Looking For Land With Nice Views In Kk Area

stevehaigh

i'm looking for a couple of rai of land with nice mountain and nature views within a couple of hours drive of Khon Kaen. I really like the area just west of Chum Phae just before you get to Naam Nao national park but i'm open to other areas.

i'd like to be close to but not in a village. i like nature and lots of space and no noisy neighbours close by but the wife is 'glua phee' of course! also ideally i'd like a small stream or river near the property or at least guaranteed access to water. if there's a small Thai house on it, great but not necessary.

obviously public road access and electricity is a must. phone line close by would be great.

if you know of anything please PM me with pictures. i can come look next week if anything looks interesting.

thanks, steve

Edited by stevehaigh

no, i'm just paranoid about drought. i get nervous when it doesn't rain for 4 weeks.

Try four months.

As for finding the ideal location, take a look at some good maps regard to mountains and water courses, consider where you would like the sunrise/set to be. Think about flooding and resupply issues, and maybe travel time to the hospital and if local medical services exist. If you are worried about internet services you might want to remain with a 3km radius (or less) of some towns.

Then consider location short lists and view those to see if Somchai's Tire Burning Factory is going to expand there or the dead cattle rendering plant is upwind?

Good locations cost money, then you need to arrange getting the section of land filled and settled for a year or so before building.

Not an easy task finding perfection.

no, i'm just paranoid about drought. i get nervous when it doesn't rain for 4 weeks.

Try four months.

As for finding the ideal location, take a look at some good maps regard to mountains and water courses, consider where you would like the sunrise/set to be. Think about flooding and resupply issues, and maybe travel time to the hospital and if local medical services exist. If you are worried about internet services you might want to remain with a 3km radius (or less) of some towns.

Then consider location short lists and view those to see if Somchai's Tire Burning Factory is going to expand there or the dead cattle rendering plant is upwind?

Good locations cost money, then you need to arrange getting the section of land filled and settled for a year or so before building.

Not an easy task finding perfection.

yep, that's why i'm posting on here, help move the process along a bit. i've seen some nice places in Phetchaboon already but they're far too close to my wife's family for comfort.

and your comment about close proximity to health care is one of the big considerations in leaving Ko Phangan. there, its a long and expensive boat ride to a decent hospital

i'm looking for a couple of rai of land with nice mountain and nature views within a couple of hours drive of Khon Kaen. I really like the area just west of Chum Phae just before you get to Naam Nao national park but i'm open to other areas.

i'd like to be close to but not in a village. i like nature and lots of space and no noisy neighbours close by but the wife is 'glua phee' of course! also ideally i'd like a small stream or river near the property or at least guaranteed access to water. if there's a small Thai house on it, great but not necessary.

obviously public road access and electricity is a must. phone line close by would be great.

if you know of anything please PM me with pictures. i can come look next week if anything looks interesting.

thanks, steve

Hi Steve,Some nice land on edge of town(Chumphae) Views of local Mountain (?) Good faland pub ,and good falang tucker in town,Swimming pool.Good concrete road to land site ,power on street.Quiet area,+_ 3 kms from town. I can try and get land size/price if you are interested. Cheero Dave A

Hi Steve,Some nice land on edge of town(Chumphae) Views of local Mountain (?) Good faland pub ,and good falang tucker in town,Swimming pool.Good concrete road to land site ,power on street.Quiet area,+_ 3 kms from town. I can try and get land size/price if you are interested. Cheero Dave A

sounds interesting. pls PM me with details and photos if possible. i'm in Chiang Mai at the moment and can stop in Issan on the way back south if very interesting. also, my friend is in Chumphae now and could take a look for me.

steve