Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

1.000km service is

2 liter oil 300 baht

oil filter 350 baht

labour 100-300 baht

make sure they note it in your service book, and take the warranty 1.000km-slip and send it to kwaker bkk. If not warranty lost

^^ that's right. Several thousand is certainly taking the piss...

that has been known to happen to farangs in Thailand :whistling:

Edited by wana

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys.

Maybe it is written through this forum but no time to check all.

I am about to buy a second hand Kawasaki er6n abs for a very good price.

But, i heard from a close source to Kawasaki that the new 2012 er6n will be rolling in Thailand at the end of this year.

All i know, there will be slight changes on the bike mostly at the looks department but i am not super sure. Maybe more on suspension and engine? (as Versys is using an upside down shock and different swing arm)

Does anyone knows something about it? As the guy is eager to sell the bike to me and give me a very good discount from the asked price. Is that the reason why he is that eager to sell it?

Please guys a fast answer, i do not want to lose this opportunity as well if there will be no new Er6n.

Thanks in advance.

yes

Looks like another photoshopped pic of what people think the bike will look like based on rumours. I have heard from a reliable source, as have other people, that the 2012 bike will be upgraded and could look very similar to that pic. I hope so as I'm placing a deposit on one next week :)

hi guys.

But, i heard from a close source to Kawasaki that the new 2012 er6n will be rolling in Thailand at the end of this year.

All i know, there will be slight changes on the bike mostly at the looks department but i am not super sure. Maybe more on suspension and engine? (as Versys is using an upside down shock and different swing arm)

Does anyone knows something about it? As the guy is eager to sell the bike to me and give me a very good discount from the asked price. Is that the reason why he is that eager to sell it?

Please guys a fast answer, i do not want to lose this opportunity as well if there will be no new Er6n.

Thanks in advance.

Plenty of speculation, but who knows till it comes? And when?

Depends on your budget and whether you want new or used, and if the rumoured changes matter enough for you to take the chance on waiting?

Boy, wouldn't life be boring if it wasn't for all these choices!

Cheers.

hi guys.

Thanks in advance.

Probably best for you to wait and see.

Not before you pm me his details though.

At a recent factory tour a lucky few got to see the new model ER6n and it's a stunner, but unlike past tours they are really keeping this one under wraps and pictures and cameras were strictly forbidden.

The new model will cost about 10-15k baht more and it will be worth it.

Kawasaki said they'll unveil the new model ER6n in Thailand in November and the new model Ninja 650R shortly thereafter.

Imagine if you will a cross between a Triumph Speed Triple (minus the bug eyes) and the Kawa Z1000 and the torque of the Versys KLE650 combined with the horsepower of the ER6n EX650 and that's about what you can expect plus a few other nice touches.

She's a real beauty and I think that's part of why Kawasaki is keeping her a secret, because if one picture gets out, sales of the current model will die as everyone waits for the 2012 model.

Let the Good Times ROLL!

T

32436486523460746915.jpg

At a recent factory tour a lucky few got to see the new model ER6n and it's a stunner, but unlike past tours they are really keeping this one under wraps and pictures and cameras were strictly forbidden.

The new model will cost about 10-15k baht more and it will be worth it.

Kawasaki said they'll unveil the new model ER6n in Thailand in November and the new model Ninja 650R shortly thereafter.

Imagine if you will a cross between a Triumph Speed Triple (minus the bug eyes) and the Kawa Z1000 and the torque of the Versys KLE650 combined with the horsepower of the ER6n EX650 and that's about what you can expect plus a few other nice touches.

She's a real beauty and I think that's part of why Kawasaki is keeping her a secret, because if one picture gets out, sales of the current model will die as everyone waits for the 2012 model.

Let the Good Times ROLL!

T

32436486523460746915.jpg

Versys swingarm has been mentioned. Did you notice?

Timthai: So Loserlazer, there's your reason to wait... You might as well give Hehehoho the guy's number... He might finally trade the CBR and get a Kawasaki!

First wait for the news. Man, first i would like to change my cbr if possible:) She is dying

Big bike BKK, please provide us more info man. I know you are long term kawa fan so you have to be ready to tell the differences right away. new suspensions, engine etc. what changes else/

Thanks.

Timthai: So Loserlazer, there's your reason to wait... You might as well give Hehehoho the guy's number... He might finally trade the CBR and get a Kawasaki!

First wait for the news. Man, first i would like to change my cbr if possible:) She is dying

Big bike BKK, please provide us more info man. I know you are long term kawa fan so you have to be ready to tell the differences right away. new suspensions, engine etc. what changes else/

Thanks.

Like I said, it was a factory tour, not a new model release- we walked past the 650 assembly line and saw about 20 new 2012 model ER6n's but we couldn't get close to them and as I said before, no cameras allowed.

As I said in previous post, best way to describe the styling is a cross between the distinctive SPEED TRIPLE frame and Z1000 styling, instruments and split seat.

