Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

I also took the opportunity to take both seats off and photo the new fork frame which is just like the ZX frames.

ZX6R is aluminum frame, EX650 is steel frame. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Yes Tony, I meant the frame shape sorry jap.gif

Maybe we could do a 'one off' titanium frame as our 'track special'.

What do you think????

Live for today biggrin.gif

Lolz! Gotcha. Well, not to beat a dead horse, but I still don't see how the aluminum ZX6R frame resembles the steel EX650 frame...

09ZX600R_STRIP_RF.jpg

ZX6r above, EX650 below-

2010Kawasakier6n_19SSR.jpg

Live to Ride! Ride to Live! :lol:

Arhh!

I am a dreamer cool.gif

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AP Shop had been experimenting with their 2012 ER6-N (I post the link on the previous page)

Their Arrow header would of been imported, but just how many they imported i'm not sure. I'll try and give them a call on Tuesday and see what they have, if they do have some more in stock i would expect them to be pretty picey compared to importing directly from the states (even including all taxes)

There's no price for the headers on this site but subtract the price of the aluminum slip-on and the header works out to be $225

http://www.pipecity....roductID/469638

I'm trawling the tinternet now for pics and prices.

I lose the will to live at the thought of the sound of the standard exhaust 1zgarz5.gif

AP Shop had been experimenting with their 2012 ER6-N (I post the link on the previous page)

Their Arrow header would of been imported, but just how many they imported i'm not sure. I'll try and give them a call on Tuesday and see what they have, if they do have some more in stock i would expect them to be pretty picey compared to importing directly from the states (even including all taxes)

There's no price for the headers on this site but subtract the price of the aluminum slip-on and the header works out to be $225

I lose the will to live at the thought of the sound of the standard exhaust 1zgarz5.gif

Here we go: Beautiful headers :)

Keep those good times rolling. jap.gif

Here we go: Beautiful headers :)

post-52293-0-52395100-1323660861_thumb.j

I have seen those before, they look more shiny than the Arrow headers but the Arrows look better designed, but hey...... Anything to rid the bike of the weed whacker sound ;)

Correct, I couldn't find any detailed pics of the Arrow headers. Can you post one please? jap.gif

I have seen those before, they look more shiny than the Arrow headers but the Arrows look better designed, but hey...... Anything to rid the bike of the weed whacker sound ;)

Correct, I couldn't find any detailed pics of the Arrow headers. Can you post one please? jap.gif

Nice wheelie.

Sorry Norman all i could find this morning before popping out to Kawasaki myself was the tiny pictures on Arrow's website :(

But i did find out something more that might interest you as well as others while at Kawasaki todaym, those standard 2011 headers your quoted at 6000B, well i asked about them today and i was shown the price 3600B!!

And now i'm going to contradict myself........ for the price of the Arrow headers one could buy standard 2011 headers and a power commander, or once proven there is no need for the power commander on the 2012 bike with a slip-on and the 2011 headers, one could buy a nice slip on and the 2011 headers for an all in cost of 20,000B, Happy days!!! :)

Sorry Norman all i could find this morning before popping out to Kawasaki myself was the tiny pictures on Arrow's website :(

But i did find out something more that might interest you as well as others while at Kawasaki todaym, those standard 2011 headers your quoted at 6000B, well i asked about them today and i was shown the price 3600B!!

And now i'm going to contradict myself........ for the price of the Arrow headers one could buy standard 2011 headers and a power commander, or once proven there is no need for the power commander on the 2012 bike with a slip-on and the 2011 headers, one could buy a nice slip on and the 2011 headers for an all in cost of 20,000B, Happy days!!! :)

In a word "WOW".

This could cost me 3600 baht tops!!!

Fingers crossed man.

Thanks for the info.

Keep those good times rolling.

I also popped into Ducati Pattaya on the third road today, just to drool at the 848 EVO in matt black.

My new Kawasaki er6n plus 500k Baht.

Ouch!!!

In a word "WOW".

This could cost me 3600 baht tops!!!

Fingers crossed man.

Thanks for the info.

Keep those good times rolling.

I also popped into Ducati Pattaya on the third road today, just to drool at the 848 EVO in matt black.

My new Kawasaki er6n plus 500k Baht.

Ouch!!!

I'd love one of those too, but the ninja 650 will have to be my Christmas, New Year and 30th Birthday present for me :D

it might have even been 3200B, my mind was on other things due to my friend showing me the arrival date for the first batch of Ninja 650's....... All i can say (to prevent his bottom being slapped by his manager) is that my Christmas Present will be quite early this year :)

Anyone headed down to BRC for the Kawasaki minigp on Saturday? Looks like I might get the weekend off work and was thinking about racing for a bit of fun.

Would of if I had a bike hehehe.

Next time man.

Keep those good times rolling jap.gif

what are the requirements/classes at these events?

I think its pretty much upto you as for riding gear, normal thailand trackday requirements. They run ninja 250 stock, modified classes and they run ninja/ER6 modified class. I'm going to head down to BRC tomorrow morning for a few laps if you're interested.

I have acquired a few things in readiness of delivery next week.

Afam XS ring gold chain.

Front hub bar ends.

Rear swing arm ends.

Motoplay gold 46 tooth sprocket.

Headers will be fitted on arrival to see if the old ones fit do I can get my Leo Vince on. jap.gif

Oh man, it's great weather for riding wink.gif

post-52293-0-06529700-1324110241_thumb.j

Afam XS ring gold chain.

Front hub bar ends.

Rear swing arm ends.

