Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a place that is selling the service manual, paperback. It's back-ordered and costs $74.95 (USD)

http://www.repairmanual.com/catalog/99924-1418-01

There's a lot of people selling it on CD on eBay too.

This drives me nuts. It's just a service manual, not a Hollywood movie. I don't think there are copyright issues, somebody must have posted it on the internet somewhere.

Picked up my Orange ER6N yesterday and would just like to emphasise, as other owners have, its a fabulous bike and worth every baht. Did about 80 k's today and the only small gripe would be the bars are slightly narrow and an extra inch on both sides would be perfect but only a minor complaint. Very torquey with great low end grunt and is the perfect all rounder to suit all kinds of rider........fantastic value bike.

Best regards

Picked up my Orange ER6N yesterday and would just like to emphasise, as other owners have, its a fabulous bike and worth every baht. Did about 80 k's today and the only small gripe would be the bars are slightly narrow and an extra inch on both sides would be perfect but only a minor complaint. Very torquey with great low end grunt and is the perfect all rounder to suit all kinds of rider........fantastic value bike.

Best regards

Enjoy Rickster, how long did you have to wait in the end?

It was about 6 weeks in all but was impressed with the dealership service...... it seems the demand in Phuket is getting higher by the week so delivery times in the future could be even longer.....depending on availability of course

Just to mention for anyone interested, the Phuket showroom have just taken delivery of a 2009 Limited Edition ZX10R @650,000K. It really is one heck of a sexy bike....not for the faint hearted !!!

Edited by Rickster

To anybody who has picked the bike up already. Did the bike roll of the forecourt with a red plate? Im due to pick up my bike from Korat as they have stock and they said it would not get a red plate immediately? I spoke to Rama 9 because i thought they were trying it on in Korat and they confirmed that it will not come with red plate but just some paperwork!

Im just a little concerned because of the recent clampdown on big bikes and no plates/books I will be riding on major roads as soon as i recieve the bike so need to be sure

thanks

It was about 6 weeks in all but was impressed with the dealership service...... it seems the demand in Phuket is getting higher by the week so delivery times in the future could be even longer.....depending on availability of course

Just to mention for anyone interested, the Phuket showroom have just taken delivery of a 2009 Limited Edition ZX10R @650,000K. It really is one heck of a sexy bike....not for the faint hearted !!!

Hi Guys,

Just ordered Er6n via my wife as I am working overseas and quoted 8 weeks wait thats in Khon Kaen. My wife will join me here in 3 weeks time for one month, so when we return to LOS not long to wait for bike.

I have enjoyed reading this thread which pushed my into buy new bike as they sound like lot of fun so very happy now, just need good approved helmet!!!!! looking for Simpson Bandit style helmet, any info would be great or if anyone know shop in BKK which have website for good approved helmets. :)

Stay upright and be safe!!!! :D

To anybody who has picked the bike up already. Did the bike roll of the forecourt with a red plate? Im due to pick up my bike from Korat as they have stock and they said it would not get a red plate immediately? I spoke to Rama 9 because i thought they were trying it on in Korat and they confirmed that it will not come with red plate but just some paperwork!

Im just a little concerned because of the recent clampdown on big bikes and no plates/books I will be riding on major roads as soon as i recieve the bike so need to be sure

thanks

Can only speak for myself but my bike had red plate and the green book promised in about 1 to 2 months as i've picked my own number. I made sure of all this before i bought it as i didn't want any funny business. In the meantime have been given a cash receipt for buying the bike in full and another paper to show police should i get stopped, basically to say the bike is new and the green book is being processed.

I shouldn't worry too much so long as the bike is bought through a Kawasaki main dealership everything should be straight and legal.

thanks

Policy varies province to province, but in Bangkok there are no red plates for new motorcycles.

If stopped by the BiB you simply have to show the purchase invoice and proof of insurance. There is a time limit for how long you can ride this way. I think it's 2 or 3 weeks from the date of purchase but don't recall for sure.

Incidentally I toured extensively on both my Ninja 250R and ER6n without plates and only got stopped once. Showed paperwork mentioned above and was sent on my way.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi Guys,

Just ordered Er6n via my wife as I am working overseas and quoted 8 weeks wait thats in Khon Kaen. My wife will join me here in 3 weeks time for one month, so when we return to LOS not long to wait for bike.

I have enjoyed reading this thread which pushed my into buy new bike as they sound like lot of fun so very happy now, just need good approved helmet!!!!! looking for Simpson Bandit style helmet, any info would be great or if anyone know shop in BKK which have website for good approved helmets. :)

Congratulations on the new bike!

I've never seen a Simpson brand helmet for sale in Thailand, but there are a lot of shops that stock other popular brands. You can find Shoei, Arai, HJC, Shark, Airoh etc etc quite easily in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. The Thai brand called Real makes some decent DOT certified lids for not a lot of money. While I hear Index now makes some DOT helmets I'm not quite ready to trust my noggin to that brand :D

Not sure about what's available in Khon Kaen though. If you have time I recommend you check some Bangkok shops. Panda Rider, Paddock, Red Baron, FastCorner and Stadium would be on my short list.