Frame is completely new. Swingarm is all new, not from the Versys.

There was no Q&A so I don't know if it's steel or aluminum.

Suspension LOOKED unchanged, but again, I couldn't get close enough- perhaps they've finally added preload and damping to the forks and damping to the rear- you can't see that from a distance.

New instrument cluster is on the bars, Z1000 style, and we were told it will have a lot more features than the current very basic instruments.

Also, as mentioned before, engine is basically the same, but we were told it will have more torque while keeping about the same horsepower as the current model.

That's really all I know. Like I said she's a BEAUTY. The first two generations of the ER6 were great bikes but a bit fugly IMO.

Ride On!

T

This is great news and pretty much confirms what my source mentioned earlier this month (as mentioned within my posts over on the ninja 650 thread)

Are these tours are available to anyone or just to a select few Tony? I might screw a spy cam into my retina and take some snap shots :D

I am a great fan of the Speed Triple and Z1000, if it looks as good as what those two models do i may take the naked version over the 'F'.

Edited by karlos

Thanks.

Like I said, it was a factory tour, not a new model release- we walked past the 650 assembly line and saw about 20 new 2012 model ER6n's but we couldn't get close to them and as I said before, no cameras allowed.

As I said in previous post, best way to describe the styling is a cross between the distinctive SPEED TRIPLE frame and Z1000 styling, instruments and split seat.

Suspension LOOKED unchanged, but again, I couldn't get close enough- perhaps they've finally added preload and damping to the forks and damping to the rear- you can't see that from a distance.

New instrument cluster is on the bars, Z1000 style, and we were told it will have a lot more features than the current very basic instruments.

Also, as mentioned before, engine is basically the same, but we were told it will have more torque while keeping about the same horsepower as the current model.

That's really all I know. Like I said she's a BEAUTY. The first two generations of the ER6 were great bikes but a bit fugly IMO.

Ride On!

T

Thanks for the update Tony, if they can make the bike anywhere near as attractive as the street triple/z1000 they'll be onto a winner. It's a great format for Thai roads but that front end was a big downer, and not just in terms of looks.

I can fix the fugly headlight for a couple of thousand baht, but does the bike have upside down forks now? My ksr110 bought in 2007 for just 56,000 baht has them, so why not a 260,000 baht er6n? I think the Versys also has USD forks, so I'm really hoping they put this on the er6n as well.

Thanks.

Ride On!

T

Thanks for the update Tony, if they can make the bike anywhere near as attractive as the street triple/z1000 they'll be onto a winner. It's a great format for Thai roads but that front end was a big downer, and not just in terms of looks.

I can fix the fugly headlight for a couple of thousand baht, but does the bike have upside down forks now? My ksr110 bought in 2007 for just 56,000 baht has them, so why not a 260,000 baht er6n? I think the Versys also has USD forks, so I'm really hoping they put this on the er6n as well.

I was wondering about the USD's too BUT that's one of reasons the Versys sells, so i doubt Kawasaki would shoot themselves in the foot. Tony did mention that he couldn't see any differences with the bikes suspension at such a distance (preload on the front, rebound, & compression front and rear) but i'm sure he would have spotted USD's if the bike had them fitted in the factory, i would love for the ninja650 to have USD's but as with previous models i think when my bike arrives (2012 ninja 650) it'll be kitted out with the exact same chassis as the ER6N, i just hope it has some adjustment upfront and rear, that would keep me happy :)

Just finished building a new ER6n track bike for a friend- here she is all finished, just waiting for a new rear brake line as the shop I usually use ran out of fittings.

BriansER6nComplete.jpg

I stripped the bike and removed all lights, signals, most bodywork, and the ABS lines, sensors and pump unit. I left the ABS wiring harness in place should the owner ever wish to re-install the ABS.

Steel swingarm has been upgraded to lighter and stronger Aluminum Versys swingarm. Had the new needle bearings and ball bearing pressed into the swingarm by Kawasaki. Other new parts required for the swap include circlip, spacers, collars, oil seals, a new swing arm shaft, chain adjusters with nuts and bolts, chain guard and a new D.I.D chain.

Stock shock replaced with height adjustable YSS shock with progressive spring adjustable for preload and damping

Front end dropped 300mm and stock handlebars replaced with adjustable Aluminum clip on bars.

Brake upgrades: Spiegler Performance Steel Brake Lines and EBC HH Sintered Pads.

Replaced stock exhaust with TWO BROTHERS RACING Carbon Fiber Slip On

Installed PowerCommander V Fuel Injection Controller + Autotune Wide Band O2 Sensor

Removed airbox baffles and plugged the "PAIR valve" clean air emissions system.

Removed all pollution control canisters and evap charcoal box.

