Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Congrats on the new bike Norman!

Do you find much difference in handling and performance between your old ER6 and the new one?

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony smile.png

Hiya Tony, Merry Christmas mate.

Yes, it is definitely lighter and more responsive.

I think the new frame has something to do with it along with the new ECU.

A different bike really!

When you ride it, you will feel it straight away.

Engine, brakes, wheels and handlebars are the only things that come from the old model making this new one a bit special hehe.

Will you be taking this one to BIRA? Racing in the next Kawasaki event on Jan 14th?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats on the new bike Norman!

Do you find much difference in handling and performance between your old ER6 and the new one?

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony smile.png

Hiya Tony, Merry Christmas mate.

Yes, it is definitely lighter and more responsive.

I think the new frame has something to do with it along with the new ECU.

A different bike really!

When you ride it, you will feel it straight away.

Engine, brakes, wheels and handlebars are the only things that come from the old model making this new one a bit special hehe.

Will you be taking this one to BIRA? Racing in the next Kawasaki event on Jan 14th?

Yes I will be there on Sat 14th Jan.

I've done 500 clicks to date so she'll be ran in by then. And hopefully my Leo Vince will be on, if not then hmmmm!

I've painted the rear grab handles this morning and put them back on as the inserts have not arrived yet.

post-52293-0-82141500-1324969166_thumb.j

post-52293-0-31081000-1324969182_thumb.j

Sick of changing these green LED side lights - arh, I hate low quality stuff - false economy.

First (of many) oil and filter changes today at 400 clicks.

And relax.

While I was buying the oil and filter this morning I saw this sad er outside. Looks like one of the renter's from the Beach Road.

It has clearly been sliding down a road on its side after hitting something head on.

post-52293-0-99537400-1324969750_thumb.j

post-52293-0-64537200-1324969775_thumb.j

post-52293-0-36660200-1324969799_thumb.j

Hi Norman , Bikes looking good mate , nearly finished then , So u going to run on the 14th Jan .

Yeh, nee bother. giggle.gif

I'll bring up the rear but I always have lots of fun following Colin and Tony round hehe. coffee1.gif

Keep those good times rolling. clap2.gif

Hi Norman , Bikes looking good mate , nearly finished then , So u going to run on the 14th Jan .

Yeh, nee bother. giggle.gif

I'll bring up the rear but I always have lots of fun following Colin and Tony round hehe. coffee1.gif

Keep those good times rolling. clap2.gif

Don't think Kawasaki will let me race anymore cause I'm racing superbike SB1. Still come down for a look though if I'm not working.

Ohhh Jan the 14th is bang on my Birthday and i've got a long weekend off work too, i might tag along but i won't be riding the bike in anger with the stock tyres and 6 years away from a track, i'll be bringing up the rear so don't worry about being last Norman :D

As for tracking your bike make sure you get your bike on a dyno and check it's air/fuel ratio, as you don't want to be sliding on a completely different exhaust system and thrashing the bike all day round a track if the A/F is way off, i'll be interested to know what your A/F turns out to be as your's will be one of the first to have done this mod and it will tell others whether or not we need to buy a PC-V or not :)

Ohhh and that smashed up ER, was that the one some Indian/Arab guy slid down the road a few week back, or has someone else diced with death too? :(

At 36k it looks like someone is making a pretty penny on importing and selling on the full Arrow systems!

http://www.apshop-ra...esc.php?pid=178

I think i'll be taking the 2011 header / downpipes with an Arrow or similar slip-on route smile.png

Not cheap, but not terribly overpriced (by Thai standards) either since the full system retails for around $500 in the US, shipping will be another $100 and then add 30% VAT to the total which brings you to 23,400 Baht. And Khun Pui needs to make a bit of profit too wink.png

Personally I'd go with OEM headers and a slip on as the Arrow headers don't save much weight or add any power. But they doo look pretty trick wink.png

Indeed he does need to make a profit...

Tony can you give me a PM when you're back, a test ride awaits you and i'm interested in some of the goodies you're bringing back mate ;)

I recall seeing those crash bungs and bars on AP's website, the bars were not priced to highly to be honest but what did amaze me was the price of plastic fork, swing arm and handle bar bungs from the same company....

Those indicators you posted above are pure sex, i want i want!! :P

I recall seeing those crash bungs and bars on AP's website, the bars were not priced to highly to be honest but what did amaze me was the price of plastic fork, swing arm and handle bar bungs from the same company....

