Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Considering my next bike, was that absolute top speed or just what you got it to at the time?

When I first bought my ER6 it could only hit 198km/hr indicated no matter how long of a straight. When I took it to the track it could hit 163km/hr (gps) on the straight at BIRA, now with arrow exhaust and a diet it does 177km/hr. I don't think it had much left after that, I've had it to bonanza circuit which has the longest straight of any of the race tracks in thailand and still only reached 177km/hr (gps).

Anyone happen to know the straight lengths for BIRA and Bonanza or have ran a quarter mile?

Does the ER6 use a paper or foam element for the air cleaner?

Thanks fellas.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Considering my next bike, was that absolute top speed or just what you got it to at the time?

When I first bought my ER6 it could only hit 198km/hr indicated no matter how long of a straight. When I took it to the track it could hit 163km/hr (gps) on the straight at BIRA, now with arrow exhaust and a diet it does 177km/hr. I don't think it had much left after that, I've had it to bonanza circuit which has the longest straight of any of the race tracks in thailand and still only reached 177km/hr (gps).

Anyone happen to know the straight lengths for BIRA and Bonanza or have ran a quarter mile?

Does the ER6 use a paper or foam element for the air cleaner?

Thanks fellas.

My top speeds on the straight are taken from my laptimer, so at BIRA I actually enter the straight at +/-110km/hr on the ER6

Was that before or after you had the TPS replaced?

I think it was before but I don't think it made any difference in top speed. My ER6n is still around the same as Luke's but I do remember yours being faster on the straights.

Tony,

Did u ever take your ER6f to BIRA? Was it faster then your ER6n?

I don't recall my Ninja 650R being any faster down the straight at BIRA than the ER6n.

Since the 650R is heavier and the engines and gearing are identical I assumed the 650R would be a bit slower...

Had an Arrow on the 650R and a TWO BROS on the ER6n.

Ride On!

Tony

dsc0878ndSSR.jpg

Was that before or after you had the TPS replaced?

I think it was before but I don't think it made any difference in top speed. My ER6n is still around the same as Luke's but I do remember yours being faster on the straights.

Tony,

Did u ever take your ER6f to BIRA? Was it faster then your ER6n?

I don't recall my Ninja 650R being any faster down the straight at BIRA than the ER6n.

Since the 650R is heavier and the engines and gearing are identical I assumed the 650R would be a bit slower...

Had an Arrow on the 650R and a TWO BROS on the ER6n.

Ride On!

Tony

dsc0878ndSSR.jpg

And here is the difference in sound:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jonniethai#p/u/41/m8a6jjdu0Yc

Fitting immobiliser alarm system to 650 Ninja

Do you know anyone in Bangkok who can fit an immobiliser alarm system to my ER650F?

I have the full wiring diagrams for the bike and the Cyclone alarm but I don’t feel confident / competent to do it myself!!!

Tiff

Am looking to put some new tyres on my er and would like to put on the pirelli angels.

The thing is that the guy at the shop told me that those tyres are not the best option for the er and are normally put on the hayabusha

he advised me to use the diablo rosso II instead

has anyone got some experience with the angels

Am not doing any track days but cruise the mountains and have long highway trips kamphaeng phet --chiang mai --bangkok

what size of tyres should i use?

Dirk

Edited by pipsocalyps

Just trying to organise all black sliders for the new bike.

Here are what Kawasaki Pattaya have on offer.

Engine sliders 2250 baht- mushroom type

Bar ends (Australian) 875baht These are really thin and I don't know if they'll fit. Have a look at the packet (attached).

Swing arm 850baht

This time I would like front axle sliders but the discreet ones.

post-52293-0-29236900-1322363560_thumb.j

post-52293-0-05516400-1322363587_thumb.j

post-52293-0-39183900-1322363601_thumb.j

Bar ends (Australian) 875baht These are really thin and I don't know if they'll fit. Have a look at the packet (attached).

Swing arm 850baht

post-52293-0-33904600-1322363748_thumb.j

Am looking to put some new tyres on my er and would like to put on the pirelli angels.

The thing is that the guy at the shop told me that those tyres are not the best option for the er and are normally put on the hayabusha

Am not doing any track days but cruise the mountains and have long highway trips kamphaeng phet --chiang mai --bangkok

Dirk

What shop advised you against the Angels? And advised putting a sport touring tire like the Angel on a Busa?!?!

IMO the Angels are really no better than the stock Bridgestone BT021's. (Or depending on the model year of your bike you may have the Dunlop "Ditchmaker" Roadsmarts or Sportmax? Fine for touring, but really not at all suited for track.

