Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Congrats on the new bike!

You never got around to installing those green inserts?

What's with the new brake lever and master cylinder assembly? Did you upgrade the original?

And those other bagged parts are what? Axles? As they're still in original packaging you should be able to return them if you held on to the receipt.

Chances are the axles will fit the new model and I wouldn't be surprised if the master cylinder assembly is the same too.

Looking forward to seeing your new ride!

Congrats again!

T

Cheers mate, no they wouldn't take them back. Didn't even take them out the packets!! Unreal.

You know what I'm like for keeping things clean, I was going to replace them to keep the bike looking tip top.

Arhhhh!!!

7K baht wasted???????

That could go towards the new bike man.

Disappointed sad.gif

Yeh, I got the inserts in a long time ago, won't need them with the new bike which has a different design on the rear grab handles which will be straight off together with that plastic cliff hanging over the back tyre!!!

hehe.

just curios and to lazy to check myself, is the master cylinder and lever made by NISSIN Thailand or NISSIN Japan?

the covers are just a couple of hundred baht, just got a pair for my 2011post-81971-0-36695800-1321791002_thumb.j

Just says nissin. Can't see Thailand or Japan.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

T

Cheers mate, no they wouldn't take them back. Didn't even take them out the packets!! Unreal.

You know what I'm like for keeping things clean, I was going to replace them to keep the bike looking tip top.

Arhhhh!!!

7K baht wasted???????

That could go towards the new bike man.

Disappointed sad.gif

Yeh, I got the inserts in a long time ago, won't need them with the new bike which has a different design on the rear grab handles which will be straight off together with that plastic cliff hanging over the back tyre!!!

hehe.

just curios and to lazy to check myself, is the master cylinder and lever made by NISSIN Thailand or NISSIN Japan?

the covers are just a couple of hundred baht, just got a pair for my 2011post-81971-0-36695800-1321791002_thumb.j

Just says nissin. Can't see Thailand or Japan.

post-52293-0-45739100-1321796019_thumb.j

post-52293-0-22367700-1321796036_thumb.j

post-52293-39319_thumb.jpg

Wow congrats!!! And yeah 250 makes sense :)

Kawasaki told me that Thailand will only get black or white colours so I plumbed for the white.rolleyes.gif

Today they told me it will be in their showroom (Pattaya) on 30th now.mad.gif

p.s. I've got some brand new parts for sale if you are interested?wink.gif

Here they are.

P.M. for details.

NormanW

Keep those good times rolling.jap.gif

Hey norman, thats the brake lever right? Just fuxxed mine up, how much?

237 Baht each :) Gotta love those cheap as chips Kawasaki parts! KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

Makes one wonder how much profit Kawasaki UK are making on the single seat cover, as they weigh in at 160 (8000Baht) i'm sure / hope they'll be cheaper here in Thailand though :)

237 Baht each :) Gotta love those cheap as chips Kawasaki parts! KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

Makes one wonder how much profit Kawasaki UK are making on the single seat cover, as they weigh in at 160 (8000Baht) i'm sure / hope they'll be cheaper here in Thailand though :)

Someone in the US with a LOT of free time figured out how much it would be to build a Ninja 650R from scratch using OEM retail parts. It came out to something like $32000!!! :blink:

We're not allowed to link to other forums on ThaiVisa, but it's in the 650R section of Kawiforums if anyone cares to have a look. :)

Wow congrats!!! And yeah 250 makes sense :)

Kawasaki told me that Thailand will only get black or white colours so I plumbed for the white.rolleyes.gif

Today they told me it will be in their showroom (Pattaya) on 30th now.mad.gif

p.s. I've got some brand new parts for sale if you are interested?wink.gif

Here they are.

P.M. for details.

NormanW

Keep those good times rolling.jap.gif

Hey norman, thats the brake lever right? Just fuxxed mine up, how much?

cost me 6045baht last week. 5k to you. jap.gif

Someone in the US with a LOT of free time figured out how much it would be to build a Ninja 650R from scratch using OEM retail parts. It came out to something like $32000!!! :blink:

We're not allowed to link to other forums on ThaiVisa, but it's in the 650R section of Kawiforums if anyone cares to have a look. :)

Yeah i saw that too over on BRP.... or Kawi...... I'm looking to buy the OEM seat cowl when i pick my bike up in December, i hope the price is a little more realistic here in Thailand :)

Yeah i saw that too over on BRP.... or Kawi...... I'm looking to buy the OEM seat cowl when i pick my bike up in December, i hope the price is a little more realistic here in Thailand :)

The Thai's have been cranking out good quality copies of the Exmax seat cowl which of course costs a fraction of the original.

EX650SeatCowlsSSR.jpg

It'll probably be a month or two before they've got one ready for the new model.

