Granite

ChiangMaiFun

Are you looking for granite for a kitchen counter? As I am too to put in a condo.

Please post if you find something.

Hi - partly - but there are suppliers for that (Home Sukkapan was the last one I used) but I am looking for flooring at a reasonable cost

There are a lot of shops that sell granite if that is what you are looking for. Big one on the road that goes from the NE corner of the moat out to Lotus. Right side nearer Lotus, after you go through 2 traffic lights. Others on both sides of Mahidol Road between Airport Plaza and the river. Big pieces in front, flooring sizes in back. Finally your installer can probably source it for you and show you samples.

There are a lot of shops that sell granite if that is what you are looking for. Big one on the road that goes from the NE corner of the moat out to Lotus. Right side nearer Lotus, after you go through 2 traffic lights. Others on both sides of Mahidol Road between Airport Plaza and the river. Big pieces in front, flooring sizes in back. Finally your installer can probably source it for you and show you samples.

Hi - yes I know... but there are lesser and cheaper 'local' suppliers that I am trying to source - one I believe in Lumphun. The shops you mention mostly sell imported granite at great cost - 2,000 up a sq. meter - it can be bought at 650 if you can find the suppliers (i.e. not the 'middleman' outlets you mention).

Are you looking for granite for a kitchen counter? As I am too to put in a condo.

Hi - partly - but there are suppliers for that (Home Sukkapan was the last one I used) but I am looking for flooring at a reasonable cost

I know it not on the door step, but just your side of Tak is the Bkk granite co. Have all the different colour's, Sizes, if they dont have what you want in stock they cut it on site. This is not a shop it's a factory. And cheap. The lady in the office speek's good English.

I know it not on the door step, but just your side of Tak is the Bkk granite co. Have all the different colour's, Sizes, if they dont have what you want in stock they cut it on site. This is not a shop it's a factory. And cheap. The lady in the office speek's good English.

Hi - Tak? its in Chiang Mai? sorry I'm confused...

Hi - Tak? its in Chiang Mai? sorry I'm confused...

Tak is on A1 road toward's Kpphet/Bkk I said it's not on the door step. The factory is on the left just before Tak. I live in Kpphet. And have used them several time's. Great service I got to know about them though a Thai granite shop, as that's were they get there granite from. For 100bt tip. It saved me bundle's. They sell all type's of granite Thai as well as imported. Thai's the cheapest of course. Hope this help's

Hi - yes I know... but there are lesser and cheaper 'local' suppliers that I am trying to source - one I believe in Lumphun. The shops you mention mostly sell imported granite at great cost - 2,000 up a sq. meter - it can be bought at 650 if you can find the suppliers (i.e. not the 'middleman' outlets you mention).

I bought flooring granite from one of the shops I mentioned for under 650 Baht per square meter.

Do they have marble also? Thanks
No only granite, Can I ask why marble, As anything you can do with marble you can do with granite You cant use marble for floor's Or work top's, as it's to soft Look's great for a few year's then you'll have to repolish. As for tile's bathroom's ect, If your going to do the floor's as well as the wall's, no way your going to get a match.

I bought flooring granite from one of the shops I mentioned for under 650 Baht per square meter.

Forgive me - but don't you mean Granito? I would be amazed if you could by Granite for less than 2000 but please post the EXACT shop and I will visit tomorrow.

I have a friend who buys local Thai granite from the factory next to the mountain in Lamphun and gets 650 (not including installation of about 200) because he buys in bulk.

Not trying to catch you out - I'd be very interested to buy at that price (I need over 100 sq meters)

Middle ring road off Hang Dong road - but it is on the side approaching Hang Dong road.

Turn onto middle ring road at Big C, take the first U turn and the shop is on the left. Not very big but we paid 625 sq m for granite for flooring

He also has stuff at 3,500 sq m if you want it.

Think it is called Chiang Mai stone and used to be near Windsor windows but recently moved. Only Thai spoken.

Middle ring road off Hang Dong road - but it is on the side approaching Hang Dong road.

Turn onto middle ring road at Big C, take the first U turn and the shop is on the left. Not very big but we paid 625 sq m for granite for flooring

He also has stuff at 3,500 sq m if you want it.

Think it is called Chiang Mai stone and used to be near Windsor windows but recently moved. Only Thai spoken.

ok I'll be down there Monday and report back - thanks

Forgive me - but don't you mean Granito? I would be amazed if you could by Granite for less than 2000 but please post the EXACT shop and I will visit tomorrow.

I have a friend who buys local Thai granite from the factory next to the mountain in Lamphun and gets 650 (not including installation of about 200) because he buys in bulk.

Not trying to catch you out - I'd be very interested to buy at that price (I need over 100 sq meters)

I have purchased over 200 square meters of stone and had it installed in Chiang Mai so you are right, I do not know granite from granito.

And biley is also out to lunch? I do not think so.

Appears that you are the one with a lot of flakey information. If you really get out to look, you will be amazed. If

Edited by Bill97

I have purchased over 200 square meters of stone and had it installed in Chiang Mai so you are right, I do not know granite from granito.

And biley is also out to lunch? I do not think so.

Appears that you are the one with a lot of flakey information. If you really get out to look, you will be amazed. If

let's see... I own 9 condos here and know just about every major farang owner in the business - hope you are right that you have discovered a major 'loop-hole' that we have ALL missed - I shall report back to be sure, to be sure - I am wrong fair enough! but YOU be prepared to eat humble pie too chaimai?

My use for it it's very different (marble bases for resin statues) and I'm looking for a particular color (black with white veins). Thanks.