Diablo Rosso is an excellent tire suitable for road and track, but perhaps more aggressive than you need?

The new Bridgestone BT023 that replaces the BT021 has received rave reviews and should be cheaper than the Pirellis...

Ride ON!

T

Swing arm 850baht

Unless Kawasaki has changed the handlebar those bar ends won't work with your new ER6n... :(

Swing arm 850baht

Unless Kawasaki has changed the handlebar those bar ends won't work with your new ER6n... :(

Arh, I thought so. Cheers jap.gif

As for the tyres, I couldn't have put it better myself Tony. wink.gif

Keep those good times rolling. jap.gif

Dirk

What shop advised you against the Angels? And advised putting a sport touring tire like the Angel on a Busa?!?!

IMO the Angels are really no better than the stock Bridgestone BT021's. (Or depending on the model year of your bike you may have the Dunlop "Ditchmaker" Roadsmarts or Sportmax? Fine for touring, but really not at all suited for track.

Diablo Rosso is an excellent tire suitable for road and track, but perhaps more aggressive than you need?

The new Bridgestone BT023 that replaces the BT021 has received rave reviews and should be cheaper than the Pirellis...

Ride ON!

T

I use Rosso II and swear by then as you know.

However, I wouldn't hesitate using the new bridgstones because Nicky on his Versys round Bira came in the pits singing their praises. biggrin.gif

They were smoking a bit together with his standard brakes pads. Unlike my EBCs hehehe.

Edited by NormanW

Swing arm 850baht

The new bars are the same bronze colour as the new frame of which I am immediately going to cover in matt black plastic like I did with the top of the forks on my previous bike.

The new bar clamps also hold the new instrument shroud.

post-52293-0-85449200-1322377883_thumb.j

Swing arm 850baht

The new bars are the same bronze colour as the new frame of which I am immediately going to cover in matt black plastic like I did with the top of the forks on my previous bike.

The new bar clamps also hold the new instrument shroud.

Thinking about it Tony, those alloy coloured rear sets will be coming straight off!!! bah.gif

Have you any black ones that will fit? wink.gif

With the Leo Vince and Ohllins on there shouldn't be too much silver on there. bah.gif

post-52293-0-89149800-1322379009_thumb.j

Norman you mentioned Leo Vince?

Will you be fitting a full system because the new ER6-N and the F both have one piece exhaust systems, i'm going to have to buy a full arrow system or something similar providing the new 'F' model's belly pan doesn't get in the way of how the 2011 model exhaust systems would mount up to a 2012......

Norman you mentioned Leo Vince?

Will you be fitting a full system because the new ER6-N and the F both have one piece exhaust systems, i'm going to have to buy a full arrow system or something similar providing the new 'F' model's belly pan doesn't get in the way of how the 2011 model exhaust systems would mount up to a 2012......

I don't know of any shops in Thailand that stock a full system (headers plus can) for the EX650.

All the shops I know in Bangkok only stock slip ons. (Perhaps because on the 2009-2011 model there really isn't much gain to be had from replacing the headers with aftermarket.)

Of course now with the 2012 model there will be much more demand for full systems so no doubt some shops will start stocking them sooner or later.

Not 100% sure that exhausts designed for the 2009-2011 model will fit on the new 2012 model. As Thailand is the first country where the bike has gone on sale it's likely that the exhaust manufacturers in the US and Europe haven't even started working on a new full system yet.

Cheapest full system for the older model is by ARROW Racing. Here's the cheapest full system ARROW I've found:

http://www.pipecity.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/Search/A650NFA/ProductID/469638

Of course, once you add shipping and tax it ain't so cheap anymore ;)

Another thing to consider- these bikes run quite lean to begin with, so once you open up the exhaust with a full system you'll probably want to install a fuel injection controller to sort your fueling. I doubt the bike would run so lean as to burn the pistons or valves, but who knows... Better safe than sorry, and anyway, these bikes tend to run way better when you get the fueling fattened up to match the mods.

Ride On!

Tony

Thinking about it Tony, those alloy coloured rear sets will be coming straight off!!! bah.gif

With the Leo Vince and Ohllins on there shouldn't be too much silver on there. bah.gif

Yeah, I'm not very fond of the new stays on the 2012, but eyeballing the 2012 bikes in the showroom it appears the mounting points may be different on the new bike so I'm not sure if 2009-2011 rearsets will fit.

2012ER6nRHStaySSR.jpg

2012 model stay above, distance between mounting points on the 2009-2011 model below-

IMG_1077ssr.jpg

Hmmmm.... 2009-2011 model rearsets MIGHT work. Want to come over and try? :)

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Yeah, I'm not very fond of the new stays on the 2012, but eyeballing the 2012 bikes in the showroom it appears the mounting points may be different on the new bike so I'm not sure if 2009-2011 rearsets will fit.

