Motorcycle Crash

He is making a huge mistake not getting legal advice, from the sounds of it were not talking chump change here.

If he gets shafted it will be his own fault. Don't expect fair treatment when these things are going on. If he doesn't read and speak Thai, there is a good chance a lot of tea money will be involved.

Me I carry my lawyer card in my wallet, many times a simple phone call from your lawyer will stop the silliness.

Cops have no right to settle these cases unless he agrees to it. If he says no then it goes to court. If you don't fight back you have victim written all over you. The insurance he has based on what you say his insurance covers him 15K. Doesn't have anything to do with pedestrians, even covers your passenger. Not sure about property damage which seems to be what we are looking a here.

Holding his bike as evidence is legal and common tactic to get a settlement.

Oh well his money not mine.

He is making a huge mistake not getting legal advice, from the sounds of it were not talking chump change here.

If he gets shafted it will be his own fault. Don't expect fair treatment when these things are going on. If he doesn't read and speak Thai, there is a good chance a lot of tea money will be involved.

Me I carry my lawyer card in my wallet, many times a simple phone call from your lawyer will stop the silliness.

Cops have no right to settle these cases unless he agrees to it. If he says no then it goes to court. If you don't fight back you have victim written all over you. The insurance he has based on what you say his insurance covers him 15K. Doesn't have anything to do with pedestrians, even covers your passenger. Not sure about property damage which seems to be what we are looking a here.

Holding his bike as evidence is legal and common tactic to get a settlement.

Oh well his money not mine.

I have suggested it several times but he just does not seem to worried about it.... He might change his mind when he finally gets the bill for the other car...