Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Hey Rickster, did you order the seat cowl from Kawasaki or Ermax? And what was the final bill (incl. paint)?

Ordered the seat cowl from ERMax as per the link Tony provided on another post http://www.ueno-shop.com/

Final bill is going to be around 7500B inc paint and delivery to Phuket.

As i mentioned before its already 2 weeks since ordering and paying a deposit, but i believe they didn't have stock and have sent it for paint. Its been promised for next week so we'll see what happens. If they had the stock and just needed to be sent for paint it may have been the 6 days originally promised.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rickster, my breaks were a little spongy too when I first got the bike, but by about 600km they really sharpened up. Don't know why, but I noticed a difference.

I also don't mind the stock tail. I've never understood why people get upset about having a fender on the back. Guess there must be something wrong with my eyes.

Rickster, my breaks were a little spongy too when I first got the bike, but by about 600km they really sharpened up. Don't know why, but I noticed a difference.

I also don't mind the stock tail. I've never understood why people get upset about having a fender on the back. Guess there must be something wrong with my eyes.

Ok thanks for that info, i've only covered 200 K's so far so its reassuring that they will improve with a bit more usage during the bedding in period. Talked with LivinLos earlier and he mentioned a good point that the brake pad material may be inferior to other brands that may be available on the market so may look out at a later date for alternative suppliers for pads.

I think its easy when you buy something new to start thinking of additional features which may or may not improve the bike aesthetically or productively. Best to wait and see how things grow on the individual and in time decide what you really want to change if anything at all. I think the bike is very pleasing on the eye design wise but as everyone has different tastes its inevitable that modifications will be made to suit each owners needs/perceptions of the ideal ER6n....

I think the bike is very pleasing on the eye design wise but as everyone has different tastes its inevitable that modifications will be made to suit each owners needs/perceptions of the ideal ER6n....

Well I reckon that orange machine is a really slick looking machine in the flesh and a great all rounder for the road conditions here.. Said it before, pics somehow dont do the orange justice..

Only pisser is I had planned to put a 2 tone / flip orange / gold paintjob on the fighter.. and its just too common now :) so need to rethink my plans. Might look for a graphite / gunmetal grey / or silver option.

Don't know if anyone has put this up before, but i just got what i assume is a new-ish 2009 Thai Kwaka brochure, it has the ER6f listed with ABS. Weight is 208 kg, 8 kg more than the ER6n. The f also has a 5mm longer wheelbase due to a 0.5° increase in (steering?) rake and 5mm more ground clearance and seat height. Also “MotoGP-inspired instrumentation”! Colours are Green or Blue. Anyone know the price and when it is due?

The Ninja ZX-10R looks great; 126 kW at 179 kg.

I may have missed it somewhere, but 34 pages is a long read...

Can anyone tell mehwere the Kwacker dealer in Chiang Mai is?

regards Bojo

Bojo, Dealer is on the outside south side of moat, right next to Chineese Embassy, just before the southwest corner..

I may have missed it somewhere, but 34 pages is a long read...

Can anyone tell mehwere the Kwacker dealer in Chiang Mai is?

regards Bojo

here is the address

http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/showroom_north.html

Here is a map

http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/images/new_...changlormap.gif

And here is a list of prices in Chiang Mai with finance deals

http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/showroom_chiengmai.html

Sorry it's all in Thai, but the GF/Wife/Neighbour should be able to help.

(And I've just noticed that the ER6N has won the "Thailand Bike of the Year"

http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/

Well done Kawasaki!)

Edited by 12DrinkMore

sorry, a bit off thread.....But I thought I would show what happens when you let the local "somchai" work on your bike....

Moral of the story.........don't do stoppies if your a fat <deleted> !!! 5555555

A vid of the ER6n and a few other bikes including Zzinged mastering the knee down on his XJR1300 at the BRC track. Please forgive the terrible soundtrack, don't know what I was thinking... :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Wow, your bike sounds great. That exhaust makes it really distinctive from the other bikes on the track, at least it seems so in the video.

Where is the wheelie bro?!

LOL- I popped a few wheelies but none that were caught on tape (and none that were really worthy of being caught on tape) :)

Wait 'till you hear the Two Bros in person- it's crazy loud! icon_buttrock.gif Yours should be here in a few more weeks! :D

your bike does sound like it would be LOUD in person; the ER6 and Yamaha chasing what looks like a modifed KSR brought a simile to our faces.

Cool, thanks.

^ LOL, yeah, quite funny to see that big Dutch guy on the tiny little KSR- but seems he has fun with it and that's what really counts! I had to try hard to not run him over :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Looks nasty to me..

Much prefer the under body and centralized weight of the standard or simple aftermarket cans.

I've always liked the symmetry of twin exhausts. But yes, I agree, I prefer the under body exhaust, maybe somebody could be a bit imaginative and make it symmetric too?

