Taksin Skytrain Station

corkscrew

The Taksin Skyrain Station on the edge of the Chao Phraya river, though looking permanent, can only be temporary. The secondary tracks feeding into and out of the station dictate that the station's platform must be destroyed in order to allow two way traffic of trains once the rails and rolling stock on the west side of the river start business.

Does anyone know the future of this station....once the trains start taking people to and from the west bank of the Chao Phraya?

www.2bangkok.com usually has good coverage of these transport related issues

Thanks....it does. And from there I got this possible answer.

"Skytrain Insider Info: Taksin Station Fate - 07:37, July 19, 2002

From an anonymous BTS insider: I have just confirmed that the Saphan Taksin station will not be torn down, and that the space issue will be dealt with quite simply: The two rails will converge into one, and the opposite-moving trains will take turns using it. Just like a single-lane car bridge with a signal light. Delays will be minimal, under half a minute probably. So Saphan Taksin station is safe--it's an elegant solution that should make everyone happy. And a "rumor only:" ...new skybridges are being planned for Asoke station to connect to Robinson and the Sheraton, probably early 2003."

new skybridges are being planned for Asoke station to connect to Robinson and the Sheraton, probably early 2003."

2003! No news like old news :o

Is the skybridge (elevated walkway) now open between the Silom Subway station and the Sala Daeng Skytrain station? When I looked last week it was still closed.