Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Just got back from the Kawasaki dealers in Pattaya - the 2012 model ER6n's were just being off loaded from the delivery truck...

In the flesh its one hell of a nice looking bike and parking it next to the old model, you can see what a significant improvement the new model it is....

much to my missus's delight, all the ones delivered were sold and a 4 month delivery was quoted.....

shame they are not doing the yellow one in Thailand....

And I popped in after they phoned me today to say "They're in".

Must have just missed you.

Yeh, it's a close thing - black or white I must admit.

As for the exhaust we'll have to buy the old front headers and then slip on the slip on hehe.

Because as you can just make out in one of the photos, both pipes (which are now balanced by the way) enter the triple cat converter box.

Moving on, the rear sets are rubber mounted and wobble all over the place. Not mentioning the fact that they cover a hell of a lot of the new rear swing arm (which I am going to cover in matt black plastic to get that real contrast look).post-52293-0-23694200-1322744584_thumb.j

Phew!

post-52293-0-30175700-1322744606_thumb.j

post-52293-0-40357800-1322744631_thumb.j

post-52293-0-91591600-1322744644_thumb.j

post-52293-0-56776000-1322744657_thumb.j

post-52293-0-10863100-1322744701_thumb.j

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got back from the Kawasaki dealers in Pattaya - the 2012 model ER6n's were just being off loaded from the delivery truck...

In the flesh its one hell of a nice looking bike and parking it next to the old model, you can see what a significant improvement the new model it is....

much to my missus's delight, all the ones delivered were sold and a 4 month delivery was quoted.....

shame they are not doing the yellow one in Thailand....

And I popped in after they phoned me today to say "They're in".

Must have just missed you.

Yeh, it's a close thing - black or white I must admit.

As for the exhaust we'll have to buy the old front headers and then slip on the slip on hehe.

Because as you can just make out in one of the photos, both pipes (which are now balanced by the way) enter the triple cat converter box.

Moving on, the rear sets are rubber mounted and wobble all over the place. Not mentioning the fact that they cover a hell of a lot of the new rear swing arm (which I am going to cover in matt black plastic to get that real contrast look).post-52293-0-23694200-1322744584_thumb.j

Phew!

The plastic tail, shock, grab bars standard Dunlop roadsmart tyres and mirrors will be immediately removed.

Next, Pirelli Rosso IIs, Leo Vince, black rear sets and matt black plastic on.

Keep those good times rolling.jap.gif

What colour did you decide on Norman? :)

I'm pretty much removing everything you said except the tyres (They are fine for long trips up north or down south) :)

I was also thinking along the same lines as you about buying the manifold from last year's bike and fitting a slip on, but even second hand i think the manifold / headers would set you back 5k plus, might be better off just buying the arrow headers instead or if you can wait buy a full 2012 system when avaliable.... I don't think i can wait, i'm not riding around on a bike that sounds like a weed whacker! :D

The American Tail unit is grab handle-less and i like the deep styling line that follows on from the front of the bike, i'm going to try to hunt one down as soon as my dealer has a part list and numbers

post-59428-0-04728800-1322747792_thumb.j

What colour did you decide on Norman? :)

I'm pretty much removing everything you said except the tyres (They are fine for long trips up north or down south) :)

I was also thinking along the same lines as you about buying the manifold from last year's bike and fitting a slip on, but even second hand i think the manifold / headers would set you back 5k plus, might be better off just buying the arrow headers instead or if you can wait buy a full 2012 system when avaliable.... I don't think i can wait, i'm not riding around on a bike that sounds like a weed whacker! :D

The American Tail unit is grab handle-less and i like the deep styling line that follows on from the front of the bike, i'm going to try to hunt one down as soon as my dealer has a part list and numbers

I ordered a white one.

wow, that grab handle free conversion looks OK on paper. Will have to see how it looks in real life.

wow, that grab handle free conversion looks OK on paper. Will have to see how it looks in real life.

