Kawasaki Ninja Zx6-R Coming To Thailand October 2010

That is the word from the manager of Phuket Kawasaki today. No idea on price yet, and whether it will be a 2010 or 2011 model, but Mgr. Ponsak seems to think it is coming from Japan and not being made here like the Ninja 650R, so I would bet it will be in the 500k to 600k baht range, (the ZX10R is 650k baht) and not in the 300-400k baht range. But you never know!! The ZX6-R is 10,500usd (340,000baht) in the states!

2009_ZX-6R_web.jpg

6-8-20102-52-40PM.jpg

win-a-25-year-celebration-kawasaki-.jpg

kawasaki_zx6r_black_side1_430_large.jpg

2010kawasakizx6rwhite.jpg

2010-Kawasaki-NinjaZX6Rd.jpg

2010-Kawasaki-NinjaZX6Rc.jpg

Introduction

When it comes to performance, no class is more competitive than middleweight sportbikes. To stand out in this crowd, a motorcycle needs to do everything better than well — it needs to kick serious tail in every department. Hats off to the Kawasaki Ninja® ZX™-6R then, winner of 600cc comparison tests in just about every publication and website of note on the planet. With an engine the critics agree feels bigger than 599cc, and a chassis that out handles all others, the ZX-6R returns as the bike to beat in 2010.

Key Feature

• Lean physique, low-mass, awesome power delivery and precise control

Lightweight Engine

• Camshafts are made of chrome-moly steel

• Lightweight magnesium engine covers are standard

• Lightweight top injector mounting plate

• Lightweight transmission gears and gear dogs

• Lightweight oil pump and starter gears

• Inlet pressure pulse monitor does away with cam angle sensor, further contributing to lightness

• Cassette-type transmission makes it easy to quickly swap gear ratios, reducing set-up time at the track

Massive Mid-Range Performance

• Double bore velocity stacks feature inlets at two different heights, for increased performance in both the mid

• and high-rpm ranges

• Cam and tappets nitriding enables high-load cam profiles, for maximum performance

• Crown-finished pistons

• Molybdenum-coated piston skirts for reduced friction and engine break-in

• Low-tension piston rings reduce mechanical loss

• Advanced cam chain guides stabilize chain motion and further reduce mechanical loss

• Exhaust collector layout contributes to superb low and mid-range performance while maintaining high-rpm performance

More Precise Throttle Control

• Cylindrical guides in the top of the air cleaner box ensure accurately sprayed fuel mist from the secondary injectors into the intake funnels, improving combustion efficiency

• Long throttle bodies between oval sub-throttles and round main throttles yield a smooth intake transition, for reduced inlet turbulence and increased efficiency

• Advanced cylinder porting delivers excellent cylinder-filling and scavenging

• High-current secondary coil circuitry for optimum combustion efficiency

Lightweight Chassis

• The sub-frame is a 2-piece aluminum die-casting consisting of a front and rear section

• The lightweight sub-frame is very narrow, for a compact and slim rear end

• Intake resonator box and supports for the instrument panel and mirrors are unitized with the Ram Air duct, contributing to weight savings and increased rigidity

Advanced Suspension

• ZX-6R features Showa’s Big Piston Front fork (BPF) design, for fantastic braking and initial corner turn-in

• The BPF eliminates many of the internal components used in a cartridge-type fork, simplifying construction and resulting in lighter overall fork weight

• The large-diameter of the BPF’s internal piston allows a reduction in damping pressure, for better feedback and smoother action

• The ZX-6R swingarm uses many of the same parts as the ZX-10R; both left and right inner plates, the left outer plate, rear stand bosses, brake caliper stopper, chain guard and swingarm pivot shaft

Brakes

• 220mm rear petal disc

• Rear brake lever is mounted coaxially with the footpeg for excellent mid-stroke braking efficiency and optimum feel

6-8-20103-29-04PM.jpg

Source: Kawasaki.com

It would be good if that were the case, but I was in Kawasaki Rama 9 HQ a couple of weeks ago getting the 250 serviced and when I was speaking to the main salesman (can't remember his name but there's a few pics of him on here on a ZX10), he said they weren't going to bother because the ZX10 isn't selling many units and he said the ZX6R would only be about 50k cheaper so he didn't think that would sell either.

