Love Or Hate Funny Or Rude Quotes From Wife.not Sure

sanook2me

My Thai wifey has says some funny stuff and I'm sure in a farang on farang relationship I would have walked out...but here i just laugh and do not get worked up but I do wonder if its generally Thai/her sense of humour or something else..

Here goes.

Me. Do you love me?

Her. Not sure! deadpan face!

Me. Why did you marry me?

Her. Mai loo......(pause for thought).....Visa! Smiles laughs and looks away!

Her. I love your bum more than your face!

Do you think there are any issues here?

My Thai wifey has says some funny stuff and I'm sure in a farang on farang relationship I would have walked out...but here i just laugh and do not get worked up but I do wonder if its generally Thai/her sense of humour or something else..

Here goes.

Me. Do you love me?

Maybe.

My wife asked similar questions to yours, early in our relationship. It annoyed the hel_l out of me. It felt cloying and needy. I told her if she couldn't find the answers herself from her own observations of our relationship than we may have a problem. I suggested that people could tell you anything, especially what they think you want to hear, but it doesn't mean anything if your own experience doesn't confirm. Many years on she seems to have found her answers because I haven't heard the questions since.

Here goes.

Me. Do you love me?

The choice of word does seem like one that only a bargirl would use. i would know.. my gf's best friend turned from respectable working slutty/fun/party girl to bargirl 2years ago and she speaks the same way

and the rest you don't need to hear it again..

Im fairly certain a good person in thailand would joke about anything BUT family/love..

Here goes.

Me. Do you love me?

Reading between the lines, I would say that your wife feels it`s necessary for her to stay with you for financial security reasons, but inside she is a long-suffering victim of circumstance.

I wonder if you are a lot older than she is and given the choice, if you offered to financially support her, that your wife would prefer to be living somewhere else, with a guy she really loves and respects.

Here goes.

Me. Do you love me?

Reading between the lines, I would say that your wife feels it`s necessary for her to stay with you for financial security reasons, but inside she is a long-suffering victim of circumstance.

I wonder if you are a lot older than she is and given the choice, if you offered to financially support her, that your wife would prefer to be living somewhere else, with a guy she really loves and respects.

Nahh it's not even that serious man. My money is on she loves ya and she's just joking with you because she likes to play.

Mine asked me last week "When can we drop the birth control? I want you to give me some fat Nigglets, a girl and a boy with curly hair and see dum duay!, naraaak na?"

I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself, because I knew from whence it came. Yet had a girl asked me that in the States 10 years ago it would have been a different story :)

Thai women are great, don't take there sense of humor to personally our you will miss out on allot of fun.

Edited by Huey

Here goes.

Me. Do you love me?

The choice of word does seem like one that only a bargirl would use. i would know.. my gf's best friend turned from respectable working slutty/fun/party girl to bargirl 2years ago and she speaks the same way

and the rest you don't need to hear it again..

Im fairly certain a good person in thailand would joke about anything BUT family/love..

yes sound like bar girl talk.....

*Shrug* I don't know Walking man, some how coming from her it just wasn't offensive. hel_l it was cute even. Like the OP was wondering, sometimes it's not always about the words that are being used, but rather their context and who is talking.

*Shrug* I don't know Walking man, some how coming from her it just wasn't offensive. hel_l it was cute even. Like the OP was wondering, sometimes it's not always about the words that are being used, but rather their context and who is talking.

Dude,

Cute or not, I think (and I am wrong so many times, but right a few times too), that it was (I am not saying she is) a little low brow. If I had a wife and she said something like that, I would really need to evaluate the words I use as well as the words used around her. Additionally, I would try to steer her away from certain idioms/terms etc. which do not reflect kindly on people. All I can say is that, if I had a wife, and she referred to our potential kids as such... I would do a self evaluation to ensure that I am not sending the wrong signals as to what is and what is not acceptable language.

But as they say, to each his own.

Cheers,

TheWalkingMan

Here goes.

Me. Do you love me?

Does not sound very hiso (no offense).

Dude,

Cute or not, I think (and I am wrong so many times, but right a few times too), that it was (I am not saying she is) a little low brow. If I had a wife and she said something like that, I would really need to evaluate the words I use as well as the words used around her. Additionally, I would try to steer her away from certain idioms/terms etc. which do not reflect kindly on people. All I can say is that, if I had a wife, and she referred to our potential kids as such... I would do a self evaluation to ensure that I am not sending the wrong signals as to what is and what is not acceptable language.

But as they say, to each his own.

Cheers,

TheWalkingMan

Fair enough your bring up a good point with that, and had that came out of the blue I would have been a lil upset. However in her defense, I introduced her to allot of Black American humor, like I have every episode of the David Chapplle Show, both seasons of The Boondocks, Everybody Hates Chris, ect. So when she said it after I laughed out loud for awhile we did have a serious discussion about that, just like you mentioned, and she now knows that thats something we can joke about in private but it's not acceptable in public and the reasons why.

Heck if I used every Thai bad word that I thought sounded cute (the term Mung, comes to mind :D ) in public I would probably be in some serious trouble real quick.

So I cut her some slack and let her know she can have em any time she likes :)

I met my wife at an international conference hosted by Stephen Hawking in Switzerland.

99% of ThaiVisa members, have university educated Thai women from influential families as wives or GF's, or so they say.

I believe it, don't you ?

:)

Edited by Maigo6

Here goes.

Me. Do you love me?

No issues mate, I think she's having a laugh with you.

Anyway you should know your own wife well enough to know that already.

Personally I like that kind of sense of humour wether it 'sounds like bar girl talk' or not.

Of course my Thai girlfriend is perfect and doesn't even know what a bar or a beer or a sense of humour is....just like everyone else at TV

Here goes.

Me. Do you love me?

Yeah, you should never ask if she loves you. What is the point ?

Nahh it's not even that serious man. My money is on she loves ya and she's just joking with you because she likes to play.

Mine asked me last week "When can we drop the birth control? I want you to give me some fat Nigglets, a girl and a boy with curly hair and see dum duay!, naraaak na?"

I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself, because I knew from whence it came. Yet had a girl asked me that in the States 10 years ago it would have been a different story :)

Thai women are great, don't take there sense of humor to personally our you will miss out on allot of fun.

Huey and bifftastic

You are both spot on the money...some more classics from yesterday.

Driving around BKK and i'm looking out the side window at whatever amazing site we were passing.

Her.

"i like it when you're interested in outside"

Translates to.... i am not speaking as i am looking away from her out the side window! funny biatch !

Me. Do you think I'm stupid

Her. Yes, a little bit! (deadpan face then cracks the smile)

scene(she was checking that i have done something she asked me to do)

Her statements have me in stitches but they would cause a full on fight witih a Western chick... but all in all they are honest/joke statements....

Answers to some of the posts.

She is older than me

Not a BG or ex BG - (does it matter in this context??)

i don't ask her if she loves me in a stupid/weak bloke vs young vixen style..i ask her for fun to extract this sort of jokey/killer response...

she has more money

of course she loves me - together over 6 years

It makes interesting reading thanks for the varying replies....