If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

rgs, you're having me on regarding your better half, you cruel bast..d. .... it's simply impossible.Some farangs complain about their missus being addicted to Thai soaps but I have never heard of a Thai lady following CS, Emmerdale Farm.etc. It defies all known psychological facts about the human species.

If there is an element of truth in your story I urge you to take your beloved to the UK, accompany her to Granada Studios with an already written script incorporating a Thai lady married to a farang living in Manchester and demands she be given a role.

Or even better, let's write the damn script ourselves and sell it to some TV company in the UK. Perhaps base it here, I'm sure we could come up with enough amusing stories, misunderstandings, etc to make a comedy series.Or has it been done already?

Always loved this song, oozes soul and feeling.

• Like 1

BN, first off, dedicated to your lady friend from Surin, is she one of these, I hear its rife up there, how refreshing to hear the original.

@TF, I know the song and video you talk of, its hilarious, the white hair, eye glasses handbag and ban nork clothes.

Back to BN, I shyt you not,she had already done the Coronation St tour, she enjoyed it more than Old Trafford.

We were there (OT) for a wedding reception, she was pissed off there was nothing with the logo on it to pinch and bring back as presents.

No ash trays beer glasses or owt.

At the time, the most expensive rip off prices for crap beer I had ever experienced, Budweiser, I kid you not, poxy Carling Black label, and Worthingtons bitter.

As for script, we have been beaten to it already.

@TF, tried doing a search for the song, sorry at this time of night I aint up for doing searches in Thai,

came across this one, the lyrics did make me laugh though, hilarious, perhaps they could play it in Lower Suk or Pattaya for all the peddlars and hawkers to listen to.

Raw ben khon Thai, raw gor tong jai yen yen, LOL.

Edited by rgs2001uk

BN @ post 4924, ref Kossoff, surely an old hippy such as yourself must have heard this classic from the only really relevant West Coat band,

Sometimes I feel so lonely My comedown I'm scared to face I've pierced my skin again, Lord No one cares For me My soul belongs to the dealer He keeps my mind as well I play the part of the leecher No one cares For me, cares for me Look out Joe, I'm fallin' I can't unfold my arms I've got one foot in the graveyard No one cares For me, cares for me

Arthur predates Neil Young and The Damage Done by years.

rgs, relevance is relative- for a 16 year old working class kid in the UK in 1976, punk rock may well have been a liberation, a saviour, a frenzy of 3 chord songs played for themselves to themselves, stamping their identity on rock.

For older folks like myself - their passion was admirable though their crap playing left much to be desired, - never mind that's their thing- it's relevant to them.

Regarding West Coast bands, we will have to agree to disagree as to importance, imo, the positive message of so many of The Dead's songs is timeless, as is the groove, as Paul McCartney once said, 'Not everyone likes our songs but our songs are positive', and I think that's true, they leave people feeling good. Music is wonderful, universal, it can make people violent,aggressive but great music must leave people feeling good and or inspired.

There have been many a song about drugs, as you know, Neil Young's The Needle and the Damage Done was written about the heroin overdose of Danny Whitten, imo, the thing about Neil Young's acoustic songs is his fantastic ability to write melodic tunes.

Wonderful timeless melodies- incomparable really.

• Like 1

their passion was admirable though their crap playing left much to be desired,

Thats the exact reason i was bored out my mind at Pink Floyd concerts, the playing was perfect, just like being sat at home listening to the albums, they never jammed, every concert sounds the exact same, boring boring bloody boring, Welcome To The Machine, LOL.

To be honest I prefer Neil in full electric mode with Crazy Horse.

Even Neil went punk/grunge long beore Kurt had ever heard of it.

awesome, what a sound.

• Like 1

rgs, your heart is in the right place because you love music with passion- which is the first criteria, everything else is secondary -eras, styles, etc.

Neil Young is a towering giant, superb in both acoustic and electric.i'm sure we can agree on that.

Regarding your missus liking Hawkwind- it's hard to find a lady in the West to appreciate the space travellers, is this really true? Amazing Thailand

I enclose a couple of songs that never age... Perhaps you could introduce your better half to the finer points of the West Coast- might cure her of her CS addiction!

BN, never said my mrs likes HW, she is bored to death of them as you are, LOL.

Anyway count the chords here, may well be too punk for you, LOL

Duanes slide is something to behold, utterly brilliant, pity the guy from the West Coast (Jerry) couldnt play a geetar like this.

• Like 1