Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Some research is needed, ohhh how my girlfriend is loving the attention i'm giving my bike now biggrin.png 5555

My ex-wife used to bitch and moan about how I loved my bikes more than her...

Ditched the harpy and replaced her with a new bike wink.png

+1.

As long as she is not the one funding the bike via pole dancing.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some research is needed, ohhh how my girlfriend is loving the attention i'm giving my bike now biggrin.png 5555

My ex-wife used to bitch and moan about how I loved my bikes more than her...

Ditched the harpy and replaced her with a new bike wink.png

+1.

As long as she is not the one funding the bike via pole dancing.

She doesn't get paid for dancing on my pole ;)

But I am a good tipper :D

So Norman,

How does the new bike compare to your old one?

What differences, if any, do you note in regards to power, handling, brakes, etc?

As you're still runnng stock can I imagine the new bike might be a bit slower due to the added weight and restricted can?

Headed back to LOS in a few more days- looking forward to lots of tours and track days in the coming months! biggrin.png

Ride On!

Tony

• brakes the same but gear change is a lot better (less agricultural) it is more chuckable maybe due to the new frame? and the throttle response is quicker and yes the mid range punch is now sorted. On full throttle the induction noise/howl is tastier and hopefully combined a Leo Vince will be music to our ears. Will take another video this weekend.
    EBC brake pads are coming and I will fit them front and back this time round not just the front. I do like the sound from them when you apply the brakes hehe.
    Still waiting for the headers to arrive from Kawasaki Mitiyon. He says yawning!
    I do wonder if all those people who have already fitted an after market pipe have also fitted some sort of ECU mod.
    When I get to Bira at he weekend for a play I will let you know a bit more, hard to tell just travelling to and from work.
    Glad I put on my Rossos though, I wouldn't have had any confidence with those road smarts.
    My Ohlins is set up for Bira and is way too hard for general use so I will soften it up a little soon.
    I am finding it hard to pull a wheelie at the mo, I don't know why, maybe it's me not wanting to 'give it some' with only 1300 kms on the clock eh?
    Keep those good times rolling. wai.gif

Gidday Norman, Pickup a 2010 er6n yesterday from Kawasaki Pattaya, Glad Ive been reading this forumn , changed out tyres to Rossos , chain , sprocket etc , a bit of carbon , Leo Slip on , Mate wot a difference from stock . The young guy there did a good job . Next an upgrade in suspension , where here to by Odlins.

When is the next track day ?

Gidday Norman, Pickup a 2010 er6n yesterday from Kawasaki Pattaya, Glad Ive been reading this forumn , changed out tyres to Rossos , chain , sprocket etc , a bit of carbon , Leo Slip on , Mate wot a difference from stock . The young guy there did a good job . Next an upgrade in suspension , where here to by Odlins.

Dirtshop in Bangkok has ohlins and the next trackday is Jan 23rd

Dirtshop in Bangkok has ohlins and the next trackday is Jan 23rd

YSS shock is good enough unless you like the bling bling of Ohlins

Edited by newf

GREAT STUFF :)

http://www.bira.co.th/n5-calendar.php?tpl=circuit&ch_id=2

Just received some Galfer brake pads but recently sold my Ninja so no longer need them. There are three pairs, two pairs of sintered HH for the front and one pair of organic for the rear. They are still in the original packaging, PM me if interested.

Thanks but meancatdaddy has just arrived back from England has brought me some EBC HH sintered pads back (I think).

Going round to see him today.

I've also got to pop into Kawasaki Pattaya to see if the headers I ordered have arrived.

Probably same old story with these guys " Yang, mai mar kha".

I ordered them before I took delivery of my bike over 3 weeks ago!!!

Will let you know later on.

Just received some Galfer brake pads but recently sold my Ninja so no longer need them. There are three pairs, two pairs of sintered HH for the front and one pair of organic for the rear. They are still in the original packaging, PM me if interested.

Thanks but meancatdaddy has just arrived back from England has brought me some EBC HH sintered pads back (I think).

Going round to see him today.

I've also got to pop into Kawasaki Pattaya to see if the headers I ordered have arrived.

Probably same old story with these guys " Yang, mai mar kha".

I ordered them before I took delivery of my bike over 3 weeks ago!!!

Will let you know later on.

Why do you keep wasting your time with the muppets at Mityon? The headers you're looking for are IN STOCK at Kawasaki Rama 9... :)

Just getting my carbon fibre repaired at last. And I am looking through a Thai bike magazine and found this website address: http://www.rsvracing...read.php?tid=23

So, looks like there are two types of rear set er6 upto 2011 and then 2012 rear sets.

I don't see any black ones though.

They can be anodized in any color you like smile.png

It's communicating with them, paying money and then delivery.

As you know mate, all a headache here in LOS.

Any suggestions?

I still have to check with Mitiyon today, I'm still getting my carbon done, yes, I've sitting here over 3 hours now.

Nice pics Norman, great to see a visual comparison.

I noticed you didn't post a video showing the difference between his Leo and you stock exhaust ;)

I was some what embarrassed by a fellow rider last week when he started his 2011 ninja 650 up next to my 2012 Ninja, embarrassing to say the least :D

Your headers must be coming soon......???

Nice pics Norman, great to see a visual comparison.