If no time for Bangkok I suggest you PM JohnGooding and/or Ray23 as I'm sure they can tell you what's available in Khon Kaen.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi Guys,

Congratulations on the new bike!

I've never seen a Simpson brand helmet for sale in Thailand, but there are a lot of shops that stock other popular brands. You can find Shoei, Arai, HJC, Shark, Airoh etc etc quite easily in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. The Thai brand called Real makes some decent DOT certified lids for not a lot of money. While I hear Index now makes some DOT helmets I'm not quite ready to trust my noggin to that brand :D

Not sure about what's available in Khon Kaen though. If you have time I recommend you check some Bangkok shops. Panda Rider, Paddock, Red Baron, FastCorner and Stadium would be on my short list.

If no time for Bangkok I suggest you PM JohnGooding and/or Ray23 as I'm sure they can tell you what's available in Khon Kaen.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Thanks Tony for info, I have time to find good helmet before bike arrives, did I see some were on this thread that you can buy rear seat plastic cover for Er6n????? any idea?? :D

Stay upright :D

Thanks Tony for info, I have time to find good helmet before bike arrives, did I see some were on this thread that you can buy rear seat plastic cover for Er6n????? any idea?? :D

Stay upright :)

Hiya Bikerman-

Yes, ERMAX makes a passenger seat cowl for the ER6. Looks like this:

ErmaxCowlER6n.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Stay upright :)

Don't hold your breath, they are not the most reliable mob. I had Kawasaki bloke order me one of these and they said 6 days inc paint and delivery. Its now over 2 weeks and still waiting. I transfered a deposit of 1000B and the balance to pay when they are ready to send. Apparently they come ready painted but only in Black, so if you want Orange they have to send to paint shop. Incidently they charge 850B on top of the advertised price for paint. I'm sure when it comes it will look great but take no notice of their promise date......unless you want black and they have stock of course...

Got a horrible feeling that its gonna be 2007 Orange NOT the 2009 Burnt Orange but i'll wait in vain.........

Edited by Rickster

Don't hold your breath, they are not the most reliable mob. I had Kawasaki bloke order me one of these and they said 6 days inc paint and delivery. Its now over 2 weeks and still waiting. I transfered a deposit of 1000B and the balance to pay when they are ready to send. Apparently they come ready painted but only in Black, so if you want Orange they have to send to paint shop. Incidently they charge 850B on top of the advertised price for paint. I'm sure when it comes it will look great but take no notice of their promise date......unless you want black and they have stock of course...

Got a horrible feeling that its gonna be 2007 Orange NOT the 2009 Burnt Orange but i'll wait in vain.........

Whoa, what's going on down there in Phuket?! Re-paint?! Charge 850 Baht?! No way! The ER6n comes from direct from the factory in either Diablo Black or Burnt Orange.

None of the Kawasaki authorized dealers I've been to (BKK, Pattaya, CNX) have a paint shop... Does your Kawasaki dealer in Phuket have a paint shop? I doubt it. I suspect they're sending the bike out to get re-sprayed because they screwed up (intentionally or not) and sold your Orange ER6 to someone else and now they're trying to make you pay for their mistake.

Wow... wonders never cease. TiT I guess.

And what kind of paint job do you expect to receive for 850 Baht?! Yikes!

If it was me I'd demand my money back and order direct from the Bangkok showroom- seems they're the only place that really has their act together...

(Or learn to overcome your fears and ride your BMW :) )

Good luck!

^ Um, so based on your recent post your Orange ER6n isn't Orange, yet? :D:D:)

Plenty of aftermarket bars available for the ER6, but I recall that you think the Japanese engineers are the cats meow and it's silly to mod their perfectly designed motorcycles... Oh well... If you get over your mod-0-phobia let me know and I can recommend some bars you might like.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Stay upright :D

Thanks Tony for info,

Gonna be 2-3 months before back in LOS so my better half can order one for me and with bit of luck all should be ready on my return. :D my bike will be in black.I have good Thai friend who has bike shop in KK and does some really cool airbrushing (custom painted my Suzuki Intruder) so he can paint rear cover no problem. :)

Stay upright and be safe :D one more thing....my Bandit still stuck in Laem Chabang Port so maybe have to right this off now after one year.................pitty it was cracking bike. :D

Tony before you get your knickers in a tangle, quit slurping your spaghetti for a moment and look back at my post and what i was replying to........

Yes it was regarding seat cowls NOT bike resprays :)

Bet your feeling really silly now !!!! DOH

Edited by Rickster

Tony before you get your knickers in a tangle, quit slurping your spaghetti for a moment and look back at my post and what i was replying to........

