Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Big motorbike show going on tomorrow at Central Pattaya.

I went into Pattaya Mitiyon this morning and they told me about lots of bike manufacturers converging on the beach road at about 17:30hrs.

Maybe worth a peep.

I'm still desperate for a rear tyre and can only get a price of about 6k here in Pattaya for a Pirelli Diablo.

Anyone want to bring me one from BKK??????????

Arhhhhhhh!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had my 12k service done today at the dealer on the moat in CM:

- 12k service

- new brake pads

- new tires

- replace license plate which had fallen off somewhere on the MHS loop riding with the SSR and GTR hooligans

They were great as usual and offered to do the paperwork / waiting around for me for the new license plate. Good thing as I don't know where the registration office is and I certainly don't feel like sitting around there for a few hours, either. All I had to do is get a Police report, which took all of 5 Minutes at the police station. Amazingly efficient. Maybe it happens a lot? ;)

Anyway, that part was great.

But... the mechanics were clearly still on holiday. First time I went to pick up the bike, they forgot the brake pads. Double worrying as the front pads were totally gone - meaning they don't even check the pads at the 12k service?!?! They only had the stock pads which I have been told are not so good - oh, well.

Then I went to pick up the bike the second time, and they had put on the wrong tires. The abysmal stock Dunlop Roadsmarts instead of the Bridgestone Battlax I know and love!! Grrr.... lucky I checked. Another half an hour later and everything was OK. New tires make her ride like a new bike, it's awesome.

Ready to ride again!

Arh, the Bridgestone Battlax, I'd forgotten about those, can't get here in Pattaya.

Oh man!

I wish....blink.gif

Arh, the Bridgestone Battlax, I'd forgotten about those, can't get here in Pattaya.

Oh man!

I wish....blink.gif

That's strange... the Battlax are the stock tires for the Kawasaki Ninja 650R so I'd think any Kawa dealer that has this bike can also get these tires. They're excellent ;)

I've read in quite a lot of review of the ER6n that it's considered a suitable beginner's bike even though it's a 650cc!

What do experienced riders think? According to the reviews it's low seat height, easy gear change and manouverability means it's quite forgiving of any mistakes a new rider may make and is therefore very easy to ride. I guess the ABS would help a new rider too. I've always planned on a D-Tracker as my first 'real' bike but after reading about the ER6n I am re-considering. Just wondered if any owners or people with experience of the bike had any opinions/advice etc

Thanks in advance

my GF has gone from Honda CBR150 to NInja 650R. She is abot 155 tall/55 kg, so needs sneekers to reach ground. She does find it a bit heavy, has had one drop from stand still so far. Has to be careful with throttle and clutch to avoid rearwheel slip, both shifting up and down. ABS brakes are fantastic. Due to weight, I guss Ninja 250 would be a better bike for here, but then you dont get ABS. So no plans of 250 for her.

Hi

Does anyone know if there are 2nd hand 2009 ER6n models at BKK or Pattaya Kawa shops I could buy with finance? Preferably orange or black.

Or does anyone want to sell their bike and get monthly installments?? wink.gif

thanks

Hi

Does anyone know if there are 2nd hand 2009 ER6n models at BKK or Pattaya Kawa shops I could buy with finance? Preferably orange or black.

thanks

Yes, there are 2 black er6ns and 2 orange ones in Mitiyon Pattaya.

Hi

thanks

I don't think you can finance a used bike through a dealer. You could always take out a personal loan through your bank right? Good luck!

Hi

thanks

Hiya Mate!

Are those Mityon ER6ns used 2009 model bikes? You wouldn't happen to have noticed the prices?

Ride On!

Tony

Hi

thanks

Hiya Mate!

Are those Mityon ER6ns used 2009 model bikes? You wouldn't happen to have noticed the prices?

Ride On!

Tony

From what I can remember, 1 black 2010 with 1500kms was 230k and an Orange 2009 with 6500kms was 160k.

I will take photos tomorrow and post.

OK.

Looks like I will change the rear tyre in the morning, see pic of my rear as of now with 11k on the clock.

post-52293-075026100 1280642273_thumb.jp

Hi

thanks

I don't think you can finance a used bike through a dealer. You could always take out a personal loan through your bank right? Good luck!

Really? I bought my car 2nd hand at a tend shop and they offered me to finance it. I also bought a used Tiger 200Boxer and paid by installments at an official Tiger outlet...

hmmmm...maybe this is different

How much are they going for at Mitiyon Pattaya?

Anyways...having a hard time convincing my wife that this bike is such a good deal...rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

Hi

thanks

Most dealer finance used bikes. Some keep bike in their name until payed in full, some sell the bike and the loan to sharks, most charge 3% a month on the financed amount, IOW 36% a year, so a 50k bike is 100k on 3 years payments WO down. Thats how the locals purchase, new and used

ER6n, orange, 6500km for just 160.000? Sounds like a very good deal. If they let me pay by installments would be perfect. I will call them tomorrow but if you, Norman, are going there to take pictures, that would be really cool.

Some more positive arguments for the wife! hehelaugh.gif

Hi Markus,

down payment is ~ 80,000 or 82,000 and they have different repayment plans (length varies from 24 to 72 months or similar, I mislaid the printouts but can look for them if you need accurate details). A Thai co-signer should do the trick! Have one? Or a WP with proof of income?

So you gave up on the SR 500?