The ER6-N isn't available in America, so if you do decide to do this mod, you'll need to order the plastics from a Ninja 650, which only come in black (which is the same as the black ER6-N), green or red (Export model), if you decide to buy a white ER6-N then i am sure a decent spray shop can match the colour for you :)

I'm dead set on swapping that back end over, and Pattaya is only 45 mins from me, if you would like to 'see before you buy' then i'll pop down and show you mate :)

Here's a couple more photos of that American only ninja 650 back end, photos will be as close as we in Thailand will get to seeing it until i hunt the part number down and convert my ninja 650 :)

P.S the first picture (although not an ER6-N) was Photoshopped by myself to show what the back end would look like with no number plate / license plate holder and spray guard. excuse the colour coded side trims and hugger, i was experimenting with what i want to do to the bike :D

post-59428-0-93176400-1322749036_thumb.j

post-59428-0-75395300-1322749454_thumb.j

post-59428-0-90513000-1322749468_thumb.j

Edited by karlos

The ER6-N isn't available in America, so if you do decide to do this mod, you'll need to order the plastics from a Ninja 650, which only come in black (which is the same as the black ER6-N), green or red (Export model), if you decide to buy a white ER6-N then i am sure a decent spray shop can match the colour for you :)

I'm dead set on swapping that back end over, and Pattaya is only 45 mins from me, if you would like to 'see before you buy' then i'll pop down and show you mate :)

Here's a couple more photos of that American only ninja 650 back end, photos will be as close as we in Thailand will get to seeing it until i hunt the part number down and convert my ninja 650 :)

P.S the first picture (although not an ER6-N) was Photoshopped by myself to show what the back end would look like with no number plate / license plate holder and spray guard. excuse the colour coded side trims and hugger, i was experimenting with what i want to do to the bike :D

Yeh right that would be great, I would appreciate that.

Had another look today as well as start one up and twist the throttle a little. Sounds crap in a word!

I will try and look for the o2 sensor later to see if it is a straight swap sort of thing.

As for the rear sets, the rear brake switch is bolted on the right hand side. So, it may be a little iffy to fit an aftermarket set. Tony will let us know I'm sure.

You can see from the photo I took today.

One way to get round of those alloy rear sets is fit the standard black ones that are fitted to the f???

Here are some pics. Nice little window to see the rear brake fluid level. Yes the bike is better quality for sure to be sure.

One thing I am disappointed about is the piffling Kawasaki sticker (and you know it's a sticker) on the tank - AWFUL!

post-52293-0-63634600-1322839545_thumb.j

post-52293-0-50341200-1322839556_thumb.j

post-52293-0-97377200-1322839564_thumb.j

post-52293-0-67740100-1322839571_thumb.j

post-52293-0-73420500-1322839586_thumb.j

post-52293-0-12089100-1322839596_thumb.j

I agree with Normski the sticker on the tank looks pants. The rear pegs are very flimsy compared to my 2009 model. A bloke rocked up on a 2012 er6n and it sounds a lot quieter than the previous model. I have the stock exhaust and quite like it, but I wasn't impressed with the new model. The white isn't a patch on the black sorry Normski. The black looks quite mean but the white looks a bit camp. The best colour is yellow. I'll check out the new Monster 796 next wekk then make a decision about my new 2012 ride

seeing it now in flesh my first impression is gone, don't like the bully tank. Front light is better than on the old but still not perfect :P

Norman hows the new in terms of riding compared to the old?

Don't know yet, I'm still waiting delivery.

Kepp those good times rolling.

I agree with Normski the sticker on the tank looks pants. The rear pegs are very flimsy compared to my 2009 model. A bloke rocked up on a 2012 er6n and it sounds a lot quieter than the previous model. I have the stock exhaust and quite like it, but I wasn't impressed with the new model. The white isn't a patch on the black sorry Normski. The black looks quite mean but the white looks a bit camp. The best colour is yellow. I'll check out the new Monster 796 next wekk then make a decision about my new 2012 ride

Help yourself to a Ducati on the third road Pattaya Big Guns.

Ducati Pattaya is right opposite the Dance Studio.

Way over my price range at my time of life ;)

post-52293-0-42349800-1322976033_thumb.j

post-52293-0-14792400-1322976042_thumb.j

post-52293-0-18726100-1322976052_thumb.j

Just to wet your appetite Norman, i found someone who has already fitted several pipes to the previous generation's downpipes and also fitted a full arrow system too.