Yes it was regarding seat cowls NOT bike resprays :)

Bet your feeling really silly now !!!! DOH

LOL- ah... "I had Kawasaki bloke order me one of these" meant seat cowl and not bike. Gotcha! (The Ermax seat cowl btw comes in matt black so needs to be painted regardless of what color your bike is.) Unless you like matt black that is :D

Good to see you are getting over your mod-o-phobia! :D Seat cowl, wider bars, what's next? There may be hope for you after all :D:D:D

Spaghetti? I'm not even Italian... :D

LOL- ah... "I had Kawasaki bloke order me one of these" meant seat cowl and not bike. Gotcha! (The Ermax seat cowl btw comes in matt black so needs to be painted regardless of what color your bike is.) Unless you like matt black that is :D

Good to see you are getting over your mod-o-phobia! :D Seat cowl, wider bars, what's next? There may be hope for you after all :D:D:D

Spaghetti? I'm not even Italian... :)

Weren't trying to say you were Tony....just a saying.................anyway moving on

The reason behind the seat cowl is, i along with another poster, am not keen on the seat shape and as i wont be taking passengers thought the seat cowl would be a nice addition to the seat. As i said i used your link and its in motion now allbeit taking longer than expected. Fingers crossed for the right shade of Orange!!! will update as and when.

The bars are not exactly an issue just something i'll get used to with time. The bars on the K1200 are much wider and my Harley bars silly wide!! so its just what i've been subject to the last year or so. I'll re-assess it after a long ride as that will be more of an indication of how they feel. Anyway its good to know the options are there if needs be. Anyone question why the bar ends are so big, they could be half the size and the grips widened, then i think would be perfect, bloody Japs !!!

Finally, the brakes seem to be a bit spongy. I appreciate they sometimes take time to bed in when new but they seem too spongy as though there is air in the system. The stopability isn't to sharp either so i just wonder how you guys have found your brakes and did they improve through wear. I'm trying not to compare to the K1200 brakes as they are ridiculously superb similarly the Harley brakes are complete <deleted>, so iguess the ER6n brakes fall somewhere between. They just look as though they should have more stopping power and feel but as i said maybe i need to give them a chance.

Other than a few small gripes the bike is just fantastic, fun and a joy to ride. A must for any biker with a few spare quid in their pocket. I really believe the popularity of this bike is going to way exceed Kawasaki Thailands expectations, hence expect price increases..........maybe

Edited by Rickster

Whoa, what's going on down there in Phuket?! Re-paint?! Charge 850 Baht?! No way! The ER6n comes from direct from the factory in either Diablo Black or Burnt Orange.

None of the Kawasaki authorized dealers I've been to (BKK, Pattaya, CNX) have a paint shop... Does your Kawasaki dealer in Phuket have a paint shop? I doubt it. I suspect they're sending the bike out to get re-sprayed because they screwed up (intentionally or not) and sold your Orange ER6 to someone else and now they're trying to make you pay for their mistake.

Wow... wonders never cease. TiT I guess.

And what kind of paint job do you expect to receive for 850 Baht?! Yikes!

If it was me I'd demand my money back and order direct from the Bangkok showroom- seems they're the only place that really has their act together...

(Or learn to overcome your fears and ride your BMW :) )

Good luck!

Isnt his post clearly talking about the rear single seat cover ??

Do they come in burnt orange from factory ??

EDIT :: posted as last post from the previous page.. I see this has been addressed already :D

Edited by LivinLOS

Other than a few small gripes the bike is just fantastic, fun and a joy to ride. A must for any biker with a few spare quid in their pocket. I really believe the popularity of this bike is going to way exceed Kawasaki Thailands expectations, hence expect price increases..........maybe

Two words.. Tail Tidy !!!

Will it be at the offshore for curry night ??

Will it be at the offshore for curry night ??

Ok i know what your saying about the rear, but contrary to what people think i dont mind the back of the bike, that said i might have a different view when the red plate comes off and the dinner plate goes on !!!!

Well i could take it to OS..... but then again last time i went for the curry night ended up quoffing 10 changs !!!

Probably see you later then

Edited by Rickster

Absolutely! If Rickster like the Ermax seat cowl he might like the Ermax Tail Tidy:

ErmaxER6TailTidy.jpg

Pretty slick unit that incorporates turn signals and plate holder. Cost in Thailand about 9000 Baht.

Or the zero Baht Tail Tidy :D

er6nTailMod1Sm.jpg

Or my 50 Baht Tail Tidy :D:D:D

0309ER6Sm.jpg

Nothing fancy but gets the job done! :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

I would go for the 50 baht mod and a pack of 800 baht bizumo LED indicators just poking thier heads out either side..

Always a bit leary the flush mounted ones are not so visible from many angles. I like people to know I am turning.

Edited by LivinLOS

Have to admit the ERMax tail tidy looks the part in the picture but what about when you fix the fugly thai number plate to it, might not look so good. Also i would question the daytime visability of the indicators as LiL says you want people to know your turning......night time i'm sure they are really bright.

If anyone has had this fitted and has the thai plate on already post a pic please as i'd be interested to see how it looks. Again looks like another item that has to go to paint shop for colour coding. I'll wait and see what kind of job they've done on my seat cowl first.

yep i did research...................................if ya dont like it dont buy it.

Allan

Re-read the question Allan, I was talking about the cans on the bike.....ugly cans >>>> is there anything available regarding these yet>>>the bike will do just fine! :)

I imagine the same people who build after market cans for Buells will do something for this travesty of performance.