Headers will be fitted on arrival to see if the old ones fit do I can get my Leo Vince on. jap.gif

Pui from APSHOP had his down at BRC today, i really like the new look(white) but he didn't seem to impressed with the performance. He decribed the power delivery as smoother but less torque, i guess the new model is tuned more towards easy riding. If you plan to take it to the track you'll need to do something with the "floating" foat pegs. Overall if i had a 09-11 ER6n that i was using for street i don't think i would want to upgrade and from chatting with Pui i can tell he missed his old bike.

Afam XS ring gold chain.

Front hub bar ends.

Rear swing arm ends.

Pui from APSHOP had his down at BRC today, i really like the new look(white) but he didn't seem to impressed with the performance. He decribed the power delivery as smoother but less torque, i guess the new model is tuned more towards easy riding. If you plan to take it to the track you'll need to do something with the "floating" foat pegs. Overall if i had a 09-11 ER6n that i was using for street i don't think i would want to upgrade and from chatting with Pui i can tell he missed his old bike.

The new bike only has a marginal increase in torque and most of that is down to the new exhaust design, of which Pui has done away with. He's fitted a set of 2011 headers with an Arrow slip-on, so any marginal gains in torque have been lost.

For those that don't have an ER6 or Ninja 650 the new models would be the ones to go for but for those who already have one there's not enough to justify the cost of upgrading.

Edited by karlos

FAO Norman, you might like AP's tricked up 2012 ER6-N mate ;)

http://translate.goo...kS4CdxFoQ16pVSw

Fantastic cheers Karlos.

I wonder where he bought those headers?

Rizoma - WOW!! That stuff is top quality. (Which goes with the price).

I was shown yesterday a carbon fibre sheet which I'm going to try on the frame and other various places to see if it looks any good. That frame colour stands out a mile to me, just like the 2009 ER6.

I wonder if Tony could verify the rear sets look the same as the ones we know in the attached picture???

post-52293-0-95209300-1324176039_thumb.j

The headers would have been imported by himself, as to how many he imported i don't know but bearing in mind AP is the name of his Accessory shop i think he's bound to stock headers now that it's an essential part of fitting an aftermarket slip-on to the 2012 models :)

FAO Norman, you might like AP's tricked up 2012 ER6-N mate ;)

http://translate.goo...kS4CdxFoQ16pVSw

Fantastic cheers Karlos.

I wonder where he bought those headers?

Rizoma - WOW!! That stuff is top quality. (Which goes with the price).

I was shown yesterday a carbon fibre sheet which I'm going to try on the frame and other various places to see if it looks any good. That frame colour stands out a mile to me, just like the 2009 ER6.

I wonder if Tony could verify the rear sets look the same as the ones we know in the attached picture???

If i could write Thai i would ask the guy on the Thai forum i found your attached picture, Tony Tony wherefore art thou Tony?

I bet you're excited to be collecting her soon, I was supposed to be collecting my Ninja 650 tomorrow (Monday 19th, a day early) but the finance company has told me to wait until Tuesday for their approval, now i'll have to collect mine on the same day as everyone else (providing i get approved) :( :( sob sob, i wanted to be the first heehe :D

If i could write Thai i would ask the guy on the Thai forum i found your attached picture, Tony Tony wherefore art thou Tony?

Home for the holidays-

381811_10151045144480710_508210709_22190357_2041387832_n.jpg

See you next year!

Happy Holidays!

Tony :jap:

ps. I plan to bring back some Arrow Full Systems, EBC HH's and PCV's with Autotunes :lol:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

I can't promise that i'll be flush with cash during January but give me a shout when you're back and let me know what price you want for an Arrow slip-on mate :)

Not sure if i'll need the pads as the 2012 pads are supposed to be a little better than last years model, either way come replacement time i'll be looking for EBC's

Have a great time back home and a test ride is awaiting you once you return to Bangkok :)

Home for the holidays-

381811_10151045144480710_508210709_22190357_2041387832_n.jpg

See you next year!

Happy Holidays!

ps. I plan to bring back some Arrow Full Systems, EBC HH's and PCV's with Autotunes :lol:

Great stuff. Looks like ill fit the cheaper older headers and my leo vince.

Enjoy na kap.

Ive got a little trick up my sleeve regarding the new swing arm/frame hehe

Yeah, I think that's your best bet, money-wise, as Arrow headers retail for around $300 and are only a few ounces lighter than the stock headers, which I believe retail for around 6000 Baht in Thailand?

Still, the Arrow headers are stainless so they won't rust like the stock headers do, but at $300 a set, before shipping and tax, I think it would probably make more sense to go with the stockers.

arrowheader.jpg

Ride On!

ps. I'm sure you guys realize that replacing the stock exhaust on the new 2012 model is going to require a re-tune? The expansion chamber and mid pipe connection in the 2012 headers should contribute to the new model's improved torque figures. When you lose those headers you will probably lose some torque. We'll need to do some dyno tuning to confirm.

T

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Exactly what i tried explaining earlier in this thread Tony, i'm waiting to see how AP's ER6-N runs without a power commander, but i'm sure he has or will fit one soon.

I think i might hold back on the exhaust until i have enough money in reserve to buy a power commander should the bike need one when running with 2011 headers and a slip-on, or i could wait and see if Norman will dyno his bike and publish the A/F Ratio for me...... :P

Norman, were you able to collect your bike today of know of anyone who was able to ride out with a Ninja 650?

I ask, because my dealer hasn't received anything other than their display models of which they were pressured into selling to the first two customers on the waiting list (me number 3!!), the bulk delivery is now two days late and counting at Realmotosports Bangkok :(