2012ER6nRHStaySSR.jpg

2012 model stay above, distance between mounting points on the 2009-2011 model below-

IMG_1077ssr.jpg

Yeah, will do mate.

Arh, the Leo Vince is more chew than I'd hoped. A rethink maybe the way??

Now where is my hack saw??biggrin.gif

2012ER6nRHStaySSR.jpg

IMG_1077ssr.jpg

Yeah, will do mate.

Arh, the Leo Vince is more chew than I'd hoped. A rethink maybe the way??

Now where is my hack saw??biggrin.gif

It shouldn't be too hard to get a muffler shop to make you a connecting mid pipe to connect your stock headers with an aftermarket slip on if you decide the cut your system in two B)

Dirk

Ride ON!

T

I use Rosso II and swear by then as you know.

However, I wouldn't hesitate using the new bridgstones because Nicky on his Versys round Bira came in the pits singing their praises. biggrin.gif

They were smoking a bit together with his standard brakes pads. Unlike my EBCs hehehe.

Yes but those were the Bridgestone BT003 which are too soft for everyday use but very good for track use.

And yes! Standard Versys brake pads suck :ph34r: .

I would recommend BT023's for everyday touring tyres and Rosso 2 for sport/track tyres.

Just wondering, why did Kawa decide to make the exhaust system in 1 piece...

Cost? Cheaper to build?

Trying to stop people from swapping slip ons (warranty)?

Norman if I were you I would have a shop CHOP the standard exhaust and make a connection piece for the Leo to fit.

Just wondering, why did Kawa decide to make the exhaust system in 1 piece...

Cost? Cheaper to build?

Trying to stop people from swapping slip ons (warranty)?

Norman if I were you I would have a shop CHOP the standard exhaust and make a connection piece for the Leo to fit.

probably logistic/cost. 3 parts less to install at assembly

problem with modifying stock exhaust is, if you have a warranty claim, it will be turned down with modded exhaust.

2009-2011 slip on, just replace can with stock before claiming

Part of the reason Kawasaki made the exhaust one piece might have something to do with the new EU laws about owners not being allowed to modify a motorcycle's exhaust system in any shape or form.

Making the system one piece would put some people off of having to buy a full system in order to obtain a louder exhaust note.

Also warranty reasons as mentioned above too.

Forgot to mention that Real motorsport had both the black and the white ER6-N on display today, all models in stock are waiting for their owners to come and collect them.

Two sailed out of the showroom today and i must say the black model looks better than the white/black in my opinion.

Your ER should be ready to collect from your local dealer soon Norman :)

Forgot to mention that Real motorsport had both the black and the white ER6-N on display today, all models in stock are waiting for their owners to come and collect them.

Two sailed out of the showroom today and i must say the black model looks better than the white/black in my opinion.

Yippeeee, nice 1.

Yeh, they told me before that the 30th was THE date they started to arrive.

They've told me the 10th for mine.

Hmm, so black looks better eh?

Might have to change my mind.

As for the exhaust, I'll just cut it in two and slip on the Leo for a great experience. Kawasaki have done something regarding the ECU and the like together with the standard exhaut note but it won't be anything like the Leo Vince.

We'll see.

post-52293-0-85662700-1322703387_thumb.j

Yippeeee, nice 1.

As for the exhaust, I'll just cut it in two and slip on the Leo for a great experience. Kawasaki have done something regarding the ECU and the like together with the standard exhaut note but it won't be anything like the Leo Vince.

We'll see.

I'll have to change my avatar now eh jap.gif

Keep those good times rolling. biggrin.gif

Just got back from the Kawasaki dealers in Pattaya - the 2012 model ER6n's were just being off loaded from the delivery truck...

In the flesh its one hell of a nice looking bike and parking it next to the old model, you can see what a significant improvement the new model it is....

much to my missus's delight, all the ones delivered were sold and a 4 month delivery was quoted.....

shame they are not doing the yellow one in Thailand....

Edited by johnboy3739w

Yippeeee, nice 1.

We'll see.

I think both colours look nice Norman and i would be happy with either, but the black bike looks just a little meaner than the white front end, just my opinion :)

I have to wait until early - mid December to get my ninja 650, i'm 4th on the list but my contact told me he would confirm the exact date and allow me to come and purchase her early on the morning of the bike's release date.

So it looks like it's going to be a race between me and Norman to see who'll be first to hack off that nasty standard exhaust can, who will be the first???... Stay tuned to find out :D