125Cc Mountain Bike

ttakata

That looks like Oregon. In Tucson where I used to live, these things were very popular. There were a couple of companies making them there. There problem was with the city council. Couldn't decide if they were bikes or motorcycles. So they were always arguing if you needed a license. They seem to be pretty reliable though.

Yeah current prices won't fly here unless you're silly rich.

Since the Dtracker 125 is its closest competition, I think if they came in under 90000 BHT people might buy them.

If you watch the video of them off roading it, it could easily handle street traffic, you could just ride over curbs and cars if you want.

I think it could do a lot more than a DTX125 could.

Just for fun I sent FX an email saying congested Asia would be a good market.

They said they were working on a street legal model but nothing else.

It's doubtful the engines FX uses would get by Thai emissions as they have carbs, but then again other bikes sold here still have carbs so let us hope for the best.

I like the M85, it looks cooler, but being a 2 stroke it has no chance being street legal.

I'd love to see all the Derbi bikes here, they make the coolest line of under 125cc bikes, but being European they're expensive even before you consider import taxes.

Sadly it may have to take a Chinese or ASEAN copycat to bring something like this here before Thais consider buying them.

I think while we may lust after these kind of toys, they are less on the Thai radar (you know the herd mentality of whats cools is what other others already think as cool)..

Also for Thai size guys if they want a trick bike they need look no further than kwaker and the ksr.. I happened to ride past a large park the other night and there were 8 or so guys stunting ksr's.. As ever a couple rough riders, all ragged but 2 or 3 had real skills, seat stand wheelies, low speed, tight circles, showing real balance and smooth control. Impressive.