Chris

Hi Markus,

down payment is ~ 80,000 or 82,000 and they have different repayment plans (length varies from 24 to 72 months or similar, I mislaid the printouts but can look for them if you need accurate details). A Thai co-signer should do the trick! Have one? Or a WP with proof of income?

Chris

Well, I couldn't wait to sell my Bandit to get the SR and now that I finally sold it I found out about this very nice bike. I read all 68! pages here now I can't get it out of my mind!

SR with "not-so-legal" green book, lovely bike, very customizable, great sound, easy to maintain, a classic....about 80~90k pre-customizing (time to sweet-talk wife~couple of weeks)

or

ER6n, 2nd hand, almost new bike, great handling, power etc etc....160-190k....hmmmmm...(time to sweet-talk wife~UNKNOWN)

After dreaming day and night about the SR, I feel like I'm having an affair now. Don't really know what to do now, so will keep mind and ears open and wait until I do.

cheers

PS: I have a work permit with regular income

I'm in Central now and looking at a rear of a 250 Ninja, hmmm, looks like it will fit the er6n.<div><br></div><div>The guy on the stand said it was too dangerous to do it.</div><div><br></div><div>Arhhhhhh, it would look soooooooooooo much better.</div><div><br></div><div>I asked him if/when the Z1000 was coming to Thailand, he said he may know in August.</div><div><br></div><div>If it does, then I can't imagine the price of that thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div><div><br></div><div>

<br></div>

Hi Markus,

Chris

Hi., what is required for finance at the Kawa Shop ? ., put the downpayment is enof ? ., I have a Tourist visa ., i can show proof of income from abroad . , "Retired"

Edited by oMega69

I was assured I could finance without WP and in my name.. Tho I would have had a long stay visa (which you could get.. Do a Language course and get an ED, or go to perth and get a non imm O).. At the time they didnt even ask for a thai guarantor.

Then again the info I have had from this person has been very hit and miss.

I was assured I could finance without WP and in my name.. Tho I would have had a long stay visa (which you could get.. Do a Language course and get an ED, or go to perth and get a non imm O).. At the time they didnt even ask for a thai guarantor.

Then again the info I have had from this person has been very hit and miss.

I believe GE is financing for all the kawa dealers. Just as Tisco and Tanachart they initially want Non Imm B and WP. But if you show them a long term good cashflow through thai account they grant you finance. A thai creditcard history more than one year is also good.

In general 50% down no thai guarantor needed, less thai guarantor usually needed if no previous thai finance record. Some get away with a BG as guarantor.

I've read in quite a lot of review of the ER6n that it's considered a suitable beginner's bike even though it's a 650cc!

What do experienced riders think? According to the reviews it's low seat height, easy gear change and manouverability means it's quite forgiving of any mistakes a new rider may make and is therefore very easy to ride. I guess the ABS would help a new rider too. I've always planned on a D-Tracker as my first 'real' bike but after reading about the ER6n I am re-considering. Just wondered if any owners or people with experience of the bike had any opinions/advice etc

Thanks in advance

Here in Australia, the ER6N is sold as a 'learner bike' with just the addition of a screw in the throttle to limit throttle (that usually falls out at the first service :D)... If you are worried, you might want to see if it is easy to limit the throttle (and therefore the power)...

I am not a learner... I ride everyday here in Australia on a KLR650 for the last 4 years...

I hired a 09 ER6N and a '10 ER6F in November for some rides out of Chiang Mai... I found the ER6N I rode for the first couple of days quite difficult to get used to, maybe because of the tyres, maybe the lack of downforce from the fairings, maybe the chopped up roads on the Mae Hon Song Loop... maybe it just took a while to get used to the bike after the tractor I ride in Australia...

I found the ER6F a great little ride... quite forgiving, and light compared to the KLR650, which, BTW is Learner Legal here in Australia...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Just called Mityon Pattaya and they told me the take only cash for 2nd hand bikes. sad.gif

OK here goes:Basically they have 2 black er6ns and an orange one.

In the showroom is an ABS model with 1500kms @ 225k

888 number plate black one 2009 with 4500kms @ 220k (I know expensive eh? Looks like they have put a premium on that plate?)

Orange 2009 with 12253kms @ 190k

Here are the pics.

post-52293-086584100 1280748292_thumb.jp

post-52293-068867800 1280748326_thumb.jp

post-52293-072163400 1280748472_thumb.jp

post-52293-091822100 1280748496_thumb.jp

post-52293-012905400 1280748539_thumb.jp

post-52293-067719200 1280748590_thumb.jp

post-52293-017248200 1280748623_thumb.jp

Just called Mityon Pattaya and they told me the take only cash for 2nd hand bikes. sad.gif

888 number plate black one 2009 with 4500kms @ 220k (I know expensive eh? Looks like they have put a premium on that plate?)

Here are the pics.

Thanks for the info Norman! dam_n, 160.000 was too good to be true...

Here are the pics.

Thanks for the info Norman! dam_n, 160.000 was too good to be true...

The 160k has been dropped, the others haven't I think. wink.gif

Hi guys,

I have a er6n in Malaysia. I bought it used and it comes with a yoshi. The thing is, it doesn't have the sensor. Has anyone modded or installed one before? Do you use a new sensor or do you salvage it from your original kawa exhaust?

I'm a newbie with bikes but just lvoe the ride..