Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Norman.. if you want Matt black. Find a good vinyl sticker place and get them to cover the bike. Then if ya get bored or want to sell peel it off again.

One of my students dad did that to his car. Looks good (if ya like matt black) :D

WOW!

What happens when it has to bend round a curve like the tank?

Do they heat it up with a hairdryer or something?

Sounds weird yeh?ohmy.gif

Modern vinyl wraps are thin and can be worked with a heat gun, tho I havent seen anyone in Thailand using the modern 'wraps' only the old style thick vinyl..

http://www.powersportswraps.com/index.php

I kinda liked the stunter urban camo on these..

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Norman.. if you want Matt black. Find a good vinyl sticker place and get them to cover the bike. Then if ya get bored or want to sell peel it off again.

One of my students dad did that to his car. Looks good (if ya like matt black) :D

WOW!

What happens when it has to bend round a curve like the tank?

Do they heat it up with a hairdryer or something?

Sounds weird yeh?ohmy.gif

Modern vinyl wraps are thin and can be worked with a heat gun, tho I havent seen anyone in Thailand using the modern 'wraps' only the old style thick vinyl..

http://www.powerspor...s.com/index.php

I kinda liked the stunter urban camo on these..

Yeh I agree, with the cammo with maybe a big shark's mouth on the front to scare those soi dogs eh?????????????????????????????????????? cool.gif

ER6n "RR" performed surprisingly well at the track today :lol:

0831BiraEr6nRRSm.jpg

Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SCs combined with a one inch drop up front, clip on's below the top clamp and aftermarket rearsets have helped to make the bike very quick and agile and the stock suspension and brakes performed very well. Will hit the track again tomorrow and ask some friends to time me. No speedo so I'm curious to see if she's as quick as she feels.

Ride On!

Tony

Great stuff and i am following the track bike project with interest, I think they are a cheap way to have a lot of fun on the track with. Pity there isn't more tracks around Thailand to get street racers into something good. I wouldn't mind a track day or two, a lot safer than gunning on the public roads.

An update on my IXIL pipe. I removed the baffle it came with and it turns out to be the smaller size than the other it came with so I swapped it out. It was basically the same, just a smaller diameter pipe and holes. Sounds the same just louder (at about the limit I would like it.)But it goes a LOT faster! very easy to do by just removing the four allen bolts and swap it out, 5 minute job. The end cap screws into a solid SS end plate. I think I will carry an allen key and the washer with me so I can pop the baffle out altogether on country rides and let her rip!

Great stuff and i am following the track bike project with interest, I think they are a cheap way to have a lot of fun on the track with. Pity there isn't more tracks around Thailand to get street racers into something good. I wouldn't mind a track day or two, a lot safer than gunning on the public roads.

An update on my IXIL pipe. I removed the baffle it came with and it turns out to be the smaller size than the other it came with so I swapped it out. It was basically the same, just a smaller diameter pipe and holes. Sounds the same just louder (at about the limit I would like it.)But it goes a LOT faster! very easy to do by just removing the four allen bolts and swap it out, 5 minute job. The end cap screws into a solid SS end plate. I think I will carry an allen key and the washer with me so I can pop the baffle out altogether on country rides and let her rip!

Love that IXIL pipe and plan to order one soon! Thanks so much for the contact info Bung! :jap:

Some more pics from the last two days at BIRA.

IMG_5168SSR.jpg

IMG_5169SSR.jpg

IMG_5170SSR.jpg

The Silverlake Grill is the perfect place to relax and unwind and enjoy good food and amazing views after a day at the track.

