway let me make it easy for you, and if you understand German language it's all here http://www.moto-resort.de/index.php?mrMain...set=&mrMax=

If you don't understand German language it state that the maximum load is 180 kg or 396 pounds, the dry weight is 174 kg, wet weight 204 kg and max total weight is 384 kg for the 2009 model.

Cheers Bard

Thanks Bard! I'm still waiting for a manual, the dealer didn't have one. Wouldn't even give me a Thai language one.

Has anyone put a seat cowl on their bike? I'm liking the ER6 but not really keen on the seat, would prefer more of a single seat look. Wondering how difficult it would be to do the conversion and which shop in Bangkok would be right for the task?

Has anyone put a seat cowl on their bike? I'm liking the ER6 but not really keen on the seat, would prefer more of a single seat look. Wondering how difficult it would be to do the conversion and which shop in Bangkok would be right for the task?

Ermax makes a seat cowl for the ER6n. I believe Ueno has them for sale. About 9000 Baht.

http://www.ueno-shop.com/

Happy Trails!

Tony

You lift up your seat, push the cowl on and snap back the seat, no bolting

Oops! My bad. :o

Wonder how much work is needed to get the seat looking like BigBikeBKK's pic (post #774). That would be ideal but the Ermax cowl works too.

You lift up your seat, push the cowl on and snap back the seat, no bolting

Oops! My bad. :o

Wonder how much work is needed to get the seat looking like BigBikeBKK's pic (post #774). That would be ideal but the Ermax cowl works too.

Um, hope you noticed that the pic I posted in #774 is NOT an ER6, but rather a Z1000. Probably not too tough to redo the tail of the ER6 to look more like a racer. I recently saw a D-tracker where the guy chopped off the rear subframe and replaced it with the tail from a Ninja 250R- pretty cool looking!

Honda sure has some kick-ass designs... love the looks of the CB600 hornet too, though I believe it looks a bit different to the.. yes, it's a CB1000 above... lovely, but strictly Europe-only because it doesn't meet emissions standards in the USA (or Japan)... so forget about Thailand...

Edited by nikster

Hey ER6 owners!

How do you like the performance of the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart tires on your bikes?

I was always a bit surprised how easy it was to spin and slide the Dunlops. And I was really surprised at how quickly my rear tire squared out. I've never used Dunlop tires before (was always happy with Bridgestone Battlax's) but I thought Dunlop had a pretty good reputation.

So, with the rear thoroughly squared I recently switched to Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro's and they are awesome! Finally had a chance this past weekend to put them to the test on a ride through the twisties at Khao Yai and I'm loving these new tires!

040709ER6nSm.jpg

040709ER6n2Sm.jpg

BTW, the chicken strips in the pics above are from before the ride :D:D:D

IMHO the Pirellis are WAY better than the Dunlops! :o

What do the rest of you think? Anyone else switch tires yet? I'm curious to hear your opinions.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey Tony,

I am also suprised at how easy the Dunlops slid - makes me a bit causious on some corners especially if you want to go in tight. :D

How much were the Pirellis.

I had a lot of problems with my key bending - especially in the fuel cap - never had a key so soft - anyone else had any problmes. :D

i have tried to order 2 more Rama 9 and no joy. outside the local vendors say they cant get the blanks - any one managed to get spare cut?

cheers Kev

Hey ER6 owners!

How do you like the performance of the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart tires on your bikes?

I was always a bit surprised how easy it was to spin and slide the Dunlops. And I was really surprised at how quickly my rear tire squared out. I've never used Dunlop tires before (was always happy with Bridgestone Battlax's) but I thought Dunlop had a pretty good reputation.

So, with the rear thoroughly squared I recently switched to Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro's and they are awesome! Finally had a chance this past weekend to put them to the test on a ride through the twisties at Khao Yai and I'm loving these new tires!

040709ER6nSm.jpg

040709ER6n2Sm.jpg

BTW, the chicken strips in the pics above are from before the ride :D:wai::D

IMHO the Pirellis are WAY better than the Dunlops! :o

What do the rest of you think? Anyone else switch tires yet? I'm curious to hear your opinions.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey Tony,

I am also suprised at how easy the Dunlops slid - makes me a bit causious on some corners especially if you want to go in tight. :D

I had a lot of problems with my key bending - especially in the fuel cap - never had a key so soft - anyone else had any problmes. :o

i have tried to order 2 more Rama 9 and no joy. outside the local vendors say they cant get the blanks - any one managed to get spare cut?

cheers Kev

Hiya Kev!

Got the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pros from a cool shop called ShowPow on Onnut, right by the intersection of Onnut Soi 10 and 17 if I remember correctly, for 10,700 Baht. That was a discount price though since a bunch of friends all ordered tires at the same time, but still, doesn't hurt to ask for a discount :D This shop carries a huge stock of Pirelli tires and the girl that runs the place speaks near perfect English.

Here's a pretty good map:

map2shop_Eng_onnut.gif

Haven't had any problems with my key bending- that's a weird one. But I can think of a few places here in BKK that can copy Kwakerzaki keys no problem. Not sure how often you come to the Big Mango... If you want, you could mail me one key, I can have copies made, and then mail them back to you if you like.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Hey Tony,

I had a lot of problems with my key bending - especially in the fuel cap - never had a key so soft - anyone else had any problmes. :o

cheers Kev

Hiya Kev!

Got the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pros from a cool shop called ShowPow on Onnut, right by the intersection of Onnut Soi 10 and 17 if I remember correctly, for 10,700 Baht. That was a discount price though since a bunch of friends all ordered tires at the same time, but still, doesn't hurt to ask for a discount :D This shop carries a huge stock of Pirelli tires and the girl that runs the place speaks near perfect English.

Here's a pretty good map:

map2shop_Eng_onnut.gif

Haven't had any problems with my key bending- that's a weird one. But I can think of a few places here in BKK that can copy Kwakerzaki keys no problem. Not sure how often you come to the Big Mango... If you want, you could mail me one key, I can have copies made, and then mail them back to you if you like.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey Tony,

Thansk for that I hope to come up in a week or so. I catch up with you and see about sorting keys, tyres and getting the sliders off you - would be great is you can show me where Red baron is :D

Cheers kev

Hey Tony,

Thansk for that I hope to come up in a week or so. I catch up with you and see about sorting keys, tyres and getting the sliders off you - would be great is you can show me where Red baron is :o

Cheers kev

Cheers Kev,

If I'm not off on a ride it'll be a pleasure to finally meet you and I'll be happy to show you around- getting to ShowPow is kind of a pain with the thick Onnut traffic, but Red Baron is quite close to my house and easy to find. Let me know when you might arrive and I'll try to be around.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey Kev!

Great to meet you today! Always fun to browse Red Baron and I was surprised at all of the new bikes they have on the floor now.

Remember I told you today that the Engine Sliders for the ER6n have not yet been crash tested?

Well, wouldn't you know that I just got an email from a friend who dropped his ER6n today:

"I dropped the bike today doing a slow U-Turn on a narrow road. :o I was on a little mountain road, on a slope with a drop off on one side. I hiked my weight over to the left and turned to the right but misjudged how tight I could turn. When I ran out of pavement I pulled in the clutch because there was no shoulder to ride off on, and predictably I dropped the bike. Just wanted to say thanks for the sliders, they worked like a charm. No paint touched the pavement, only the sliders. Even the signal fairings made it unscathed. Thanks again bro! :D "

So, naturally I'm quite pleased that the sliders worked well and did a good job of protecting the bike.

Hope next time you come to Bangkok you'll ride the bike!

Happy Trails!

Tony