At the BKK motor show one Kawi guy said they wouldn't import at all and the other Kawi guy said the end of the year for about 600k.

At least the 600k part sounds consistent and that's about what I'd expect. Hopefully it'll arrive as the 09-10 model is rated very highly by reviewers. Not sure I'd pay 600k though.

It would be good if that were the case, but I was in Kawasaki Rama 9 HQ a couple of weeks ago getting the 250 serviced and when I was speaking to the main salesman (can't remember his name but there's a few pics of him on here on a ZX10), he said they weren't going to bother because the ZX10 isn't selling many units and he said the ZX6R would only be about 50k cheaper so he didn't think that would sell either.

At the BKK motor show one Kawi guy said they wouldn't import at all and the other Kawi guy said the end of the year for about 600k.

At least the 600k part sounds consistent and that's about what I'd expect. Hopefully it'll arrive as the 09-10 model is rated very highly by reviewers. Not sure I'd pay 600k though.

The ZX10R is selling poorly because it's restricted. Kawasaki has lame excuses about emissions standards in Thailand forcing them to restrict the ZX10R but that's a pretty poor excuse considering every other big bike manufacturer is able to sell FULL POWER bikes in Thailand... If Kawasaki Thailand sells a restricted ZX6R then I expect the sales will be just as weak as they've been with the ZX10R.

After all you can buy a brand new full power liter bike from Red Baron for only a little more than Kawasaki's restricted ZX10R. Take this brand new 2009 GSX-R 1000 for example:

091002-0000415.jpg

768,000฿

Wish Kawasaki would get their act together and stop selling restricted bikes. Would help their sale tremendously.

I was waiting and hoping for a full power ZX6R but finally got tired of waiting and bought something else.

Happy Trails!

Tony

2008 Ninja 250R

2009 Kawasaki Diablo Black ER6n: Two Brothers M2 V.A.L.E Aluminum Slip-On, Two Brothers Juice Box, Winning G1.3 Power Ignition Booster, PAIR Valve Plugged, Air Box Baffles Removed, DIY Tail Tidy, Aluminum and Delrin Frame Sliders and Swing Arm Spools, ProGrip Carbon Fiber Tank Protector

2010 Lime Green Ninja 650R is here! w00t.gif Arrow Exhaust, Sport Bars, Integrated Tail Light, Tail Tidy, Lotsa Carbon Fiber Bling! naughty.gif PCV and Autotune, Spiegler Lines EBC HH Pads woot.gif

2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 K6 aka THE BEAST! worshippy.gif

I always find it interesting what the dealer shops say about this bike or the other. It never seems that accurate.

But one thing that is accurate is the fact that 'RED BARON' will be Full Kawasaki dealers by year end. So i wonder if they will be having some tune up kits ready for the ZX10 etc.

Would need to not be restricted and price around 400K mark for me to be interested at all.

Agreed.

For comparison, I should have put here what the ZX6-R's main competitors list prices are in Thailand.

Honda CBR 600RR; 480,000 Baht

Suzuki GSX-R 600; Not available through auth. dealers.

Suzuki GSX-R 750; 700,000 Baht

Triumph Daytona 675; 670,000 Baht

Yamaha R6; 680,000 Baht

Ducati 848 ; 899,000 Baht

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Off Topic but boy do Kawasaki Phuket need to work on their customer skills, I nearly cancelled my bike order twice because they were rude to my wife, speaking to the neighbour who also bought one recently and he said they pretty much treated him with contempt as well. I was this close to ordering from Phang-Nga or Issan and shipping it down.

Honda CBR 600RR; 480,000 Baht

Say what?! ph34r.gif

Say what too.....

Ah, I see that price quoted on motorcycle.in.th, but is it actually available here ATM? Where to order?

Edited by JUDAS

• 4 weeks later...