I noticed you didn't post a video showing the difference between his Leo and you stock exhaust wink.png

I was some what embarrassed by a fellow rider last week when he started his 2011 ninja 650 up next to my 2012 Ninja, embarrassing to say the least biggrin.png

Your headers must be coming soon......???

Yeh, embarrassing to say the least. I thought about it then made my excuses in my head!

Next month say Mitiyon Pattaya for the headers - oh do I wish time would fast forward now man.

Leo Vince together with the intake howl is going to be a treat.

Had a great ride out today to Kleang to the Novotel resort there.

Rode a bit too fast (160-170kph) made it back to Pattaya for another coffee :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXKFxuhw56Y&feature=youtu.be

Norman, have you ever experienced any back-firing from your bike?

Occasionally my 2012 ER6-F would suffer from a small back-fire when pulling away from traffic lights, momentarily causing a loss of power. I had this happen during a first gear corner today, i had used the engine quite hard around some twisty roads and had shifted into 1st for a very tight right hand corner when 'suck,pop' the back-fire occurred again, i don't think it will ever be enough to cause much concern even through corners but it shouldn't happen.

I'm using Benzene 91 and was wondering if someone else had experienced this to some degree?

Karl :)

Norman, have you ever experienced any back-firing from your bike?

Occasionally my 2012 ER6-F would suffer from a small back-fire when pulling away from traffic lights, momentarily causing a loss of power. I had this happen during a first gear corner today, i had used the engine quite hard around some twisty roads and had shifted into 1st for a very tight right hand corner when 'suck,pop' the back-fire occurred again, i don't think it will ever be enough to cause much concern even through corners but it shouldn't happen.

I'm using Benzene 91 and was wondering if someone else had experienced this to some degree?

Karl smile.png

Yes I had a backfire today after some hard acceleration. I like it and it will be even better with the Leo Vince.

Two pots are more prone to this and is not a worry.

Hi Norman , let me know next time u going for ride as would be good to catch up . Also what brand are your mirrors ? look sweet . I went for ride on friday out to Bira also , Mazda pickups there . Then rode up to start of Rayong , then back along 331 to Slverlake turn off back to 3 then home , was a good ride got the feel for the bike

Cheers

Greg

Hi Norman , let me know next time u going for ride as would be good to catch up . Also what brand are your mirrors ? look sweet . I went for ride on friday out to Bira also , Mazda pickups there . Then rode up to start of Rayong , then back along 331 to Slverlake turn off back to 3 then home , was a good ride got the feel for the bike

Cheers

Greg

OK will do.

Will PM my number for you.

The mirrors are a nightmare but look cool.

One job on my list is to take out the mirror and put a big blob of glue behind as they fall out at speed and with the vibration.

600 baht from BP Racing at the bottom of Pratumnak hill Pattaya where I've had all the work done.

It's opposite the Siam Bayview hotel.

Edited by NormanW

Was a sweet ride out yesterday Harley23 right?

We'll get pics next weekend of your lovely black 2011 er6n

It was certainly faster than my new er6n with your Leo Vince on hehe.

Next month for headers and I'll fit my Leo and see what it can do.

Speaking of which, Bira tomorrow anyone?

I'll get there about 3pm hopefully before the intermediate race starts so I can pit the new bike against my old rivals hehehe.

Keep those good times rolling and the wet stuff away :)

I'll get there about 3pm hopefully before the intermediate race starts so I can pit the new bike against my old rivals hehehe.

Keep those good times rolling and the wet stuff away smile.png

I'll race ya on the CBR250R, if i can get my clipon fixed from my little crash at kaeng krachan today...

Keep those good times rolling and the wet stuff away smile.png

I'll race ya on the CBR250R, if i can get my clipon fixed from my little crash at kaeng krachan today...

'Little crash' how little? I know how hard you push mate hehe.

I'll be taking it (fairly) easy on my new bike as I'll be going to work on it the next day and don't want to have a 'little crash' on it while trying to beat you through the corners (will get you on the straight though hehe.

Yes Norman W was good to catch up , great afternoons ride . It was a good comparsion of the old & new bikes performance , all in all both fairly even .

I,ll be heading out to Bira after 12 , for a look

Cheers

Nice 1 see you there.

The vids of the track day can be found here http://www.youtube.com/user/Jonniethai/videos

The bike was very nervous and after some dialogue with mates it was established that my old tyres from my previous bike still had that horrible tyre-black residue on and therefore was slipping when I leaned over and/or put power down.

I saved it from high siding 3 times and that was enough for the day.

Will try and rub off the residue with sand paper but I feel new tyres would be the right answer.

Arhhhhhhhhhhh!

The vids of the track day can be found here http://www.youtube.c...nniethai/videos

The bike was very nervous and after some dialogue with mates it was established that my old tyres from my previous bike still had that horrible tyre-black residue on and therefore was slipping when I leaned over and/or put power down.

I saved it from high siding 3 times and that was enough for the day.

Will try and rub off the residue with sand paper but I feel new tyres would be the right answer.

Arhhhhhhhhhhh!

I thought you had some super sticky Rossos / Diablos mate?

I find the stock Roadsmarts to be a little twitchy when cold, but your Rossos / Diablos should grip grip GRRRRRRRIP...??? :)