IMG_5172SSR.jpg

Wringing her neck!!! shooting_smilie2.gif

IMG_5182SSR.jpg

Diablo Supercorsa SCs. Wow, what amazing tires! icon_clap.gif

IMG_5187SSR.jpg

The little 650 "RR" surrounded by some big dogs! GSXR K8 and ZX10R motorcycle2_smilie.gif

IMG_5188SSR.jpg

There were a couple of R1s, a Triumph Sprint ST and a BMW S1000RR too icon_thumbup.gif

Great fun playing cat and mouse with the big bikes. They're obviously much faster down the straights but I had the advantage through the turns. Awesome! icon_mrgreen.gif

Ride On!

Tony

Hi Bung, the holes where the factory mirror screw in look nasty. How about some black plastic plugs?

And now you can't fit a "Throttlemeister" throttle lock.....but you can still fit aftermarket cruise control!

post-63954-055273900 1283475038_thumb.jp

Hi Tony, good to hear all went well. Now, if you could only record your lap times.

Yes, I love how some of the newer sport bikes have built in lap timers- very cool. As for me, I think I'll just rely on the old school technique of someone standing there with a stopwatch :lol:

Here's a compilation of videos I put together from the two days at BIRA. We really got lucky with the weather- two perfect days in the middle of the rainy season B) Awesome!

I'm bummed the Kawasaki MiniGP has been delayed a week. I wanna race! :lol:

Ride On!

Tony

Hi Bung, the holes where the factory mirror screw in look nasty. How about some black plastic plugs?

And now you can't fit a "Throttlemeister" throttle lock.....but you can still fit aftermarket cruise control!

You know, I drove all over Auckland one afternoon looking for some but didn't find any....I will be on the look out but may end up fitting mirrors back into the original spot if I can find some for the right price....I think I need the bar end weights to reduce vibes although the bar end mirrors can be mounted around the bars, just need to slide the grips in a bit and then can fit bar ends.

Got some sliders on the way, should make me feel a bit better, the stock tyres aren't exactly confidence inspiring....

Got some sliders on the way, should make me feel a bit better, the stock tyres aren't exactly confidence inspiring....

Are you running Dunlop Roadsmarts or Bridgestone Battlax BT021s? The Dunlops are crap IMO while the Bridgestones are really quite good for a "sport touring" tire. Best road tire for aggressive riding on the EX650 that's easily sourced in Thailand has to be the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro. Not cheap but amazing grip in all conditions. For sport touring I think the Bridgestone Battlax BT021 is the best value.

Ride On!

Tony

Hi Tony, good to hear all went well. Now, if you could only record your lap times.

Yes, I love how some of the newer sport bikes have built in lap timers- very cool. As for me, I think I'll just rely on the old school technique of someone standing there with a stopwatch :lol:

Here's a compilation of videos I put together from the two days at BIRA. We really got lucky with the weather- two perfect days in the middle of the rainy season B) Awesome!

Ride On!

Tony

Arh, I can't see the vids.sad.gif

Ride On!

Tony

Arh, I can't see the vids.sad.gif

Now I can, the wonders of computing eh. great stuff.

Are you running Dunlop Roadsmarts or Bridgestone Battlax BT021s? The Dunlops are crap IMO while the Bridgestones are really quite good for a "sport touring" tire. Best road tire for aggressive riding on the EX650 that's easily sourced in Thailand has to be the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro. Not cheap but amazing grip in all conditions. For sport touring I think the Bridgestone Battlax BT021 is the best value.

Ride On!

Tony

Dunlops....As they come standard, they are pretty crap, some new rubber will be on the to do list when I get back next time. My W650 running IRC's felt more stable than these, I really can't corner with the standard set ups.

Trouble with these sorts of things is they are made in China and basically crap. you will soon lose an led or two then it won't look so flash will it? Or a ride in the rain, lights fail completely and Somchai blasting along behind you is going to have an easy explanation to the cops when he rear ends you.....

Trouble with these sorts of things is they are made in China and basically crap. you will soon lose an led or two then it won't look so flash will it? Or a ride in the rain, lights fail completely and Somchai blasting along behind you is going to have an easy explanation to the cops when he rear ends you.....