BTW Kawa CM also said the ZX-6R would be coming, Japan import to just a hair less expensive than the ZX10R. So yeah it will be expensive but why shouldn't Kawasaki get it over here - does it cost them anything much to import it? I'd guess not. She's very pretty :)

BTW Kawa CM also said the ZX-6R would be coming, Japan import to just a hair less expensive than the ZX10R. So yeah it will be expensive but why shouldn't Kawasaki get it over here - does it cost them anything much to import it? I'd guess not. She's very pretty :)

I guess it will be the restricted spec, then, perhaps 70bhp instead of 110bhp :-(

The ZX6R was on display at the Bangkok Motor Show and I know Kawasaki is thinking about offering it in Thailand.

2010NinjaZX6RSSR.jpg

HOWEVER, the sales of their ZX10R have been terrible. IMO it's because they're selling it restricted. STUPID! Their lame excuse is that it has to do with Thai emissions requirements. That excuse is BS as every other manufacturer is able to sell full power liter bikes in Thailand.

The ZX6R will be restricted as well and I've told the marketing folks at Kawa HQ that if they can't or won't sell a full power ZX6R then why bother? IMO buyers will pay more to get full power ZX6R's from Red Baron and other importers. That's certainly been the case with their restricted ZX10R. Even though it's far cheaper than other liter bikes like the Yamaha R1 the more expensive Yammie's continue to sell well.

The 2010 ZX6R is the KING of the 600cc supersport class, but if Kawasaki is going to sell it restricted I say no thanks... :bah:

2010NinjaZX6R2SSR.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Any idea how it's restricted?

I'm guessing that it's a little more involved than just knocking out a restricter plate somewhere in the intake as was usually the case in the 'good old days'.

With the ZX10R the bike is restricted at the ECU, exhaust and Throttle Bodies. And swapping the ECU is not easy as the restricted ZX10R bike has a different wiring harness... :annoyed:

The 2010 ZX6R is the KING of the 600cc supersport class, but if Kawasaki is going to sell it restricted I say no thanks... :bah:

Agreed. I think a lot of people think that way. I do hope Kawa come to their senses and sell the unrestricted version.

Kawa Chiang Mai recently sold the ZX10R they had on show... I asked them, they said it's been the same one on show since the beginning, I think more than a year ago. One unit in over a year... wow.

Anybody got a Kawasaki Er6f for sale in Phuket or close to here?

dam_n it, I put it in the wrong forum and it is not possible to delete the whole post.. sorry guys

Edited by Er6f

my bigest question is wot pipe line will they go with for the Thai production... side pipe, undertail pipe, or underbike pipe.....

You really are quite clueless aren't you? Go have a look at the restricted ZX6R in Malaysia and you'll see that the restricted exhaust "looks" the same as stock until you get up close and notice the headers and inner can are smaller diameter. Don't take my word for it- Google is your friend. That's your 3rd clueless post in a row... Give it a rest won't you? :jerk:

• 3 weeks later...

Off Topic but boy do Kawasaki Phuket need to work on their customer skills, I nearly cancelled my bike order twice because they were rude to my wife, speaking to the neighbour who also bought one recently and he said they pretty much treated him with contempt as well. I was this close to ordering from Phang-Nga or Issan and shipping it down.

Aha!! Just connected the dots...So your the one they put my gf on the phone with the other week!! What great customer service indeed..."Here talk to one of our random customers about your problems"!!! LOL!!!

the zx6 is already on kawa.co.th site, just did not list the price.

Um, wrong again... Do you even know the web site for Kawasaki, Thailand? :huh:

Admit it, you're just making this up as you go along right? loco.gif

He surely meant motorcycle.in.th

Easy on the noobs Tone... :Dave:

Aha!! Just connected the dots...So your the one they put my gf on the phone with the other week!! What great customer service indeed..."Here talk to one of our random customers about your problems"!!! LOL!!!

My mate put his mini KLX in there for some simple routine work.. Half of which they forgot to do, and when he checked his oil change thy only put in about half as much oil as it needed !!!

Just a joke of a main dealer, but still the best we have..

My mate put his mini KLX in there for some simple routine work.. Half of which they forgot to do, and when he checked his oil change thy only put in about half as much oil as it needed !!!

Just a joke of a main dealer, but still the best we have..

I superwise whatever they do, and since both parts and labor is extremely cheap, I guess more cant be expected.

Anyway its another world compared to previous big bikes ordering expensive parts from overseas and struggeling to find someone wanting to do a minor job for less than 10k baht