No only granite, Can I ask why marble, As anything you can do with marble you can do with granite You cant use marble for floor's Or work top's, as it's to soft Look's great for a few year's then you'll have to repolish. As for tile's bathroom's ect, If your going to do the floor's as well as the wall's, no way your going to get a match.

My use for it it's very different (marble bases for resin statues) and I'm looking for a particular color (black with white veins). Thanks.

The last time I was there Im sure I saw black with white veins. Maybe Im wrong as they have so many different colours it mind boggling. give them a phone call sorry my wife has lost the no: but Im sure it cant be hard to get. Oh for all that want to know granito is Italian for granite. Just looked them up on comp: as it's all in Thai not 100% but it say's they sell marble. !!!!!!!!

I told you it was mind boggling.

Edited by fredob43

The last time I was there Im sure I saw black with white veins. Maybe Im wrong as they have so many different colours it mind boggling. give them a phone call sorry my wife has lost the no: but Im sure it cant be hard to get. Oh for all that want to know granito is Italian for granite. Just looked them up on comp: as it's all in Thai not 100% but it say's they sell marble. !!!!!!!!

I told you it was mind boggling.

Granito - is NOT Granite (just in case there is any confusion) - it maybe Italian for Granite but it is a low weight substitute - can look very nice - but granite it is not. Many condos allow the use of Granito but not the real Granite becuase of this reason - it is a low-weight cheap substitute. I am searching for Granite not Granito.

Granito tiles

These are Porcelain ceramic tiles and are made from porcelain granules and are fired at high temperatures to produce a granit like surface.

Granite Tiles

Granite is an igneus rock that is mined from the ground and cut and polished to the required tile sizes and or countertops, Its also expensive compared to other manufactured finishes such as ceramics but Its very long lasting.

Granito tiles

These are Porcelain ceramic tiles and are made from porcelain granules and are fired at high temperatures to produce a granit like surface.

Granite Tiles

Granite is an igneus rock that is mined from the ground and cut and polished to the required tile sizes and or countertops, Its also expensive compared to other manufactured finishes such as ceramics but Its very long lasting.

Well you live and learn. Had a tile co: in England Also had several Italian's working for me. And granito to them is granite. Should have realised. So they use an Italian word for reconstituted Bit's of left over's. TIT.

Granito tiles

Granite Tiles

Well you live and learn. Had a tile co: in England Also had several Italian's working for me. And granito to them is granite. Should have realised. So they use an Italian word for reconstituted Bit's of left over's. TIT.

Easy mistake and in Italy they probably are referring to 'real' granite... but here they use it as the cheaper, lighter 'look-alike'. So I'm unsure whether people here are referring to the Granito at around 650 or the real-deal - but I'm going to find out - just realised the shops are shut tomorrow so Tuesday. Home Sukkapa etc. have the Granito at the cheaper price but the real stuff 1000s more.

I was hunting a factory that quarried it so I could buy at a cheaper rate... let's see

I happened to be out near Global House today and saw that granite shop off Middle Ring Road, they were open so I went in.

They actually do have stuff around B650/sqm but its the China granite which they say is cheaper than the Thai stuff.

Generally the darker/colorful stuff is much more expensive. The 650/sqm stuff was the light colored (not really great looking) China granite.

The Thai light colored stuff started around B1300/sqm.

The cheapest black stuff they had was about B2600/sqm, and thats not naturally dark, its colored.

Apparently the naturally colored stuff lasts longer (the color) but it's B2900 and up per sqm.

They cut the stuff there also and have pricing for that.

The owner speaks fair English. They get their Thai granite from Tak also.

He says farangs like to buy at his shop because he does'nt charge extra (compared to Thais).

let's see... I own 9 condos here and know just about every major farang owner in the business - hope you are right that you have discovered a major 'loop-hole' that we have ALL missed - I shall report back to be sure, to be sure - I am wrong fair enough! but YOU be prepared to eat humble pie too chaimai?

NO pie for me Mr 9 Condo. You now have two posts confirming granite for 650 baht per square meter or less in CM shops. Now a third from me since today I stopped by the shop near Lotus Khum Tiang that I mentioned and they had piles of 60cmx60cm pieces at 650 baht per square meter first ask price. No BS about color because you never mentioned it.

Correction about that shop: I just remembered it was not B650/sqm, but rather, he had a display up of 40 x 80 cm slabs and the

light colored China stuff was B650 for that size, the Thai light colored stuff was about B1300 for the same size pieces 40x80cm That would mean that the Thai stuff was upwards of B2000 /sqm.

Dont wanna get involved in any ridiculous disputes, just reporting what I saw today.

NO pie for me Mr 9 Condo. You now have two posts confirming granite for 650 baht per square meter or less in CM shops. Now a third from me since today I stopped by the shop near Lotus Khum Tiang that I mentioned and they had piles of 60cmx60cm pieces at 650 baht per square meter first ask price. No BS about color because you never mentioned it.

READ the posts - if you want cheap rubbish go and buy it - IF you read my posts you would have seen me mention Thai Local granite not China rubbish - and as you can see it starts at 2,000 up - eat your pie like a good boy and get of my thread thanks...

READ the posts - if you want cheap rubbish go and buy it - IF you read my posts you would have seen me mention Thai Local granite not China rubbish - and as you can see it starts at 2,000 up - eat your pie like a good boy and get of my thread thanks...

Oh my I must have missed your mention of "Thai Local granite not China rubbish", please do help me and tell me the post number for the post in which you mentioned it.