And it's great not to have exposed redhot metal.

your bike does sound like it would be LOUD in person; the ER6 and Yamaha chasing what looks like a modifed KSR brought a simile to our faces.

Cool, thanks.

^ LOL, yeah, quite funny to see that big Dutch guy on the tiny little KSR- but seems he has fun with it and that's what really counts! I had to try hard to not run him over :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Yes Tony you should say sorry about that soundtrack!!!!!!!!

hehehe.

I will join you there when i get mine.

NormanW

Fingers crossed, the seat off my bike is in the chop shop getting a massive reshape. I re-cut it once before and made it way more comfortable while still looking pretty sporty, but it still hurt like h**l after about 30 minutes of riding. So this time I took the girlfriend to the seat shop and had her tell the guy that I don't give a dam_n what it looks like, just make it comfortable. He gave about 10 minutes of suggestions, and I'll pick it up from him tomorrow. If it's not a disaster I'll post a pic. Fingers crossed because I've got a big ride this weekend.

Man I hate the stock seat on this bike, worst ever.

Tony, I have no idea how you can ride 800km at a time on that stock seat. I'm really in awe.

LOL!

Well Dude, after 12,000km in less than 5 months on the Ninja 250R with stock seat I can say that I really have developed an Iron Butt! :D

Honestly- the ~800km run I did from Chiang Rai to BKK on the ER6n was not hard on my rear at all- part of that may have to do with the fact that I was tucked in and resting on the tank for most of the way :) .

I agree with you that the seat on the ER6 can definitely be improved. I'm quite curious to see how your seat turns out and if it's not half bad I may hit you up for a referral. I think ideally I'd like one seat for touring, and another for track. I recall you priced the ER6n seat at Kwackerzaki and if I remember it was less than ~2000 baht?

Happy Trails!

Tony

Tony, I have no idea how you can ride 800km at a time on that stock seat. I'm really in awe.

LOL!

Well Dude, after 12,000km in less than 5 months on the Ninja 250R with stock seat I can say that I really have developed an Iron Butt! :D

Honestly- the ~800km run I did from Chiang Rai to BKK on the ER6n was not hard on my rear at all- part of that may have to do with the fact that I was tucked in and resting on the tank for most of the way :) .

I agree with you that the seat on the ER6 can definitely be improved. I'm quite curious to see how your seat turns out and if it's not half bad I may hit you up for a referral. I think ideally I'd like one seat for touring, and another for track. I recall you priced the ER6n seat at Kwackerzaki and if I remember it was less than ~2000 baht?

Happy Trails!

Tony

Yea, I don't remember the exact price, but that sounds about right. When I first changed it up he added about an inch of height, which was nice on my knees and made shifting and rear braking easier, but made the bike a little less flickable in the corners by raising the center of gravity (COG). I rode the bike around yesterday with no seat on at all and was amazed how easy it was to maneuver sitting 2-3 inches down from where I was. It was more responsive and easier to quickly drop into a lean, a very noticeable difference. Try take the seat off, sit on a folded up towel and just ride around the block. I think it's pretty noticeable when you're turning that the COG is lower.

So considering how much time you put in at the track, I could definitely see the sense in picking up a second seat, and maybe even cutting it down lower than stock. You're butt is off the seat most of the time at Bira anyway right?

I'll pick up the new "Touring Seat" in a few hours, say a prayer for me. He charged 800 baht, can have it back same day, and is only a couple of blocks from your hotel.

anyone know the current stock situation in Pattaya for the ER6n, or waiting time?

Is finance easily available if you have a work permit?

Per Kawasaki HQ yesterday, the ER6n is now back ordered 3 months! Launch of ER6f pushed back to November. Finance not a problem if you have work permit.

I'll pick up the new "Touring Seat" in a few hours, say a prayer for me. He charged 800 baht, can have it back same day, and is only a couple of blocks from your hotel.

Cool man- I look forward to seeing you and your ER6 when the SSR Crew rolls into Chiang Mai tomorrow afternoon. :)

It looks like Givi discontinued it's ER6n windscreen. It's no longer available even on the European Givi sites.

After the road trip this weekend with the SSR guys, I'm more determined than ever to get a screen on this bike. I had at least a hundred dead bugs stuck to my chest and tankbag, and my neck was sore for two days after the trip.

As it seems that no one is going to make a screen for this bike, I've decided to buy something from another bike and fabricate a mount that will work on mine. I've been looking at bikes with the "V" shaped headlight and I might try to buy something from the Z1000. Here are some screens I was looking at that I think might look OK on the ER6

zerogravityz1000.jpg

giviz1000.jpg

mravarioz1000.jpg

mraz1000.jpg

Does anyone else have some suggestions? I'm going to order something this week and take it to the metal shop as soon as it arrives. If you know of any other screens that might look OK post a pic before I order one of these. Thanks!

Liam