Those indicators you posted above are pure sex, i want i want!! tongue.png

I hate to inform that those indicators are in Kawasaki Mitiyon Pattaya.

I can't remember if they where 5k or 6k Baht EACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I spoke to someone yesterday and they reminded me of a rolling road here around the Pattaya area but for the life of me I have forgotten.

Could some kind soul remind me of the whereabouts of a rolling road around Pattaya so that I can halt this mental torture once and for all?

Thanks in advance.

Keep those good times rolling on the rolling road :)

I spoke to someone yesterday and they reminded me of a rolling road here around the Pattaya area but for the life of me I have forgotten.

Could some kind soul remind me of the whereabouts of a rolling road around Pattaya so that I can halt this mental torture once and for all?

Thanks in advance.

Keep those good times rolling on the rolling road smile.png

Don't forget to ask for an A/F print out mate, i'm eagerly awaiting :D

Thanks in advance.

Keep those good times rolling on the rolling road smile.png

Don't forget to ask for an A/F print out mate, i'm eagerly awaiting biggrin.png

i heard TYGA is supposed to be getting one but not sure when.

Norman are you riding with no rear indicators?

I couldn't stand the sight of that huge chunk of plastic hanging of the rear of the bike any longer, so i took it off tonight and with the help of two self-tappers re-attached the factor indicators.

I screwed the self-tappers straight through two of the rear mudguard mounting holes and directly into the rubber stalks of the indicators.

It's surprisingly firm and there's no way they'll drop off, this will have to do until i find some rear indicators i like, or until i can modifiy the rear cluster to flash 6 of it's leds (3 left and 3 right) orange.

The bike looks so much better without it :)

Happy New Year to all, Karl :)

post-59428-0-00827700-1325253763_thumb.j

post-59428-0-78408400-1325253768_thumb.j

post-59428-0-20187700-1325253773_thumb.j

I couldn't stand the sight of that huge chunk of plastic hanging of the rear of the bike any longer, so i took it off tonight and with the help of two self-tappers re-attached the factor indicators.

I screwed the self-tappers straight through two of the rear mudguard mounting holes and directly into the rubber stalks of the indicators.

It's surprisingly firm and there's no way they'll drop off, this will have to do until i find some rear indicators i like, or until i can modifiy the rear cluster to flash 6 of it's leds (3 left and 3 right) orange.

The bike looks so much better without it smile.png

Happy New Year to all, Karl smile.png

Yes Karlos, I too can't stand rear indicators or anthing that spoils the minimalist rear end look.

I'm waiting for clear LED cluster with everything in.

post-52293-0-16323900-1325262180_thumb.j

Yes Karlos, I too can't stand rear indicators or anthing that spoils the minimalist rear end look.

I understand that Thai's use indicators after they have finished their maneuver, rather than using them before, i don't mean to patronize but do be careful when in congested areas mate :)

I understand that Thai's use indicators after they have finished their maneuver, rather than using them before, i don't mean to patronize but do be careful when in congested areas mate smile.png

Thanks for the concern Karlos, at the mo I've got eyes all round my head never mind in the back of my head 555.

Pattaya is one busy, chaotic, congested place at the mo :(

750kms done so far.

You over tomorrow yeh?

Yep i'm over tomorrow, i'll be heading down to my friends salon near the Kwaker dealership at around 9 or 10am.

The following day i'll be heading down to Rayong, if you're close by tomorrow morning or afternoon give me a call, i'll only be sitting in my friends hair salon listening to them all chatting away in Thai about their finger nails and hair extensions :D

That wouldn't happen to be a harbor for all the local fishermen would it?

I did end up going to some fishing village in Rayong today, it might have been pretty close to where you were mate.

I managed to let the girlfriend persuade me to go to Rayong after all but it was a last moment decision, how many clicks have you got on your bike now?

That wouldn't happen to be a harbor for all the local fishermen would it?

I did end up going to some fishing village in Rayong today, it might have been pretty close to where you were mate.

I managed to let the girlfriend persuade me to go to Rayong after all but it was a last moment decision, how many clicks have you got on your bike now?

Could be.

966kms now,

Rides like a dream from about 700km on the clock.

Going to get the carbon fiber touched up 2mora as it's started to be affected on the hugger and one of the air intakes due to the heat.

I will also adjust my chain after cleaning and lubing again.

A few wheelies are in order 2mora :)