Rubber Seal For Tank Of Motorcycle

robblok

My vulcan needs a new seal for the tank. I mean you fill your tank and then close the tank.. between there is a seal on the lid made of rubber and its not working good.. it leaks so everytime i fill my bike up (not even 100%) and drive some benzine leaks out of the tank over the tank. It is not good for the tank and it smells bad so i want it fixed.

Does anyone have an idea where to get such a seal (probably not available for this older bike) or an idea how to make it yourself.

This is the kind of bike im talking about:

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kaw...ki_en400_86.htm

Kawasaki Thailand on Rama 9 Road sell Vulcans new Ok they are 900 but the fuel filler is probably the same so they should have a spare part. get yourself into town on the MRT. Or at very least get someone to telephone them.

http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/images/map.gif

Kawasaki Motors Enterprise (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.

129 Rama 9 Road., Kwaeng Huay-Kwang , Khet Huay-Kwang , Bangkok 10310 Thailand.

Tel : +66-2247 7935-38

Fax : +66-2247 7934

Edited by VocalNeal

Kawasaki Thailand on Rama 9 Road sell Vulcans new Ok they are 900 but the fuel filler is probably the same so they should have a spare part. get yourself into town on the MRT. Or at very least get someone to telephone them.

Thanks a million.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a million.

I finally went to kawasaki and they had a fuel tank lid for me (from a Kawasaki boss that was identical). Bought it and brought it to my local motorcycle shop so they could replace it. I also stored the Kawasaki shop in my GPS (went there by taxi because i worried i could not find it on the bike).

So next time i will bring my old vulcan EN400 there to check. It is using a lot of fuel and i wonder why. Its doing 1 to 15 instead of the 1 to 20, i am not a real mechanic and almost know nothing about bikes but i think it might be either wheels not running smoothly (maybe a long shot) or a fuel leak somewhere. Does anyone have other suggestions ?

So next time i will bring my old vulcan EN400 there to check. It is using a lot of fuel and i wonder why. Its doing 1 to 15 instead of the 1 to 20, i am not a real mechanic and almost know nothing about bikes but i think it might be either wheels not running smoothly (maybe a long shot) or a fuel leak somewhere. Does anyone have other suggestions ?

Buy a new one? :)

L_07Custom01.jpg

Buy a new one? :)

L_07Custom01.jpg

Good suggestion i think its beyond my budget ill be buying a car soon.. So a car and an extra bike wont go. But im happy that there is no more fuel leak..just bad fuel consumption.

Plus finally the bike is now on my name.. took forever .. but it changed color and province and name.. but now its good.

Buy a new one? :D

L_07Custom01.jpg

Is that a boat anchor of some kind? :)