Can You Name That Bike?

rickjames8

I am looking to buy a bike but I have no idea the model number. Maybe someone can help me.

The bike I'm looking for is about 100-150cc. It looks more like a motorcycle than a moped (ie: the tank is just behind the neck, not under the seat). Most of these bikes look old (1970's - 1980's) and I've seen ones by Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki. I see them mostly in BKK, but around a few other places too. Most look so beat-up I cant read any model #.

Any idea what model name/number these bikes are? Or where I could buy one? I would think looking at them you could pick one up for a few grand. Most are pretty beat up - in other words, a fun project bike. But I cant search mocyc.com or anywhere else, as I don't know what to look for.

Thanks,

-Rick

if the bike is from the 70's - early 80's, first identify if the motor is a 2 stoke or 4 stroke.

Suzuki 125's

Yamaha 90cc- 125's all are 2 stroke motors (emits a lot of smoke) from combustion; these bikes are near antiques but are seen around.

Kawasaki 100

Honda 125, 150, 160 (benly, dream) classics are also abundant in Thailand. These bikes ages range from the early 60's - 70's.

(search google - classic honda's, use the CC for ID and you will be able to see the view of the bikes)

if the bike is from the 70's - early 80's, first identify if the motor is a 2 stoke or 4 stroke.

Suzuki 125's

Yamaha 90cc- 125's all are 2 stroke motors (emits a lot of smoke) from combustion; these bikes are near antiques but are seen around.

Kawasaki 100

Honda 125, 150, 160 (benly, dream) classics are also abundant in Thailand. These bikes ages range from the early 60's - 70's.

(search google - classic honda's, use the CC for ID and you will be able to see the view of the bikes)

suzuki GT 100, 125, 150

honda CB

forgot yammy, zundap and kwaker :)

A friend of mine was loking for the bike you described, and changed his mind about it.

I think it is a GTO, or GT something.

These bikes are very mature, to say the least. NO matter how appealing they may be to you, it would be in your best interests to look at the new Yahaha model which looks similar to it.

These bikes are tough, as they are still running, but do you really want a bike which has at least 10 years on the speedo performed in Bkk traffic?

A friend of mine was loking for the bike you described, and changed his mind about it.

I think it is a GTO, or GT something.

These bikes are very mature, to say the least. NO matter how appealing they may be to you, it would be in your best interests to look at the new Yahaha model which looks similar to it.

These bikes are tough, as they are still running, but do you really want a bike which has at least 10 years on the speedo performed in Bkk traffic?

Hi-nice thread :) , i guess you are right with the Kawasaki GTO here a picture of it maybe rickjames8 can confirm it?

mundl

post-96623-1260183486_thumb.jpg

Sounds to me like one of the old 2 strokes...

Kawasaki KRR150

Yamaha RXZ150, TZR150

Honda NSR150, CBR125

They start at about 5000 baht for an old dog, up to about 25000 for a nice restored example. Ive seen them advertised for more but always assumed the seller was trying his luck. Good project bikes if you've got time and patience.

Sounds to me like one of the old 2 strokes...

Kawasaki KRR150

Yamaha RXZ150, TZR150

Honda NSR150, CBR125

They start at about 5000 baht for an old dog, up to about 25000 for a nice restored example. Ive seen them advertised for more but always assumed the seller was trying his luck. Good project bikes if you've got time and patience.

I love bikes of the 80's started out biking then. I kept my 1982 suzuki gsx250ex for years only recently selling it, retsored it years ago to as new took me 1 2 months to do it.

post-66436-1260347148_thumb.jpg