What's The Nicest Car You Have Seen In Thailand?

kjhbigv

Obviously living in this world of Toyota HiLux's (and other pickups), Yaris' and Honda City's etc, just interested to know if anyone has seen anything more exotic than a 5 year old BMW or Honda City with a big exhaust and bodykit!

Ok....bear in mind here in CM, not so much exotica as BKK....but I'll start you off....

White Lamborghini Gallardo in CM....what did that guy do for a living!? :D

Porsche Cayenne Sport in CM.

and lastly....a Ford GT in BKK few years ago and that's it! :)

Being a bit of a motorhead (used to have a Noble M12 GTO-3R few years ago, long time ago now!) but kinda miss seeing 'nice fast' cars, not Mercedes limousines but 'real' cars!

Just interested!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the nicest car I have ever seen in Thailand ? the crashed ones in those horrible Thai magazines showing accidents. Better ones with bloody chunks of flesh dangling from torn metal.

So far you are " something" we could have done without...

While I would hardly consider a Japanese car "nice" and as far as I am concerned a Lexus is just an over priced Toyota as a Cadillac is just an over priced Chevy and I view trucks of any kind as work vehicles even if the interior is luxurious.

Among the nicest cars I have seen other than the obvious new BMW"s and Mercedes-Benz, I have seen a few Rolls Royce, a Lotus (not Tesco) a Ferrari and a few Porsche's. I'm more in to classic cars that is to say I like to drive the car I don't like the car to drive me, those types of cars I have seen include a 1980ish Monte Carlo SS, a 1972 Cammaro RS a few nice Volkswagen Bugs restored to original condition as well as many BMW 3 series and Mercedes-Benz dating from the late 1970's to the late 1980's in original showroom floor condition. I am currently looking for a Mercedes-Benz 280 or 300 series between 1975 and 1983 to restore, I just finished a BMW 316i simply because before coming to Thailand I had never seen one only 325i's in the USA which have about 4 times the power but I like this little 316 and have taken to using it as my everyday city car.

The nicest cars I have ever seen in Thailand, well there are a few about real unusual cars, around the 60 - 70's a Dark Blue Triumph 2.5TC, Red TR7, Yellow Rover 2.2TC but the best 2 I have seen are both Citroen's a DS saloon in dark brown in showroom condition outside the 7/11 [the chevron and DS badge were gold not chrome, the seats were cream with brown piping] and a green with white roof DS Safari

As for Pickups, a 60's Mini pickup, Austin A30 pickup and the other day a early Range Rover pickup ?? [never seen one before]

Obviously living in this world of Toyota HiLux's (and other pickups), Yaris' and Honda City's etc, just interested to know if anyone has seen anything more exotic than a 5 year old BMW or Honda City with a big exhaust and bodykit!

Ok....bear in mind here in CM, not so much exotica as BKK....but I'll start you off....

White Lamborghini Gallardo in CM....what did that guy do for a living!? :D

Porsche Cayenne Sport in CM.

and lastly....a Ford GT in BKK few years ago and that's it! :)

Being a bit of a motorhead (used to have a Noble M12 GTO-3R few years ago, long time ago now!) but kinda miss seeing 'nice fast' cars, not Mercedes limousines but 'real' cars!

Just interested!

Lamborghini Gallard....wifes answer all those millions for 2 seats!!!!!! had to laugh!!!

I've seen a few really nice Jaguar XJs (I really miss mine from years past). But I would say the nicest car I've seen would be the King's yellow Rolls Royce limo. I had a 1979 Rolls Silver Wraith years ago and it was like driving around in your living room. Loved it.

the nicest car I have ever seen in Thailand ? the crashed ones in those horrible Thai magazines showing accidents. Better ones with bloody chunks of flesh dangling from torn metal.

Proof that you really should supervise 12 year olds on the pc

Remind me to set my kill filters on any future posts from this guy.

I've seen a ferrari now and then. Acura NSX, and a skyline. Mazda RX8. But these cars don't really get my attention anymore. I would be more interested when I see an Integra type R, prelude type S, or Acura RSX. I did see a very nice impalla.

I think I saw a Hummer once. H2O.

There are a few about + there is a garage for them in Nontaburi..

Have seen a couple of Honda Integra but only the Mugen,

A true Mugen or Thai Mugen?

Sometimes you wonder if you see an Evo or just a souped up Lancer. I laugh sometimes when I see complete Evo kits but still with drum brakes.

Back in 94 or 95 I saw the cars of my drools.

It was on Sri Nakharin road in Bangkok.

It was a monstrous great pink Caddy with fins and I would have loved to buy it.

It is a totally impractical vehicle though at the time I could have afforded to run it but I can't really see me steaming down Sukhumvit road in Bangkok then trying to find somewhere to turn it around and park it.

But I still want one :D:):D

The nicest car must have been among the ones I met today when driving over sukhumvit pattaya.Must have been a meeting of the bilderberg group :D or something.But it was a line up of about 35 to 40 cars.Mostl of them top range ferraris but also some lambo's and porches.Don't know where they were going but it was a treat to the eye.

It made me feel a very poor guy in my chevy colorado. :)

There are a few about + there is a garage for them in Nontaburi..

Have seen a couple of Honda Integra but only the Mugen,

A true Mugen or Thai Mugen?

Sometimes you wonder if you see an Evo or just a souped up Lancer. I laugh sometimes when I see complete Evo kits but still with drum brakes.

yepp, first thing i look for when I see a EVO, CivicR or Subaru is the brakes. They are usually wannabees :):D

I live in a small village in Phuket called Kata-Karon, with approx 4.500 residents. And some tourists.

Even if japanese, I like the Nissan GTR in white pearl with plate no 9. The yellow Subaru fully rallye prepped even with the air intake on the roof

A white Hummer still red plate (yeah yeah its the small one based on Tahoe, but still)

20-25 year old Aston Martin in light blue with yellow uk plates no 1.

Ferrari, in red of course at 25 mill baht

At a budget for a luxury car, 10-15 year old MB 500 SL in red with cream interior, always top down. Thats a village car on the beachroad!

Edit Almost forgot. Beeing a Range Rover fan for 30+years, the blue 2006 with cream interior and reg no 9. She is only asking 3 mill for it

What I miss in my village is a Dodge Ram pickup with 8000cc V10 Viper engine

Now, where is the remote for my yaris? got to go :)

Edited by katabeachbum

Edit Almost forgot. Beeing a Range Rover fan for 30+years, the blue 2006 with cream interior and reg no 9. She is only asking 3 mill for it

That a cheap motor if you have the money, as list price for a 2006 is around 4 mil

Depends on the exact model but in 2006 they cost between 8.4 and 9.6 mil new

That a cheap motor if you have the money, as list price for a 2006 is around 4 mil

Depends on the exact model but in 2006 they cost between 8.4 and 9.6 mil new

its a 4,8 (BMW engine) loaded, 40k km. She started at 3,5mill 6 months ago but still not sold at 3. Replaced it with a boring Lexus. But its double price, double maintanence and double fuel of a Fortuner.

I dont really have the cash, but she wants to part ex with a property. Then I have cash and RR :)

Anyone who loves cars, should take a look at the Museum in Nakhon Chaisi, called Jesada Technik Museum. It's free to get in, an easy drive out of BKK, and you will be impressed at his private collection. He has almost everything there, including a Back To The Future SS Delorean.... it gave me goose bumps just walking through the place. Yes there is a website. I think he's missing a few RR's is all...

www.jesadatechnikmuseum.com

OZ

post-54765-1244963108_thumb.jpg