Removed stock steel stays and replaced with Billet Aluminum Adjustable Race Rearsets

TWO BROTHERS Racing Carbon Fiber Exhaust

Power Commander V + Autotune

Billet Aluminum Adjustable Race Rearsets

Spiegler Performance Steel Brake Lines

EBC HH Sintered Brake Pads

Billet Aluminum Clip On Bars

Versys Swingarm + parts

D.I.D. 520 Chain

YSS Versys Rear Shock

Pirelli Diablo Superbike SC2

BriansER6nComplete1.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony :jap:

good work tony, one question as you know much about this bike. I wanna go with a different head light which is much slimmer and the fit will be straight on the forks so the problem iam seeing is the big tachometer and its housing. Ive seen some er6n mods and the relocated the meter on the tank which i dont like. I was thinking to make custom holders to place the meter more near the handlebars and a different housing to make it more slim and to fit to the slimmer headlight. So is there some space to reduce the size of the housing? Or its necessary cause of all the cables, connections etc?

good work tony, one question as you know much about this bike. I wanna go with a different head light which is much slimmer and the fit will be straight on the forks so the problem iam seeing is the big tachometer and its housing. Ive seen some er6n mods and the relocated the meter on the tank which i dont like. I was thinking to make custom holders to place the meter more near the handlebars and a different housing to make it more slim and to fit to the slimmer headlight. So is there some space to reduce the size of the housing? Or its necessary cause of all the cables, connections etc?

There's plenty of space- remove two screws and you can remove the meter cover and you'll see that it's mostly just empty space in there. Another option for you would be to replace the stock instruments with smaller aftermarket gauges such as KOSO.

Example from K-Speed:

KSpeedER6nMeter.jpg

Understand what you're saying about not wanting to mount the gauge on the tank like they did on this LSL ER6n:

400x267_LSL-KwakER6n_43welte.jpg

Putting the gauges outside of your peripheral vision makes them pretty much useless IMO.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Ride On!

Tony

Sounds fantastic, thanks for the info!! I want that engine in the Versys... ;)

There's plenty of space- remove two screws and you can remove the meter cover and you'll see that it's mostly just empty space in there. Another option for you would be to replace the stock instruments with smaller aftermarket gauges such as KOSO.

Example from K-Speed:

Understand what you're saying about not wanting to mount the gauge on the tank like they did on this LSL ER6n:

Putting the gauges outside of your peripheral vision makes them pretty much useless IMO.

Ride On!

Tony

Thanks Tony, kinda like the er6n meter and wana keep it. That KOSO i have on my cbr but on the er6n; i don't know. Just ordered the LSL urban light waiting for its arrival then its time to play.

Example from K-Speed:

Ride On!

Tony

Thanks Tony, kinda like the er6n meter and wana keep it. That KOSO i have on my cbr but on the er6n; i don't know. Just ordered the LSL urban light waiting for its arrival then its time to play.

Koso has dozens of different gauges. The REAL Motorsports Kawasaki dealer on Ramkamhaeng has a bunch of different gauges in stock. I've never replaced a stock instrument cluster on a bike with something aftermarket, but there are certainly a lot of options out there.

Thanks.

Ride On!

T

thanks for the info Big bike bkk.

it made me think more and more and it looks like i have to choose between a er6n new model -reliable and fully legal, a honda cbr 600rr - i was driving one before in my country so i know the bike - or a cbr 400rr - cheap but old. Still, it is in very good condition all the way from 1995.

Buddha, help me on my decision..jap.gif

Thanks.

Thanks.

Ride On!

T

thanks for the info Big bike bkk.

it made me think more and more and it looks like i have to choose between a er6n new model -reliable and fully legal, a honda cbr 600rr - i was driving one before in my country so i know the bike - or a cbr 400rr - cheap but old. Still, it is in very good condition all the way from 1995.

Buddha, help me on my decision..jap.gif

Thanks.

I have the exact dilemma but after several months deliberating and knowing that that Kawasaki had something up their sleeve i decide to hold out for the 2012 Ninja 650.

I can't afford to run the risk with a 6 year old CBR600RR, ZX6R, R6, CBR954RR etc, not only would i be sure that i'd have to spend tens of thousands if something minor was to go wrong, i'd also have to wait a long time for those overly priced parts to arrive in Thailand. There's also the uncertainty of Green Books, i know of someone (not a friend) Who buys bikes without Green Books then gets his Wife's friend to sort a book out.... So even if a second hand supersport bike has a book is it real one....??? Only the insurance company would look far enough into that when they try to find reasons not to pay out to third parties :(

Maybe i have been a little to arssy about the situation and i'm sure there are many fine examples out there, but if this is going to be you only big bike for the meantime in Bangkok then go for the Kwaker, less hassle. Later on i intend to add a proper sports bike to my collection and when it breaks down i'd still have the Kwaker (with it's book, warranty, parts supply) to enjoy at the weekends :)

Just my opinion and chosen path and enjoy your machine. Karl :)

Edited by karlos