I think i'm going to take the route of a full arrow set up, or buy the arrow headers and see what end cans will fit the arrow headers, i'm assuming all end cans should fit the arrow headers providing arrow produces a single size for both the standard and their headers. :)

I'm going to keep a close eye on this guy's thread (link below) and see if he dynos the bike, i'd like to know if he fits a PCv or not and if not what his A/F ratio is

Excuse the broken English translation http://translate.goo...HktfU0KC5mohPMw

Edited by karlos

Just to wet your appetite Norman, i found someone who has already fitted several pipes to the previous generation's downpipes and also fitted a full arrow system too.

I think i'm going to take the route of a full arrow set up, or buy the arrow headers and see what end cans will fit the arrow headers, i'm assuming all end cans should fit the arrow headers providing arrow produces a single size for both the standard and their headers. :)

I'm going to keep a close eye on this guy's thread (link below) and see if he dynos the bike, i'd like to know if he fits a PCv or not and if not what his A/F ratio is

Excuse the broken English translation http://translate.goo...HktfU0KC5mohPMw

Arh right OK.

I have yet to look at the new bike for the O2 sensor.

Keep in touch, as the standard exhaust really is crap. You can hear the cams not the exhaust if you know what I mean.

Cheers

The O2 sensor is located in the exact same location as last year's model and will conform to the industry standard thread pitch and diameter, so no problems at all fitting the O2 sensor into the previous generation's exhaust can, the arrow even comes with one pre-welded :)

Skip straight to 3:20 on this youtube video

, which shows just how pathetic the stock exhaust sounds while on the move, one of the guys manages to make a nice groan from the engines induction, which is nice... Edited by karlos

The O2 sensor is located in the exact same location as last year's model and will conform to the industry standard thread pitch and diameter, so no problems at all fitting the O2 sensor into the previous generation's exhaust can, the arrow even comes with one pre-welded :)

So do Leo Vince, 2 Brothers and Akropovic I v had or have on my 650s

TWO BROS does not have a sensor port on the S-pipe. Probably because it's designed for the US model which doesn't have an exhaust sensor.

TWO BROS does not have a sensor port on the S-pipe. Probably because it's designed for the US model which doesn't have an exhaust sensor.

as I got my 2 Bros secondhand I cant say where its sourced, but it sure was manufactored with sensor port

kwaker phuket sell them new, and they all come with sensor port, again dont know where they source them

I popped into Kawasaki (Pattaya) yesterday.

33 unfilled orders for the 2012 er6-n, which equates to a 3-month waiting list. All old er6-n models have been sold. 2012 er6-f not yet being produced, so the salesman said. "Wait another 2 months."

FYI

33 unfilled orders for the 2012 er6-n, which equates to a 3-month waiting list. All old er6-n models have been sold. 2012 er6-f not yet being produced, so the salesman said. "Wait another 2 months."

FYI

Now then Briggsy, I also popped in yesterday and they told me mine was due on the 27th December. I ordered about a month or so ago putting down a 5k deposit.

245k to pay plus 1st class insurance etc.

as I got my 2 Bros secondhand I cant say where its sourced, but it sure was manufactored with sensor port

kwaker phuket sell them new, and they all come with sensor port, again dont know where they source them

Yeh, I popped in yesterday to look at the sensor and it is indeed in the same place as before.

The only solution though for putting on an after market pipe is to change the new front headers to the old ones. As the pipe entering the big cat box is very wide and impossible to modify so that you can slip on a pipe and then fasten it.

So when I get mine I will have new tyres and new balanced headers sitting in the kitchen until I trade in for the 2015 model hehehe.

I asked how much the front headers would be and they said about 6k Baht.

What I still have to establish is whether we can just bolt on say a Leo Vince with the top bolts as I don't know how the new exhaust is secured.

I also took the opportunity to take both seats off and photo the new fork frame which is just like the ZX frames.

Keep those good times rolling.

post-52293-0-28424400-1323575274_thumb.j

post-52293-0-40073600-1323575289_thumb.j

post-52293-0-92009800-1323575307_thumb.j

FYI

Now then Briggsy, I also popped in yesterday and they told me mine was due on the 27th December. I ordered about a month or so ago putting down a 5k deposit.

