12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See http://www.gixxer.co...ad.php?t=248512

I suspect the poster has seen one of these, for a 20 usd price and is thinking of just 'eliminating' his problem when in fact all he will do is turn a warning light off and at the same time trash the engine.

Modern electronic bike mods need research. A lot more detail than whacking a non EFI model slip on tailpipe onto an EFI model machine.

Nice to see you have gotten into the idea of actually helping to get to the bottom of this subject, thanks. The others who have chipped in to the thread with nothing more than attitude simply embarrass themselves. We are adults here after all. I'd just like to reiterate that we are not looking for comments about whether or not someone should "suck it up" or "spend more time on other forums" or "go find a UK ER-6N forum" - this is a discussion about something quite technical, so if you dont understand the subject - keep out of the thread. There is also no need to regurgitate that which has already been said, we know that one option is to weld in a bung for the original sensor. Period. We know that, dont repeat it like it is gospel. We are trying to establish if there is a viable alternative, that is what we are discussing here. Please keep your comments about "you should have done more research" and the like, to yourself. It's pathetic.

Now back to the subject :

Here is a link to a "sensor eliminator" I have come across :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250678190633#ht_776wt_1167

The seller told me this : "An o2 sensor is used only to control the emissions and using an o2 sensor eliminator you turn that system to default mode meaning that the ecu is constantly using the standard map and does not lean the mixture."

See

I suspect the poster has seen one of these, for a 20 usd price and is thinking of just 'eliminating' his problem when in fact all he will do is turn a warning light off and at the same time trash the engine.

Modern electronic bike mods need research. A lot more detail than whacking a non EFI model slip on tailpipe onto an EFI model machine.

Nice to see you have gotten into the idea of actually helping to get to the bottom of this subject, thanks. The others who have chipped in to the thread with nothing more than attitude simply embarrass themselves. We are adults here after all. I'd just like to reiterate that we are not looking for comments about whether or not someone should "suck it up" or "spend more time on other forums" or "go find a UK ER-6N forum" - this is a discussion about something quite technical, so if you dont understand the subject - keep out of the thread. There is also no need to regurgitate that which has already been said, we know that one option is to weld in a bung for the original sensor. Period. We know that, dont repeat it like it is gospel. We are trying to establish if there is a viable alternative, that is what we are discussing here. Please keep your comments about "you should have done more research" and the like, to yourself. It's pathetic.

The seller told me this : "An o2 sensor is used only to control the emissions and using an o2 sensor eliminator you turn that system to default mode meaning that the ecu is constantly using the standard map and does not lean the mixture."

more fantastic stuff from ebay? thought someone already scammed you on 500 quit on a can you cant use

Lambda is used as one of many inputs to ECU to control air/fuel mix and timing. Must be conected to exhaust to avoid burned engine. Bottom line.

Or replace/ override ECU totally

O2 or airflow sensor can be tricked

See http://www.gixxer.co...ad.php?t=248512

The seller told me this : " An o2 sensor is used only to control the emissions and using an o2 sensor eliminator you turn that system to default mode meaning that the ecu is constantly using the standard map and does not lean the mixture."

more fantastic stuff from ebay? thought someone already scammed you on 500 quit on a can you cant use

Lambda is used as one of many inputs to ECU to control air/fuel mix and timing. Must be conected to exhaust to avoid burned engine. Bottom line.

Hey KBB, be careful what you say to Mr Mullum. I just had two 'lovely' emails from him because of my previous post, didn't think there was owt wrong with it myself, obviously this whole fiasco is giving him high blood pressure!

Hey KBB, be careful what you say to Mr Mullum. I just had two 'lovely' emails from him because of my previous post, didn't think there was owt wrong with it myself, obviously this whole fiasco is giving him high blood pressure!

Thanks for the warning Skybluestue. This has been a long lasting nice thread until Mullum became present. Lets see if he chooses to cook his engine or install the lambda in Youshi or stock can.

I work on the assumption that if your Lambda sensor is not working and your not in "limp home mode" then something maybe wrong with your engine's CPU. With cars you may have one or 2 sensors out and still drive it normally, but bikes don't usually have as many sensors. If in doubt run a diagnostic test.

post-63954-038632000 1281151021_thumb.jp

Is the eliminator a viable alternative to a sensor ? several people say no (and repeat like parrots "get a bung welded" - like we havent considered that already) but others say yes. Should exhausts come with a sensor pre-installed ? sounds like it would be a good idea, no ? do american bikes, which have no sensor (and no that is not their "work-around"), have burned engines ? of course they dont. So, we look at what the differences are between the 2 systems. That is the discussion, it is obviously above certain people in this thread who have resorted to playground tactics because an outsider has joined in. I see there are still packs of angry dogs roaming around in Thailand.

