Checking Model Year

lennya12threh

The year is in the tabien.. Unless you mean the year is not the correct year for that model ??

The year in tabien is often not the modelyear.

A new 2010 kwaker today says 2009 in Tabien. Plenty of older bikes says more resent year in Tabien

vehicles for euro or us market, modelyear can be read in VIN code (chassinumber). 10th digit.

The year is in the tabien.. Unless you mean the year is not the correct year for that model ??

A new 2010 kwaker today says 2009 in Tabien. Plenty of older bikes says more resent year in Tabien

vehicles for euro or us market, modelyear can be read in VIN code (chassinumber). 10th digit.

I kinda disagree with what your meaning model year tho..

If they sell a bike in 09 then to me its an 09.. The rest is just marketing bullshit.. Calling a bike sold in the middle of 09 an 2010 model is just specmanship.

The year of first registration is in the book. I dont know what they list for import as both my imported bikes have the maker model year as first reg dates. Were they first regged then ?? Cant say..

I kinda disagree with what your meaning model year tho..

If they sell a bike in 09 then to me its an 09.. The rest is just marketing bullshit.. Calling a bike sold in the middle of 09 an 2010 model is just specmanship.

The year of first registration is in the book. I dont know what they list for import as both my imported bikes have the maker model year as first reg dates. Were they first regged then ?? Cant say..

hmmm, when chevy sells a 2 year old truck, brand new wirh zero km on it, in 2009 it doesnt become a 2009 model. its still a 2007 truck with 2007 spec. Different engine, auto, brakes etc.

most maufactorers have model change or just upgrades every year, and they choose to call the new model 2010 a few months before the calender year changes. Its also visible in the VIN code, 10th digit. If its delivered and registered in 2009 or 2013 its still a 2010 model/spec/VIN code.