The Thai's have been cranking out good quality copies of the Exmax seat cowl which of course costs a fraction of the original.

EX650SeatCowlsSSR.jpg

It'll probably be a month or two before they've got one ready for the new model.

Looks like you have just provided a solution to the over priced Kawasaki unit, were there colour match issues with these EXMAX parts before, my Ninja will be in candy green.....

EX650SeatCowlsSSR.jpg

Looks like you have just provided a solution to the over priced Kawasaki unit, were there colour match issues with these EXMAX parts before, my Ninja will be in candy green.....

The Kawasaki metallic paints, such as Candy Lime Green are two tone, so a bit tough to color match, but I know some folks who can do it. PM me if you need a referral. Happy Trails! Tony :jap:

Different question here guys...

What is the optimum speed for the ER6F for fuel consumption?

I don't really understand how the engines work, is it low RPM while riding, or should I keep it at a certain range? ex. 6500-7500RPM?

I was reading that the ER6F was very frugal (not at 200kph) but at other speeds, what are those speeds???

Thanks for all your help guys...

Considering my next bike, was that absolute top speed or just what you got it to at the time?

Bone stock they'll do about 210. Minor mods got mine up to 220 indicated.

These bikes aren't really built for speed. If top end is what you're after you'd be better off looking at proper supersports. :)

Considering my next bike, was that absolute top speed or just what you got it to at the time?

When I first bought my ER6 it could only hit 198km/hr indicated no matter how long of a straight. When I took it to the track it could hit 163km/hr (gps) on the straight at BIRA, now with arrow exhaust and a diet it does 177km/hr. I don't think it had much left after that, I've had it to bonanza circuit which has the longest straight of any of the race tracks in thailand and still only reached 177km/hr (gps).

I don't really understand how the engines work, is it low RPM while riding, or should I keep it at a certain range? ex. 6500-7500RPM?

I was reading that the ER6F was very frugal (not at 200kph) but at other speeds, what are those speeds???

have never seen a fuel curve, but would guess 4-7k rpm. below 3k with aftermarket exhaust it struggles, and at 7500 it kicks in

Bone stock they'll do about 210. Minor mods got mine up to 220 indicated.

These bikes aren't really built for speed. If top end is what you're after you'd be better off looking at proper supersports. :)

I have to concur with this.

Forget top speed if looking at a 650 Kwacker.

For me the buzz is in the acceleration and budget.

Keep those good times rolling.

post-52293-0-05238900-1321940384_thumb.j

When I first bought my ER6 it could only hit 198km/hr indicated no matter how long of a straight. When I took it to the track it could hit 163km/hr (gps) on the straight at BIRA, now with arrow exhaust and a diet it does 177km/hr. I don't think it had much left after that, I've had it to bonanza circuit which has the longest straight of any of the race tracks in thailand and still only reached 177km/hr (gps).

Was that before or after you had the TPS replaced?

How fast have some of you guys gotten the er6 up to?

I m on my 4th Ninja650, and stock they stop at 200-210, replaced exhaust at 210-220kmh. 95 E10 gasohol, 100kg rider

Have u ever clocked by gps?

The speedos are about 10% optimistic, so 220 indicated is more like ~200 actual.

The new model has an 'ECO' dial on the digital display which illuminates when you're riding the bike at it's optimum efficiency for the bikes current gear and speed. :)

How fast have some of you guys gotten the er6 up to?

I m on my 4th Ninja650, and stock they stop at 200-210, replaced exhaust at 210-220kmh. 95 E10 gasohol, 100kg rider

The speedos are about 10% optimistic, so 220 indicated is more like ~200 actual.

yep, gps has been 4-8% less on my 4 bikes

its not a bike for top speeds, above 160kmh it becomes flimsy, not really sure if the fairings improve aerodynamics at all

still a great bike, beat them over and over and all they want is an almost free service every 6k km, and dirt cheap to buy and run

Looks like somebody suits a Z1000.

Hard choice between that and an er6n???? 555

post-52293-0-12903500-1321942513_thumb.j

post-52293-0-87386500-1321942517_thumb.j

post-52293-0-69341500-1321942521_thumb.j

post-52293-0-87028200-1321942524_thumb.j

I think it was before but I don't think it made any difference in top speed. My ER6n is still around the same as Luke's but I do remember yours being faster on the straights.

Tony,

Did u ever take your ER6f to BIRA? Was it faster then your ER6n?

I think it was before but I don't think it made any difference in top speed. My ER6n is still around the same as Luke's but I do remember yours being faster on the straights.

Tony,

Did u ever take your ER6f to BIRA? Was it faster then your ER6n?

is 2 Bros faster than the others?

I just swapped today on my 2010 Ninja650, from Leo Vince, and not sure if 2 Bros sound just increase my adrenaline pumps capacity, or if it really is faster. Sure more fun :D