So, can we surmise from that that

a ) the real waiting time is 2 months but they say 3 months to avoid disappointment and allow some room for manouevre.

b ) you got in early and the waiting list has grown

c ) there has a production delay

d ) a combination of the above

Have fun with your Christmas present. I personally preferred the old design and colours, still these things can grow on you.

Think I'll stick to my CBR for the moment until I am feeling a little bit more rash than I was yesterday. ;)

FYI

a ) the real waiting time is 2 months but they say 3 months to avoid disappointment and allow some room for manouevre.

Have fun with your Christmas present. I personally preferred the old design and colours, still these things can grow on you.

Think I'll stick to my CBR for the moment until I am feeling a little bit more rash than I was yesterday. ;)

hahaha, nice 1. This is Thailand after all.

Yeh, nowt wrong with a CBR jap.gif

Any photos Briggsy?

FYI

hahaha, nice 1. This is Thailand after all.

Yeh, nowt wrong with a CBR jap.gif

Any photos Briggsy?

I also took the opportunity to take both seats off and photo the new fork frame which is just like the ZX frames.

ZX6R is aluminum frame, EX650 is steel frame. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Yes Tony, I meant the frame shape sorry jap.gif

Maybe we could do a 'one off' titanium frame as our 'track special'.

What do you think????

Live for today biggrin.gif

ZX6R is aluminum frame, EX650 is steel frame. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Yes Tony, I meant the frame shape sorry jap.gif

Maybe we could do a 'one off' titanium frame as our 'track special'.

What do you think????

Live for today biggrin.gif

Lolz! Gotcha. Well, not to beat a dead horse, but I still don't see how the aluminum ZX6R frame resembles the steel EX650 frame...

09ZX600R_STRIP_RF.jpg

ZX6r above, EX650 below-

2010Kawasakier6n_19SSR.jpg

Live to Ride! Ride to Live! :lol:

I asked how much the front headers would be and they said about 6k Baht.

What I still have to establish is whether we can just bolt on say a Leo Vince with the top bolts as I don't know how the new exhaust is secured.

That is very cheap!

I know there's not much to the ER's headers but i thought they would have been a bit more than that, i guess it's lucky we live in Thailand ;)

If you are going to splash out 6k on the standard headers would it not be worth going that little further and buying some Arrow headers?

I understand that there might be less need for a Power commander if you purchase the stock 2011 headers over the Arrow headers but bearing in mind the ecu of the 2012 bike has been completely re-programed, meaning that even replacing the stock exhaust (if it were possible) for last years stock headers might still require fuel alterations. What i'm trying to say is, stock 2011 headers with a Leo Vince slip-on might need a power commander due to the totally different exhaust design and different ECU map of the 2012 model compared to last year's model, so if you have to go down the route of a power commander, the 6k spent of stock Kawasaki 2011 headers might be better invested in some nice arrow headers :)

Fewww, glad i manged to write that down with out confusing myself too much :D

Edited by karlos

That is very cheap!

I know there's not much to the ER's headers but i thought they would have been a bit more than that, i guess it's lucky we live in Thailand ;)

If you are going to splash out 6k on the standard headers would it not be worth going that little further and buying some Arrow headers?

I understand that there might be less need for a Power commander if you purchase the stock 2011 headers over the Arrow headers but bearing in mind the ecu of the 2012 bike has been completely re-programed, meaning that even replacing the stock exhaust (if it were possible) for last years stock headers might still require fuel alterations. What i'm trying to say is, stock 2011 headers with a Leo Vince slip-on might need a power commander due to the totally different exhaust design and different ECU map of the 2012 model compared to last year's model, so if you have to go down the route of a power commander, the 6k spent of stock Kawasaki 2011 headers might be better invested in some nice arrow headers :)

Fewww, glad i manged to write that down with out confusing myself too much :D

Yeh, can you get Arrow headers here?

AP Shop had been experimenting with their 2012 ER6-N (I post the link on the previous page)

Their Arrow header would of been imported, but just how many they imported i'm not sure. I'll try and give them a call on Tuesday and see what they have, if they do have some more in stock i would expect them to be pretty picey compared to importing directly from the states (even including all taxes)

There's no price for the headers on this site but subtract the price of the aluminum slip-on and the header works out to be $225

http://www.pipecity.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/Search/A650NFA/ProductID/469638