Thanks to the several contributors who have provided interesting and informed information on the subject. Unfortunately, the background noise from the playground has drowned out the actual discussion.

Yes I PM'd those who attacked me for daring to ask questions rather than just following them like a sheep. I tried to set them straight in an intelligent manner but all I got back was bad language and abuse.

If you would like to find out more on the subject or have anything to add, see you on a well known motorbike forum where the discussion is, well, more mature - and the threads arent hijacked by frothing angry teenagers.

Please include me in the "PM from Mullum club". I prefere to not reply to such PM

He is unable to understand some markets like EuroIII, Calif and LOS requiring clean emission need a Lambdasond, and some dont. He still believes all bikes are identical except for Lambda, and cause some manage without Lambda engaged, all do.

Good luck Mullum

Keep those good times rolling guys. rolleyes.gif

Pirelli track day tomorrow at Bira.

I've gone and booked a round of golf!blink.gif

Arhhhhhhhhhh.angry.gif

I forgot! huh.gif

Well Norman, how did you go? Or are you still down at Bira for some twilight runs?

Keep those good times rolling guys. rolleyes.gif

Pirelli track day tomorrow at Bira.

I've gone and booked a round of golf!blink.gif

Arhhhhhhhhhh.angry.gif

I forgot! huh.gif

Well Norman, how did you go? Or are you still down at Bira for some twilight runs?

Arh, I've just finished playing golf. I didn't get to the track.

We will have to ask Tony (BigbikeBKK) to post some of his videos.

Arhhhhhhh!

Do folks think that the ER6n is worth the extra 95,000 you pay for one over a D Tracker X? Been looking at different global sites and, at todays exchange rates, the price of the D Tracker here in Thailand is less than buying one overseas yet the ER6n is the same price here as it is overseas which makes the D Tracker a bit of a bargain. Have Kawasaki Thailand priced the D Tracker X low or ER6n high bearing in mind that they are both made here in Thailand?

New rubber this morning.<div><br></div><div>6300 baht for Pirelli Dragon Super Corsa 160/60 R17.</div><div>300 baht to fit.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

will replace front next month. blink.gif

How much does the rubber cost? 300 baht is just for the labour, right?

New rubber this morning.6300 baht for Pirelli Dragon Super Corsa 160/60 R17.300 baht to fit.

will replace front next month. blink.gif

How much does the rubber cost? 300 baht is just for the labour, right?

I know it is against the rules to modify quotes but does that answer your question? It was hiding in plain sight. ;)

In Chiang Mai rates jumped from 8k+ to 12k+ at the dealer, just before I bought mine in June and they were pretty honest as to why. Too many accidents. We can debate why that is but popularity, affordability and inexperienced rides come to mind. Those sliders really work by the way.

For example my riding partner just dropped his this last week on one of our morning rides. Wrote about it on my blog.

(Disclaimer: I ride a 650r)

Insurance quotes:

15k Baht and 18K Baht.

How much did you pay for the 2nd year????????

falcon asking 7520 baht for second year Ninja650 covering 160k.

I have bought another secondhand 2010 Ninja650, and kwaker asking 15k baht to cover 160k baht. I passed, so its still not insured

Edited by katabeachbum

Insurance quotes:

15k Baht and 18K Baht.

How much did you pay for the 2nd year????????

falcon asking 7520 baht for second year Ninja650 covering 160k.

I have bought another secondhand 2010 Ninja650, and kwaker asking 15k baht to cover 160k baht. I passed, so its still not insured

Just looked at the Locton renewal from the Kawasaki dealer in Pattaya. The price is 6k Baht covering 160k.

It is very comparable with the other two more expensive quotes.

I' m off there now to renew my insurance and get that new Pirelli tyre on the front.

Keep those good times rolling.wink.gif

Edited by NormanW

Norm you could talk to the insurance provider and I think they will cover a higher sum for an additional premium. I negotiated a similar deal when I bought insurance for my wife's new Honda city that I'd just paid cash for. 160K THB represents a huge drop in value for a bike which you paid 245K THB for last year. If I remember correctly I paid 12 or 14K THB for my second years premium and it covers 180K THB. I was lazy and renewed wqith the same insurance provider I didn't shop around.

Good luck Normski. What happened about the trip to Khao Yai?

Front tyre getting fitted, hang on what's that in the background??????<div><br></div><div><br></div>

wow

I hope you only bought this bike for spare parts and that you weren't sitting on it when it got hit by the asteroid!