Actually, the TunerX integrated tail light is made in Taiwan and is an excellent product.

ER6IntegratedTailLightGif.gif

I've had one of these on my Ninja 650R for nearly 20,000km and have had no problems with it at all. Cheap, easy to install and looks great. TunerX ships from Taiwan to Thailand in 4-5 days and I've ordered a bunch of these for Thai friends here and I've never been charged duty and have never heard of one of these breaking.

On an ER6n:

071010ER6nWhtBkSSR.jpg

On my Ninja 650R:

071010Ninja650RBkSSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Actually, the TunerX integrated tail light is made in Taiwan and is an excellent product.

ER6IntegratedTailLightGif.gif

I've had one of these on my Ninja 650R for nearly 20,000km and have had no problems with it at all. Cheap, easy to install and looks great. TunerX ships from Taiwan to Thailand in 4-5 days and I've ordered a bunch of these for Thai friends here and I've never been charged duty and have never heard of one of these breaking.

On an ER6n:

071010ER6nWhtBkSSR.jpg

On my Ninja 650R:

071010Ninja650RBkSSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Looks like I'll require Tony's services as I don't have a credit card.

Tony I will sms you and we could put one in with my new slider???????biggrin.gif

Together with green chain and black front and rear sprockets and WOW!

Oh yeh, and don't forget those Alpinestars black leathers!!!!!!!

Sweet ecstasy or wot?

What yer think?smile.gif

Keep those good times rolling. cool.gif

Edited by NormanW

Ride On!

Tony

Ahhhhhhh! :blink: The video got to 3.03 and it locked up the computer! At least I got to hear that sweet twin for a wee while. ;)

1 yr old. 9 months warranty left, 1,500km.... 175,000b.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/2009-kawasaki-er-6n-for-sale-66000.html

I likes that depreciation. :blink:

At this rate I may be able to get one in about 3 years. :D

Carazy to think of people spending nearly this much on questionably legal, older 400s.

Edited by thomo

Yeah saw that myself.. at 1500 kms thats a nice price..

yep...I called the guy (Thai) straight away, but it was sold already...ermm.gif no surprise

PS: pic is not an ER6n, but thought you might enjoy it ayway

(and no dirty thoughts, that's my wife!)laugh.gif

post-47052-072415300 1283857619_thumb.jp

Edited by mezcal

yep...I called the guy (Thai) straight away, but it was sold already...ermm.gif no surprise

Nice taste in bikes and women!!!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Mezcal has got it made! wai.gif

Thanks, the wife is mine but the bike is my brother's...

He's got a nice collection: Ducati 900SS 1976, Ducati 750SS 1974, Ducati 350 197?, BMW R50 1956, Moto Morini Corsarino 50, Aprilia RS 125 and a ultra modified Piaggio Ciao...............and NO wife!

Tell me, who's got it right now!?!? blink.gifunsure.gif

post-47052-085750600 1283863042_thumb.jp

Thanks, the wife is mine but the bike is my brother's...

He's got a nice collection: Ducati 900SS 1976, Ducati 750SS 1974, Ducati 350 197?, BMW R50 1956, Moto Morini Corsarino 50, Aprilia RS 125 and a ultra modified Piaggio Ciao...............and NO wife!

Tell me, who's got it right now!?!? blink.gifunsure.gif

Your brother!

Maybe we can persuade him to buy an ER6????????????

Sweet ride! (The bike that is)

Sorry, couldn't help myself:)

I'm considering buying a new ER6n, but have to do it by installments. The exchange rate for the Euro is in free fall, so I rather keep them for better times...ermm.gif

Does anyone know if there is a penalty for paying off before the end of the 2 (or 3) years? Is it possible to pay, lets say, 2 installments at once?

Is a Thai guarantor needed? I have work permit and regular income.

Has anyone payed or is paying with finance and what are your experiences?

thanks for your help!

are the good time gonna roll or what!?biggrin.gif